PDA

View Full Version : My Latest Neocron Video

Faid
29-05-13, 06:09
Here's a little video I started putting together way back on Terra and ended up finishing on Titan.

It includes bits and pieces of neocron activity with some fan art. Hope ya like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMXF5NNVDsY

BlueRobot
29-05-13, 06:44
Really nice video.

Doc Holliday
29-05-13, 08:05
Well done. That is very slick. After the credits started to roll i kinda lost a bit of interest but you captured the essence of neocron in the first 4 minutes for sure.

Twist3d
30-05-13, 01:11
Brilliant video that loved it

Brammers
30-05-13, 01:23
Cool video, who did the music?

nabbl
30-05-13, 09:38
music style questionable and the neocron graphics look even worse with zoom and these effects.

But I like the part with SilentEyes Club-Music :-)

William Antrim
30-05-13, 09:50
Too much in the credits (2 minutes?). It's like Kate Winslett accepting her Oscar. The first 4 minutes were sick though. Props.

evs
30-05-13, 15:54
I actually liked the credits section more than the first part, liked all the art work :)

Faid
30-05-13, 16:40
Thanks for the replies guys.

The music is a Dubstep Remix of "Stereo Love" and "Hey Ho" by the Lumineers.

The Credits section wasn't really supposed to be credits for the video but more of a showcase for a bunch of NC fan art. It wasn't supposed to be that long but I kept finding more and more awesome fan art, then I attended one of Blackmazes Neocasts and had to do a bit about that :)

Manuel Moonez
30-05-13, 17:07
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Nidhogg
30-05-13, 17:21
Very nice. :)

kill3r
30-05-13, 20:53
that's an awesome video I hope times now understand some of the game and also get gamble

Very nice

MFG Kill3r

Riddle
31-05-13, 20:54
Great video buddy, some awesome effects in there, fantastic!

Thanks for the mention of my emporium :D god I wish I had the time to build that place up again !! Miss being an integral part of the community, but alas the server move was for the best, the team have done an amazing job so far.

On a side note, what software did you use? And how did you deal with the compression? I want to do another flash style one but really had trouble with compression and maintaining quality...

Trivaldi
01-06-13, 02:08
Fantastic video! Do you mind if I pimp this via our social media channels? I'd think this was enough to tip some old school players over the edge to come back. Great work.

Ascension
01-06-13, 11:27
I enjoyed it, great work.

gstyle40
02-06-13, 16:38
as i said on our forums great vid as always faid. i like the part where i was waving goodbye at the end.....very cinematic! the silent hunter shot on the aggy cap, and the suicide jump were epic lol. almost for got the one fist one drom moment :D

Faid
02-06-13, 18:22
thanks again guys :) I love making NC video's and hope to do some more in the future.

I use fraps to capture the video uncompressed which takes up a ton of space but I have a 2TB virtually empty HD that i store it on. I use Adobe Premiere to edit and there are a bunch of options to choose when saving your final project compression wise. I use the 1080i 30fps setting which comes out looking very good. I'm just glad youtube let the music work lol

@Triv Feel free to use that or any of my video's, if it helps Neocron I'm all for it :)

DIABLO666
03-06-13, 02:11
Loved it, they should use this as an ad for neocron when they start advertising again it shows all the stuff you need and a sort of idea of what the game is and why despite it having more problems than every other game in the world combined I'm still sitting here at 1:10am 10 years after I started playing on this forum and playing the game. Most likely will keep playing it until they pull the plug, I don't know what the hell it is but neocrack is a perfect term, neocron just has... something that means when you love it you never fall out of love with it despite the issues.

And back on topic this video reminds me of that =) brought back all the memories of good times that makes me keep going despite the problems and always willing to grasp any tiny hope it will improve.

Overall another good job =) I do love the tale of 2 spys though to