PDA

View Full Version : Whats the new secret to pvp?

DIABLO666
31-05-13, 16:02
Odd question I realise but in the old days I could aim and kill people fine, even good players I could put up a good fight, these days though people just run through me or close to me and my camera throws a hissy fit while trying to keep the lock on but they don't seem to suffer at all.

Whats the secret? some new plan for fighting must have come through when I was away as it was never this impossible, and by impossible I don't mean its hard to steady the aim I mean I try but then cos of the changing camera position cos of them running through me it shoots off in a random direction (mostly I think due to be stuck in walls) so its literally not possible to keep the aim. How do you solve this? set the cam distance really close? or is there something else to fix it.

Strife
31-05-13, 16:27
Cam distance closer probably wouldn't hurt. Some areas are just horrible for cameras, pepper1 ramp area outside of the club being one.

One of the most crucial tips I've found is lock your fps at 60 with a 3rd party program. I use nvidia inspector. It really smooths out character movement so you don't get the whole "Press left mouse to shoot, oh wait they micro-teleported out of my crosshair and I missed" problems.

Arista Barret
07-06-13, 22:33
Learn the area well enough to not cause yourself so many problems. Lowering the camera distance does help but it throws off my movements. This problem is very bad for heavy combat. My best solution has been altering my own movements and not allowing my camera to contact walls when turning a corner. It ends up being like side-strafing around edges. In small areas with a close fighter, back out and allow him to run into your retical and hope he is going to chase. You should be able to find certain spots that greatly reduce your camera problems. I feel your pain.

nabbl
07-06-13, 22:45
Cam distance closer probably wouldn't hurt. Some areas are just horrible for cameras, pepper1 ramp area outside of the club being one.

One of the most crucial tips I've found is lock your fps at 60 with a 3rd party program. I use nvidia inspector. It really smooths out character movement so you don't get the whole "Press left mouse to shoot, oh wait they micro-teleported out of my crosshair and I missed" problems.

yeah .. fps locking helps a lot..

but otherwise: train hard and get better.. I know it is a kind of stupid answer for your problem.

High Weapon Lore helps too for aim cap.

William Antrim
07-06-13, 23:35
Spending more time in game fighting a superior opponent and less time on the forum making these threads would be a start.

J@ck on Cr@ck
08-06-13, 01:07
... train hard and get better ...

Spending more time in game fighting a superior opponent ...

Practice makes perfect.
A start would be to get a good PVPer + PPU and practice for 2 or 3 hours. Im sure you will notice that your aim, movement etc improves over time. Also he can give you some pointers on what you are doing wrong or what you can do better.
Also consider working on your setup, NSkill is very very helpful for that!

DIABLO666
08-06-13, 02:08
Well thanks for tips though sadly there isn't any magic answer about camera I was hoping for =p I think I'm just cursed to always be bad at fighting spies, I've always had the issue that I can say kill a tank with ease then that tank will kill a spy with ease who slaughters me. I just don't get what it is spies are just my kryptonite it seems. Most important thing I've relearnt though is to shoot the legs, damn that makes a difference.

Britney
08-06-13, 02:15
Spending more time in game fighting a superior opponent and less time on the forum making these threads would be a start.

hammer...nail....head

DIABLO666
08-06-13, 02:25
hammer...nail....head

I'd more say hammer thumb ow for that comment, the fighting superiors is fine but the other bit is a bit silly as that would imply posting 24/7 when its now and then I check. Indeed it seems more like a trolly reply than anything so the hammer is indeed far from the mark

BlueRobot
08-06-13, 04:22
Due to slower movement speed more externaldistance is better now. (you cant really run around people and make it harder for them to aim you anymore)
Since rifles got nerfed pistols + 2-5 ionic pistols are better since it's a lot easier to finish people off with ionics.
Tanks are far superior to any class in situations where you can't use stealth to your advantage now. (basicly any situation with ppu, thats not a big fight/opfight)
PP1 is the new lowbob pvp lamefest sector now and you have to get used to the walls where your cam bounces off.

That's what i gathered so far. I wouldn't bother with pp1 too much though, since it has nothing in common with PvP outside of Neocron City.

The Red Guy
08-06-13, 06:07
I never liked the ionic shotgun weapons. Hell of a dmg and ppl carry ~4 of them in their belt. Feels wrong. Just sayin'.

Would like to hear other opinions.

Doc Holliday
08-06-13, 06:18
Why carry more than one....

Can't swap before the gun reloads like the old days. Catch up with the times people. Use different ammo mods maybe but that's the only reason to carry more now.

The Red Guy
08-06-13, 06:44
Well, now that you mention it :) I noticed something was different swaping items in the quickbelt but never gave it a second thought.

Dropout
08-06-13, 11:09
Why carry more than one....

Can't swap before the gun reloads like the old days. Catch up with the times people. Use different ammo mods maybe but that's the only reason to carry more now.

You can still quickswap 'em.

DIABLO666
08-06-13, 11:58
Aye you can indeed, you need to time it perfectly for it to work and as such some people have setup macros to do it for them but you still can do it.

And aye robot pp is a bit crappy and is pretty much the anti my fighting style as I liked to try and keep my distance, but sadly its the only place pvp happens right now except in OP wars, sure I could go out into the world hunting but all you find these days is le people farming or low level people. We need to try and seize on the idea somebody had and move the fun fight pvp to battle dome. The only problem with that is a ppu would be needed at all times as theres no zoneline so each fight would mean a 10-15min wait for another without 1 and it would be susceptible for certain clans to bring a whole OP team to ruin the fun like I've seen happen in pp1.

William Antrim
08-06-13, 12:12
I'd more say hammer thumb ow for that comment, the fighting superiors is fine but the other bit is a bit silly as that would imply posting 24/7 when its now and then I check. Indeed it seems more like a trolly reply than anything so the hammer is indeed far from the mark

I make my observation and subsequent advice based on the amount of moaning you have done on the forum in the last week. To that end I think that my advice, whilst somewhat tongue in cheek, is far from trolling and in fact factually accurate old bean.

So yeah quit your bitchin and get bitch slappin'.

Tbh.

:)

DIABLO666
08-06-13, 13:22
Well you need to become more observant as I generally check the forums randomly if I have some spare time and of course suggesting balance changes is hardly *bitching and whining* unless you are going to name sparta the *bitch and whine* server. Just because you don't agree with an idea doesn't make it bitching and whining. I know its hard for some people to realise other people have other ideas that differ from theirs but that doesn't instantly make them wrong.

William Antrim
08-06-13, 14:13
I am not referring to your ideas. I am referring to your moaning. Which you admitted to. :)

DIABLO666
08-06-13, 14:56
I have a good moan now and then bit unfair to suggest most of my posts are moaning as a lot is defending my ideas from peoples who idea of a counter argument is to say I'm a noob and that they'll try to kill me in-game

William Antrim
08-06-13, 14:59
Only one person said that, and if it bothers you that much I think you need to stay off the internet. :)

DIABLO666
08-06-13, 15:16
Not said it bothers me I enjoy more people to fight =) I just find it sad that people think attacking people is the best way to counter a argument

Dropout
08-06-13, 17:22
Aye you can indeed, you need to time it perfectly for it to work and as such some people have setup macros to do it for them but you still can do it.
You're shitting me right? I REALLY doubt that anyone has set up macros for it..
I borrowed 2 Ionic pistols from a mate some days ago, and I was quickswitching them with ease, eventhough its not something I have done since Terra..

DIABLO666
08-06-13, 18:36
Can't remember his name some guy in a CM clan was using about 4 ion pistols in a row perfectly each time, aint nobody doing that without a macro to perfect the timing

Dropout
08-06-13, 18:46
Can't remember his name some guy in a CM clan was using about 4 ion pistols in a row perfectly each time, aint nobody doing that without a macro to perfect the timing

Yeah they do.. Nothing has changed since Terra when it comes to quickswitching.. And back then I could do it with 6 Ionics quite easy. The main problem is hitting with them all :p

Arista Barret
09-06-13, 06:33
Lol i macro for ionic pistols. Thats a joke right? You are much better off manually switching them and firing when on target. Reload in stealth...easy kill. I consider it legit but deff poser pvp. If you carry sic ionics and die, theres your drawback. Personally i can kill people using one.

Dropout
09-06-13, 10:24
Lol i macro for ionic pistols. Thats a joke right? You are much better off manually switching them and firing when on target. Reload in stealth...easy kill. I consider it legit but deff poser pvp. If you carry sic ionics and die, theres your drawback. Personally i can kill people using one.

The amount I carried back then was mainly just because I could.. And because I prefer not abusing stealth too much.

On Titan I kill people without any Ionics.. lol

Neallys
09-06-13, 18:37
It's always funny to see people thinking Tanks are the best in PvP when at any minute a spy can come out of stealth and unload his ionics in your face and kill you within 5 seconds.

Anyway yeah, I would avise to try to find your fit (setup/build) and then play around with a weapon you are good with, CS/Devourer/Creed/Ravager and don't forget to move a lot during PvP.

Juppe
09-06-13, 19:17
New secret to pvp? Ive noticed people have started to zerg alot. Sadly that kills the fun of pvp(and the game).
i mean 5vs1..pff.. Yea that requires skill.. And some unnamed persnons tend to use woc rocketlauncher..its good oneshotter lol. So basicly its win by whatever mentality whats going on atm. Maybe this wrong thread for this.. But it would be cool if people had some more fairplay in them.
i think everyone who pvps can say a good fair fight is more enjoyable than zergin. Even if you lose.

Arista Barret
09-06-13, 21:38
New secret to pvp? Ive noticed people have started to zerg alot. Sadly that kills the fun of pvp(and the game).
i mean 5vs1..pff.. Yea that requires skill.. And some unnamed persnons tend to use woc rocketlauncher..its good oneshotter lol. So basicly its win by whatever mentality whats going on atm. Maybe this wrong thread for this.. But it would be cool if people had some more fairplay in them.
i think everyone who pvps can say a good fair fight is more enjoyable than zergin. Even if you lose.

Total whine....step up your game. Don't expect the game to be lowered to your standards. I didn't hear one person whine when RSC had 30 people taking ops from us. Check YouTube if you doubt. Bring your best to the table.

nabbl
09-06-13, 22:24
Yeah they do.. Nothing has changed since Terra when it comes to quickswitching.. And back then I could do it with 6 Ionics quite easy. The main problem is hitting with them all :p

I am still quite sure that this is considered an exploit. Especially since they forced reloading with the latest patch.
Switching weapons to prevent reloading and prevent your aim to reset and increase the frequency of your weapon should not be allowed at all.

There is not drawback with 6 ionics in your quickbelt when fighting in an Outpost is there?

DIABLO666
09-06-13, 22:44
Nop just insane power and almost no delay between shots at all, mentioned this in another thread and one of the forum mods said it was an issue being fixed so it should be gone before long.

Dropout
09-06-13, 22:58
There is not drawback with 6 ionics in your quickbelt when fighting in an Outpost is there?

Nope there isnt.
But yeah this will hopefully get fixed rather soon..
Shouldnt be harder than force reload when your clip is empty (which probably will make the Ionic pistol pretty useless).

@War Barney, there is a delay between shots, when fast-switching.. Takes about 1-1,5 sec before the second shot goes off..
Havent we talked about not speaking of Things, of which you havent tried?

DIABLO666
09-06-13, 23:02
You always take things in a super literal way, haven't we talked about you trying to be reasonable instead of trying to be a douche? 1s is pretty much no delay compared to the huge delay of a reload. Sure I over-emphasis at times but you have a worse trait of always trying to find a way to be a dick to people.

Poor show old chap

Dropout
09-06-13, 23:05
You always take things in a super literal way, haven't we talked about you trying to be reasonable instead of trying to be a douche? 1s is pretty much no delay compared to the huge delay of a reload. Sure I over-emphasis at times but you have a worse trait of always trying to find a way to be a dick to people.

Poor show old chap

You should have seen what I was about to write then.. :p
Im not trying to be rude though, but I am very tired of posts which is straight up lies.

DIABLO666
09-06-13, 23:48
There was no straight up lie just a slight exaggeration, I know you like to bully people but you should stop really

J@ck on Cr@ck
10-06-13, 01:21

Only drawback I can think of would be the additional weight. :P

J@ck on Cr@ck
10-06-13, 01:27
There was no straight up lie just a slight exaggeration, I know you like to bully people but you should stop really

Well Dropout got a point since you said " ... aint nobody doing that without a macro to perfect the timing"

Which of course is BS!
How about you stop with those "slight exaggerations" and stick with the facts?

eNTi
10-06-13, 09:32
the secrets to pvp are:
pp1 -> luck/zerg
op -> ppus/zerg
1v1 -> stealth/zerg

Juppe
10-06-13, 11:13
Total whine....step up your game. Don't expect the game to be lowered to your standards. I didn't hear one person whine when RSC had 30 people taking ops from us. Check YouTube if you doubt. Bring your best to the table.

dude, lowered to my standards? you're funny man.. im doing ok and im definatly not whining. I also aint talking about OP fights.. im just talking about random fights around NC city. The fact that people take "op teams" to patrol the streets and shoot with wocket launchers to the zoneline so your dead before you can even move.
That is killin PvP. That is a fact people dont realize..
what i meant by my post was, id like people to man up a little and fight fair. Our nc community isnt that big.. we cant afford to lose pvpers to other games.
Dont get me wrong.. I dont mind fighting against bigger numbers.. but you have to admit zergin pp is lame.
If im alone and none of my friends are online i go looking for fights.. but when you run into zergs and shit.. its pretty boring. Im not leaving NC so dont bother replying "look for other games" bs. NC is my first love and i just would like to people respect the game and respect fair pvp.
peace out

eNTi
10-06-13, 11:16
the latest and greatest in pvp is killing people while they hack their wbs. now that's a challenge.

Load_HeavyLoad
10-06-13, 11:37
the latest and greatest in pvp is killing people while they hack their wbs. now that's a challenge.

it's a dangerous world out there, that's the whole point

eNTi
10-06-13, 11:43
it's a dangerous world out there, that's the whole point
i thought the point was to have fun and engaging pvp? oh wait this is griefocron... i forgot. there i thought for a moment people want fun fights. my mistake.

Netphreak
10-06-13, 12:20

That has always been a 'thing' you had you watch out for. Nothing's changed there.

Hunting wb's is always better when you do it with a friend, so there have your back when hacking. Plus it's not just other players you gotta watch out for when hunting wb's as other mobs spawning will kill you just as quick. (I'm looking at you overpowered spiderbots...)

As for the ionic pistols, maybe when they fully prevent fast switch on reload, the ionic pistol could be given 2 shots per mag but have a slowish rate of fire and maybe slightly reduced damage per shot.

William Antrim
10-06-13, 12:23
i thought the point was to have fun and engaging pvp? oh wait this is griefocron... i forgot. there i thought for a moment people want fun fights. my mistake.

If I saw you hunting in the wastes and hacking a warbot I would wait for you to finish your hack and then gank you. That would be both fun and engaging for me.

I agree with Juppe completely.

The win at all costs mentality is what kills this community - at least the half that do like to PVP. The bads make it worse by being terrible at it.

It is a shame but the cycle will continue if people do not see that they are ruining the game with it. This goes for both sides of the community.

Netphreak
10-06-13, 12:27
If I saw you hunting in the wastes and hacking a warbot I would wait for you to finish your hack and then gank you. That would be both fun and engaging for me.

^ This though I will admit to having started punching people while I'm waiting for them to finish their hack.

LiL T
10-06-13, 13:07
Force hardware Mouse, turn off windows mouse acceleration.

google "Markc Mouse Acceleration Fix for Windows 7" in quotes, replace windows 7 with what ever version of windows you're using obviously.

Dropout
10-06-13, 13:40

I agree with Juppe completely.

The win at all costs mentality is what kills this community - at least the half that do like to PVP. The bads make it worse by being terrible at it.

It is a shame but the cycle will continue if people do not see that they are ruining the game with it. This goes for both sides of the community.

I definitely agree with this aswell. Im sick of the current mentality that some people have.
I pretty much never go to pp1 anymore for this very reason.
The only place I fight now is at Opfights and when Im tech hunting on my HL spy (god that rifle sucks in close combat lol).

William Antrim
10-06-13, 14:11
More fun to gank people who are levelling. :)

Putting an op fight team into pp1 and then zoneline hugging because you dont want to die is almost as bad as wocet launchering everyone and hiding around copbots.

I have seen one clan get notorious for this and I do not feel the need to mention names, suffice to say I cannot see them being around much longer.

Doc Holliday
10-06-13, 14:18

Putting an op fight team into pp1 and then zoneline hugging because you dont want to die is almost as bad as wocet launchering everyone and hiding around copbots.

I have seen one clan get notorious for this and I do not feel the need to mention names, suffice to say I cannot see them being around much longer.

Aaah you must mean virus.

BlueRobot
10-06-13, 14:53
Don't expect pp1 to give you a good fighting experience. The best fights have always been in the wastelands around crp/mb/el farid etc.

Safezone-Sync fights have always been lame as fuck.

Edit: I also dislike that nabbl is talking about nerfing anything but tanks all the time. I see a pettern there, and everyone knows what happened the last time.

J@ck on Cr@ck
10-06-13, 15:17
The fact that people take "op teams" to patrol the streets and shoot with wocket launchers to the zoneline so your dead before you can even move.
That is killin PvP.

I definitely agree with this aswell. Im sick of the current mentality that some people have.
I pretty much never go to pp1 anymore for this very reason.

Don't expect pp1 to give you a good fighting experience. The best fights have always been in the wastelands around crp/mb/el farid etc.

I agree with all of you guys.
I guess the mentality has changed and its all about killing for the sake of it and to destroy your enemies at all costs, no matter how lame.
When you are alone and fight multiple PPU buffed enemies and then you get antibuffed and DB its just ridiculous.

@BlueRobot Long time ago, when DOY was still inhabited, you could have some great fights in PP3 as well.

Well this has always been part of the game. Tell people who killed you and where in help/trade. I always loved to hunt those guys down!

William Antrim
10-06-13, 15:29
How do you stop your clan mates doing it though eh....

Doc Holliday
10-06-13, 15:50
How do you stop your clan mates doing it though eh....

Easy. Find a decent clan.

DIABLO666
10-06-13, 16:04
Well Dropout got a point since you said " ... aint nobody doing that without a macro to perfect the timing"

Which of course is BS!
How about you stop with those "slight exaggerations" and stick with the facts?

Yes I said aint nobody shooting 4 ions in a row with perfect timing for each which is most likely correct, I guess there could be 1 or 2 people who have perfected the timing on switching and can do it 4 or 5 times in a row but it would be much easier to use a macro

Dropout
10-06-13, 18:26
Yes I said aint nobody shooting 4 ions in a row with perfect timing for each which is most likely correct, I guess there could be 1 or 2 people who have perfected the timing on switching and can do it 4 or 5 times in a row but it would be much easier to use a macro

Dude.. Stop..

Try it yourself.. Its easy..

Load_HeavyLoad
10-06-13, 19:11

Just because some people have being using multiple ionic pistols since they were implemented and mastered fast switching does not mean you can just write them off as macroers because your cor-ordination and timing isnt up to it, appreciate practise and skill when its due

Petalustig
10-06-13, 19:32
Dude.. Stop.
Try it yourself.. Its easy..

Haha thats True :D i think its the Guy who Stay with le in pp1 and Write all the Time nice macro... Lol Look at this macro

J@ck on Cr@ck
10-06-13, 19:39

Did you try it yourself? No you say? Then shut up!
Its easier than you think!

TheonlyoneIknow
19-06-13, 01:31
Just downloaded and set nVidia Inspector up for NC after reading this. The 60 fps lock is under "Frame Rate Limiter" ??? if so, I couldn't see 60 so instead set this value to PS_FRAMERATE_LIMITER_THRESHOLD. Is this the field I change and is that the setting I use?

Many thanks, tooik.