PDA

View Full Version : Body Count

The Red Guy
30-05-13, 14:36
A Body Count/statistic is a nice feature and kinda fun. Just add it to the runner info.

Mutants, runners, plants, vehicles, NPCs, insects, the whole megillah!

RogerRamjet
30-05-13, 15:06
Yes! Would be an amazing feature.

nabbl
30-05-13, 15:21
It would be amazing if we would have such an information in the damage-log-files.

We could then put it into the logalyzer: http://www.neocron-is.com/statistics

Brammers
30-05-13, 15:45
Or make the stats available via the Neocron API.

Ascension
30-05-13, 16:21
Great shout, regarding 'runners', make it count faction too!

SynC_187
30-05-13, 17:38
Yep, like this one!

William Antrim
30-05-13, 21:43
Not wishing to sound like a miserable sod but wouldnt it just make lots of work actually storing the data? I realise individually it sounds good but if you are trying to track every stat and kill for a few thousand individuals surely it might get tiresome after a while?

zii
30-05-13, 22:45
No way. This sounds great! As for storing, this is just a tinyamount of data, and easy to retrieve like a name on a dog tag, or the amount of money you have.

Also add counters for: # of times you were killed by another runner.

eNTi
31-05-13, 01:17
e-peen enlargement

Doc Holliday
31-05-13, 04:27
Sounds like a good idea for anyone that likes statistics. If numbers is your thing then by all means track it. You can see how many thousand grims killed or warbots hacked. You could even keep a tab on it to see how many kills it took for the mythical addtech of cs to drop for you :)

Time since char made could be another good one for speed levelling if someone wanted to set a record for example. There was an iron man contest in wow once. players started from level 1. they were not allowed to do instances at all and must equip and use only white level gear (crap basically) and if the char died even once they must delete and re-roll back to level 1. it was a test of endurance to see how far people could go.

The reason i reference it was because it was community driven and was fully endorsed by the devs. i cant see that happening in nc (can you imagine using storebought weapons for the whole grind) but if someones crazy enough to try a stats tracking thing it could be very useful in tracking this. It would be a different kind of (and very hardcore version in terms of pve at least) nc experience. It would definitely not work with the LE out which would make it even tougher when the malus kicked in but its another idea of a player initiated event that the stats data would be useful for.

not just for e-peen enlargement :rolleyes:

Castr0
31-05-13, 08:54
I like the idea !!
(of the first post, I didn't read all)

slith
31-05-13, 11:48
Great. A list full of Regants Mobs, Firemobs and Chaos Cave Critters for every character! Those with Warbots in top3 will stand out.

Fremen
31-05-13, 18:14
Hey OP,

I'm not sure this is doable with the actual game engine.

Also it would add more traffic which you don't really want... right ? :p

The Red Guy
31-05-13, 18:50
I don't know what the game engine is capable of. How am I supposed to know? ;) I guess it's not that big deal to log that kind of information. Heck, it doesn't have to be realtime and update on every single kill.

A part of the community rush to cap and use the same old fast lvl spots... good riddance. Who cares? The whole thing is meant to be a fun stat, nothing else.

evs
04-06-13, 17:32
You know it would get exploited by a 0/2 baseball batting his second account toon to death in his appartment to get 'the high score'

The Red Guy
04-06-13, 18:00
good point. runner kills only count above a rank of ~XX/40.

But I guess that wouldn't help in the long run either...

Chuck Norris
04-06-13, 21:40
a lot of people play this thing like a First Person Shooter, to me this is tell tell of LE problems also

This isnt a counterstrike nor a quake map with kill counts JFC, this is why some people actually saved Dog tags of people they killed, now people just want to indiscriminately slaughter people and watch their score rise, pffft ;p