PDA

View Full Version : Alphabetical Genrep List

SynC_187
03-06-13, 11:15
A hopefully simple change, but could we have the genrep list alphabetical please?

The larger the list gets, the slower it is to find places. You remember where places you go to regularly are in the list, but not the rest. Hopefully this would be a simple change to the query that gets the list.

eNTi
03-06-13, 11:33
if anything there should be a sort button, but i have a very peculiar sort order i don't want to miss.

SynC_187
03-06-13, 11:34
if anything there should be a sort button, but i have a very peculiar sort order i don't want to miss.

That would work for me too.

Ivan Eres
03-06-13, 11:37
if anything there should be a sort button

Yeah, that's good.

/signed

William Antrim
03-06-13, 12:01
I know this is gonna sound incredibly anal and stuff but you can sort your GRs into alphabetical order yourself with the up and down buttons on the side. It is a shit job but it is something I have done on occasion when idling in P1 while waiting for SI to wear off.

I know its not a great solution but I did a few at a time on all my chars over the last few months and it worked out ok for me.

eNTi
03-06-13, 12:45
I know this is gonna sound incredibly anal and stuff but you can sort your GRs into alphabetical order yourself with the up and down buttons on the side. It is a shit job but it is something I have done on occasion when idling in P1 while waiting for SI to wear off.

I know its not a great solution but I did a few at a time on all my chars over the last few months and it worked out ok for me.
hehe... well there's a reason we use cars instead of walking to a destination. ofc you can get there by foot as well. someday... :)

zii
03-06-13, 13:22
I place this in an order like:

* P2
* Public GRs not in NC including DoY.
* OP GRs in alphabetical order
* NC based GRs
* HQs

So, for the love of god please do not force us to have these displayed alphabetically. Either leave this as it is, or provide a couple of views (e.g alphabetical and reverse alphabetical order), that do not reset the original user configured view.

SynC_187
03-06-13, 13:39
I place this in an order like:

* P2
* Public GRs not in NC including DoY.
* OP GRs in alphabetical order
* NC based GRs
* HQs

So, for the love of god please do not force us to have these displayed alphabetically. Either leave this as it is, or provide a couple of views (e.g alphabetical and reverse alphabetical order), that do not reset the original user configured view.

The suggestion to add the sort button would allow you to keep that, but give the option of sort for those of us who want to :D

William Antrim
03-06-13, 15:25
The suggestion to add the sort button would allow you to keep that, but give the option of sort for those of us who want to :D

Or just use the arrows to manually sort it yourself.

SynC_187
03-06-13, 16:22

I still start my car with a crank too.......

I get up from the comfort of the sofa and walk over to the TV to change the channel...

Ascension
03-06-13, 16:29

Lol, Just because you can doesn't mean its a good solution.

Eternal Pink
03-06-13, 19:39
Sort yourself how you like via the up/down.

I don't want alphabetical order as I group my GR's into locations I regularly visit, i.e

Appart
Outzone
DRT
All faction HQ's
Misc like battledome, tawkins etc
Labs
Factorys
Uplinks
Mines

So be less lazy and do yourself

DIABLO666
03-06-13, 19:49
I always sort it myself, inside neocron places first, then the important outside spots like canyon, mb, drt, then OPs my clan own, and from then on its just sort of random until another OP becomes open and thus needs to be near the top

William Antrim
03-06-13, 22:12
I am offering a short term solution to a simple problem.