PDA

View Full Version : Lower Grave Snake Damage

Deus Ex Machina
04-06-13, 14:15
Its a bit of a "I died" thread, but it was some testing behind it:

I WANTED to test the damage the snakes in the grave do. Just for the sake of it I wanted to know the damage I got from one poison stack.
Unfortunatly I couldn't find the exit before I got a second one at me.
I even used a Concentrated antidote once I was out. That just removed one of the stacks though, and as I said: I died.

Then I examined the damage log. I had a bit under 1000 Health. I had a bit under 50% Damage Reduction against poison (Not too high specced, not the drug with me, but the highest Poison Armor I could find in a hurry).
I got hit once with a bite or whatever it is that gives Piercing AND Poison Damage at the same Time (giving about 200 Damage). Everything else was the stacks.
Calculating from the damage numbers, that I removed one stack and the second one was still running when I died I come to one conclusion:

One stack of Poison Damage from a 100/100 Snake dishes out over 1000 Damage (before Resists). Okay, its 100/100 but 1000 Damage for one hit? I think thats a bit over the top, so thats my argument for lowering it.

I know stacks are supposed to hit harder than a direct hit, but thats a bit much, especially when the enemy we are talking about exists mostly in an area were you cannot use cover really.

Dropout
04-06-13, 14:20
Wow.. That kinda damage Grim Persi territory :wtf:
Yeah they should have their damage lowered, for sure lol.

eNTi
04-06-13, 14:26
have you tried fire mobs? i laugh at the direct hits from 120/120 grim chasers, but two 64/64 hoppers will send me running for cover. a little less extreme of an example is the disparity between doom reapers 78/78 and terrormaulers 72/72. while i can melee a doom reaper with my bare fists a terrormauler is still something to hide behind cover and this dude is GREEN for me. the difference is fire stacks. if i get a fire stack from a grim chaser it will hurt a lot more than one i get from a hopper, but i get a stack from a hopper almost all the time and only sometimes from a chaser.

William Antrim
04-06-13, 16:56
Terrormaulers is force damage, same as perc. This might be the discrepancy.

As for the snakes. I think personally they should tone down the damage over time for sure. Ideally something akin to the Chaos Lieutenants in the Chaos Caves would be good. Hard enough to need a ppu but soft enough to be doable with a skilled team. The Graves need to be harder than chaos caves as there is only one of them and so it needs to represent an upgrade to the challenge provided.

Load_HeavyLoad
04-06-13, 17:03
maybe bring back the antipoison sanctum? as to be honest it doesnt really affect pvp that much (only holy catharsis sanctum did IMHO)

Doc Holliday
04-06-13, 17:04
Poison mobs by their nature hurt way too much in 2.2. It's a shame. It's an issue to be tested and tackled.

Bring back the swamp caves.

William Antrim
04-06-13, 17:19
maybe bring back the antipoison sanctum? as to be honest it doesnt really affect pvp that much (only holy catharsis sanctum did IMHO)

That would nerf the devourer though. Diabolo666 would love you. :)

Load_HeavyLoad
04-06-13, 18:04
youd be surprised how much the fire stack damage does (think hopper on steroids)