PDA

View Full Version : Removing non-consensual PVP, SoulLight, Faction loss and the LE from the game...

Chuck Norris
04-06-13, 21:59
Removing non-consensual PVP - Only enable pvp in OP zones (players fight for, IE: Ideal end game hunting grounds) and other "pre-designated areas" (Arena's, Battle-domes, Racetracks and Ect.) making DoY a Highly contested end game dungeon with high risk and higher rewards then whats currently available in game. Maybe bring a version of Kamis back or higher/better Mc5's or just have lots of parts drop?

Removing Soul-light all together and faction loss in PvP, since it will be consensual in designated areas and sectors, this could therefore remove the LE debacle from the game entirely and bring NC in line with more current play styles.

This is just a start of ideas several others and myself have mentioned before.

Britney
04-06-13, 22:03
Well no that would defeat the entire dark and dangerous athmosphere Neocron has.

Trivaldi
04-06-13, 22:07
Personally I would prefer we got the complex and muti-faceted system right, rather than make it quite so simple. Remember we're still trying to turn the game around and establish a stable core, there's still plenty we want to do, including addressing legacy issues from years gone by.

Deus Ex Machina
04-06-13, 23:56
Personally I am going to think you are sarcastic with your Post Chuck.
And therefore the thread should be elsewhere.

P.S.: For the small chance you are not sarcastic: Your preferred game is elsewhere, because games with prefixed fighting zones exist already.
Neocron doesn't thats why we are here.

DIABLO666
05-06-13, 00:08
Indeed I think hes just making a troll thread cos people have made a lot of threads about ways to hinder people who use a le more and he seems to be a pve player (or at the very least strongly defends the le whenever he can).

In-case your serious, no cos thats literally the worst idea in the world as making to many safe zones was an issue to begin with, making more would be ridiculous. The whole idea of NC is its a dangerous world not that its a super safe happy land of wimsy

Dropout
05-06-13, 00:34
Trolling

Yeah thats a great idea.... Or yeah, no..

Kanedax
05-06-13, 00:44
Nope.

SilentEye
05-06-13, 11:21
Yup.

Edit:

I meant Nope >.< I was tricked.

eNTi
05-06-13, 11:54
nope.

Load_HeavyLoad
05-06-13, 12:53
please close this troll bait

Dropout
05-06-13, 12:56
please close this troll bait

Agreed.. Why on earth has this not been closed yet? :wtf:

Doc Holliday
05-06-13, 13:14
[ edited ]

Im just shocked he didnt suggest having battlegrounds in it and we all stand in plaza 1 and queue up for it. Maybe we could go to the gates of nc and do consensual duels while we wait for the queue to pop ;)

DIABLO666
05-06-13, 14:21
now now doc that would only work if we all petitioned for the gates of NC to become a classified duel zone, for that we would need to submit form 17-B to the foreman then wait for him to fill in form 83-J, and while this was happening an official adjudicator would come to investigate the safety involvement of having a battle take place at such a location, followed by a group from the christian league to judge if fighting is a holy enough pursuit. THEN we could have duels (assuming all that passed along with the EU and UN sanctions we would need)

RogerRamjet
05-06-13, 14:29
Can we remove non-consensual reading of terrible ideas on forums?

Ivan Eres
05-06-13, 16:20
Chuck's being serious, people.

Although his suggestion is a fundemental change of direction in regard to the current implementation of PvP in NC it should be discussed seriously.

I know Chuck's reputation on the forums ain't the best because of his usually provocative style but everybody deserves a second chance if he wants to participate honestly.

DIABLO666
05-06-13, 18:36
He's not being serious and if he is he should be playing something else cos he is basically asking for them to change the entire model of NC in such a way that most of the playerbase would quit if this idea happened. The whole point of neocron has always been that pvp can happen anywhere and you are always in danger pretty much, making a ton of zones safe is basically trying to move neocron into more of a WoW style MMO where you can pvp but only in a tiny amount of pre-designated areas.

Personally its that style which has made me quit every other MMO and come back to NC, I just want a huge world where I can pvp all over it I don't want to have to go to a tiny designated fight zone everybody cramps into in order to pvp. Granted PP is a bit like that now but fights can break out anywere, if I knew that I was not going to get any fights except in a small number of locations I'd get bored incredibly quickly.

Eternal Pink
05-06-13, 18:53
He's not being serious and if he is he should be playing something else cos he is basically asking for them to change the entire model of NC in such a way that most of the playerbase would quit if this idea happened. The whole point of neocron has always been that pvp can happen anywhere and you are always in danger pretty much, making a ton of zones safe is basically trying to move neocron into more of a WoW style MMO where you can pvp but only in a tiny amount of pre-designated areas.

I think you missed out the part where you said the whole point of NC for YOU was....

For me it was the cyber punk atmosphere, vehicles (Other than UT2004 vehicle combat outside of dedicated vehicle games was unheard of) and OP fights which you've not mentioned in your description of what NC means to YOU

Personally its that style which has made me quit every other MMO and come back to NC, I just want a huge world where I can pvp all over it I don't want to have to go to a tiny designated fight zone everybody cramps into in order to pvp. Granted PP is a bit like that now but fights can break out anywere, if I knew that I was not going to get any fights except in a small number of locations I'd get bored incredibly quickly.

Strange I play and none of this interests me at all, reason I quit stuff like WoW was due to the PvP being a level check and then a gear check and then finally a skill check. Being able or not being able to find random peeps to gank doesn't even factor into the equation for me.

Dropout
05-06-13, 19:05
Can we remove non-consensual reading of terrible ideas on forums?
/signed.

Chuck's being serious, people.

Although his suggestion is a fundemental change of direction in regard to the current implementation of PvP in NC it should be discussed seriously.

I know Chuck's reputation on the forums ain't the best because of his usually provocative style but everybody deserves a second chance if he wants to participate honestly.

No, no he isnt.. IF he is, he should honestly have taken his brainport rights away..

And no, he does not deserve a "second" chance after what, 20(?) idiotic threads/posts.

Chuck Norris
06-06-13, 00:42
sorry guys I dont know what i was thinking, this is a trolls game. I now realize many people play this purely to troll and harass others In a game.

In a game where scamming is allowed and legit, I suppose grieving and just all around screwing people is the true spirit of NC, im sure it will bring in throngs of new players.

Dont want to ruin the Cyberpunk aspects of "defeat'ing the entire dark and dangerous athmosphere Neocron has."

Britney
06-06-13, 01:11
sorry guys I dont know what i was thinking, this is a trolls game. I now realize many people play this purely to troll and harass others In a game.

In a game where scamming is allowed and legit, I suppose grieving and just all around screwing people is the true spirit of NC, im sure it will bring in throngs of new players.

Dont want to ruin the Cyberpunk aspects of "defeat'ing the entire dark and dangerous athmosphere Neocron has."

NC will never pull the numbers say World of Warcraft will, it's a niche game but thats why people who do play it like it. For consent-only pvp theres a lot of other games.

How does open world pvp make you so unhappy?

Arista Barret
06-06-13, 05:38
Trivaldi got it right...Complex PvP and remove or allow soul light gain. No LE=PvP. I like watching my back at all times from everyone. Middle-finger in the air!