PDA

View Full Version : Discussion for the improvement of the Marine cpu

DIABLO666
27-05-13, 14:21
As with the other threads this one is about improving a chip, this time the marine, I remember when this was one of the first rares a tank would get as it was quite easy to find bits for but gave you a nice boost till you could get some of the better ones, right now though I'd sooner use a soldier 1 than this chip. For those who don't know it currently gives

STR:+1.90 TRA:+15.21 FOR:+9.51 PCR:+9.51
INT:-1.00 HCK:-5.02.

See what I mean? lets compare that to the SS and the SF.

DEX:+3.88 P‑C:+15.54 T‑C:+15.54
STR:-1.00 M‑C:-5.13 for the SS

DEX:+3.88 R‑C:+15.54 T‑C:+15.54
STR:-1.00 M‑C:-5.13 for the SF

There is a huge discrepancy here, again thought he fix is simple, make the marine a strength equivalent of the dex versions so it gives 3.88str, 15hc and 15tc. This would instantly make it useful again not only for tanks but for hc pes which are sorely lacking these days as so many of the hc implants they use to use have for some reason been smashed with thors nerf maul of death. As always if you feel this implant could be better improved with other stats feel free to offer suggestions with reasons.

SynC_187
28-05-13, 17:35
I agree. Imps should all be put in line with their equivalents before the balancing project begins, then they will all have the same value to their class afterwards. Otherwise remove the useless imps from the pool please.

extract
18-07-13, 22:45
I agree this needs to be reworked, why was this ever changed in the first place? Was it some balancing issue on PEs? I mean hands down its the most pointless chip in the rare pool.

And if by some crazy chance they do listen and put it back to being useful, hopefully the give it the pointless malus that the sf and swat have..lol negative melee combat for a spy, how about the marine give negative remote control?

Khorwin
19-07-13, 14:03
This would instantly make it useful again not only for tanks but for hc pes which are sorely lacking these days as so many of the hc implants they use to use have for some reason been smashed with thors nerf maul of death.

The tool of the marines is 81, a PE cap strenght at 60. I don't know in witch world you live but PE could not use this implant unless the tool goes under 65 I guess...
More over dev have to be carefull with tank strenght implants because with the huge amount of point a tank can put into his fighting skill.

P.S. that's remind me a older treat :)

extract
31-07-13, 02:20
The tool of the marines is 81, a PE cap strenght at 60. I don't know in witch world you live but PE could not use this implant unless the tool goes under 65 I guess...
More over dev have to be carefull with tank strenght implants because with the huge amount of point a tank can put into his fighting skill.

P.S. that's remind me a older treat :)

I disagree with you, but regardless there is no legitimate reason why the marine isn't on par with the other class non-mc5 rare brain implants.

Khorwin
02-08-13, 13:57
I disagree with you, but regardless there is no legitimate reason why the marine isn't on par with the other class non-mc5 rare brain implants.

There's a good reason, and taking lack of implant for PE is only an excuse.

Let's make some template then.

A tank get 100 STR=>500 skills points to attribute. let's get mad and put 100 in percing resist (175 sk point used)
That allow tank to up HC skill to 130.
Let's change marine and balistic so they give same fighting stat like DIP and SF CPU. template could be marine, balistic, soldier 2 and 3 and harden backbone

130+15+21+13+20+10= 209 in HC.....

Try to make the same template with any other class you will never reach such an amount in primary fighting skill.
The real probleme come with the lack of interest of the strenght skills (only 2 interesting skill).

P.S. I forget the wok HC PA 209+ 24= 233...

Divide.
02-08-13, 18:33
Khor makes a good point that I have been sore about since playing a rifle spy back in b4/nc1. It is next to/impossible for any other class to enjoy the same skill focus as a tank. The tank I'm levelling has something like 77 base str, yet with my imps and pa I have like 235 HC. I couldn't reach that level of RC as a rifle spy without a PPU buff and OP bonus.

Not going to lie- that is a horrible chip and definitely needs to be re-worked, but to use other implants for classes that have to split skill points between p/r-c, tc, agi as examples is a poor comparison.

I think it would be more valuable to shift the focus of the chip to hp/ath/resists

Divide.
02-08-13, 18:40
Also, to your point about HC PE's, I would argue that they indeed need something like this.
The changes (which sound a lot like the original Marine's CPU) are much more valuable to HC PE's than to tanks. Ultimately, I would argue that a resist/con-based change would buff tanks more while the hc/str-based change would buff pe's more. With the way sheer number of str points tanks can just brainlessly put into HC or MC, they probably cap or nearly cap anything out there. An additional 15 would seal the deal, but really wouldn't change much for them in the end.

Divide.
02-08-13, 18:42
Lastly... What's up System? Long time, no see. You are/were system from NC1, right?

DIABLO666
07-09-13, 00:18
Spys are more than capable of getting those levels as well and they have the benefit of extra speed, tanks can either be just slower than spies and use low tech weapons or a LOT slower and use high tech weapons, and spys have 100 int for wep lore as well which boosts weapon stats.

So it balances it EXCEPT we have imps that are worthless and do nothing.... so... ye

Divide
26-09-13, 21:03
If a spy wants to have a con setup worth a shit, they are significantly slower than even a PA-wearing tank. Spies do have 100 int. They don't spend it all on weapon lore. There are things called trades that you may have heard of, like imp which is required for nanites (which also increase the req for TC by stupid amounts, reducing the amount one can put into rc/pc/agi). Additionally, there is no true equivalent of the Soldier chip for PC or RC users. The PC/RC chips provide 0 +dex, making them difficult to work into many setups.

All this said, I would indeed like to reiterate my belief that the chip needs a re-work. There is quite literally no reason anyone would use this implant it its current state.

Torg
26-09-13, 21:25
ok. so nobody uses the marine? lets turn it into a PE-booster. like: req 60 STR, bonus 9,99 dex. what do you think?

Agent L
26-09-13, 22:26
The real probleme come with the lack of interest of the strenght skills (only 2 interesting skill).
3 interesting skills, since FOR and PCR are now separate resist.
I believe H-C, FOR, PCR mirrors R-C, T-C, AGL well enough to restore Marine to same relationship as SF - distance / SWAT - CCP

Agent L
26-09-13, 22:28
ok. so nobody uses the marine? lets turn it into a PE-booster. like: req 60 STR, bonus 9,99 dex. what do you think?I think +10 DEX will make PE a super-SPY

Divide
26-09-13, 22:35
eh I'm ok with that moreso than the current iteration of the marine. Honestly though, and I know I'm about to be harpooned here, I don't think PE's should ever get that much +dex on any one item/don't think they deserve the buffs they feel entitled to. PE's never lead the charge on damage, and always had to stretch/drug for high tl items-- what they had was high solo survivability... that should be restored (aka duranit needs to come back in to the game).

If you want more dex, realize you have to give up something to get it-- and by that, I mean roll a spy.

Divide
26-09-13, 22:37
3 interesting skills, since FOR and PCR are now separate resist.
I believe H-C, FOR, PCR mirrors R-C, T-C, AGL well enough to restore Marine to same relationship as SF - distance / SWAT - CCP

I'm still getting used to the new resist calculations, but I'd argue that making Marine str/for/pcr would only be a very slight improvement. Probably not enough to make it a desirable chip.

Agent L
27-09-13, 09:14
I'm still getting used to the new resist calculations, but I'd argue that making Marine str/for/pcr would only be a very slight improvement. Probably not enough to make it a desirable chip.Typically, I can't say things straight. I meant the combat skill, because Tanks have enough STR sinkpoints imho. But that would require making 2 chips, for hc and melee.

Now I think just making the +STR "normal" (that is 3.88) would make it more attractive. TRA:+15.21 FOR:+9.51 PCR:+9.51 can stay as it is, because H-C Tanks always have problems with TRA because cannons weight 10kg more than other guns.

And I think currently most players severely underestimate importance of FOR, which is like the most important resist for pvm.

Cursed Shadow
27-09-13, 14:00
Typically, I can't say things straight. I meant the combat skill, because Tanks have enough STR sinkpoints imho. But that would require making 2 chips, for hc and melee.

Now I think just making the +STR "normal" (that is 3.88) would make it more attractive. TRA:+15.21 FOR:+9.51 PCR:+9.51 can stay as it is, because H-C Tanks always have problems with TRA because cannons weight 10kg more than other guns.

And I think currently most players severely underestimate importance of FOR, which is like the most important resist for pvm.

I do think this provides enough STR to be of benefit to Private Eyes too.
I do not think that all elements of the Marine CPU should be STR related.

My recommendation:

Marine CPU
81 STR Requirement

STR: +4.63
TRA: +15.21
PCR: +9.51
WEP: +9.41

INT: -1.00
HCK: -5.02

ALL STR classes require Weapon Lore. No STR chips give Weapon Lore. People would probably use this.

Agent L
27-09-13, 14:20
ALL STR classes require Weapon Lore. No STR chips give Weapon Lore. People would probably use this.That's a valid point. Certainly worth dropping one of the resists.

Cursed Shadow
27-09-13, 16:51
I do think this provides enough STR to be of benefit to Private Eyes too.

Should have been: I do not think this provides enough STR to be of benefit to Private Eyes

DIABLO666
19-01-14, 14:57
Indeed a bonus to wep lore would be nice to have in a str chip (perhaps to nice), all these spys trying to whine that tanks can put all their points into hc while they need to split them in dex seem to have completely forgotten that wep lore affects damage and aiming so if anything spys have more points to put into things to improve their guns damage than tanks do.

And even ignoring that the point remains the marine is a worthless chip not even a new player would use, hell even if it was str 20 and shop bought I wouldn't use it right now even for leveling

William Antrim
19-01-14, 17:36
100 int and 100 dex vs 25 int and 75 dex is hardly a comparison.

Some versatile useful across the board type of skills would be good. You could pick from any one of a number of secondary combat skills (Tech combat, wep lore, etc etc) to make the chip worthwhile to whole lot of different classes.

Make it give +melee +heavy and +tech combat even and drop weapon lore or vice versa. Anything but the current bs.