PDA

View Full Version : Discussion for ballistic mc5 improvements

DIABLO666
27-05-13, 14:11
Basically this is a thread to discuss how to best make the ballistic chip useful again, right now it gives these stats

STR:+5.23 H‑C:+10.46 TRA:+10.46 HLT:+10.46 END:+10.46
DEX:-1.73 AGL:-5.18

When you compare this to the dex equivalents

DEX:+5.23 WEP:+10.46 P‑C:+20.92 T‑C:+10.46
PSU:-4.32 FCS:-4.32

And DEX:+5.23 WEP:+10.46 R‑C:+20.92 T‑C:+10.46
PSU:-4.32 FCS:-4.32

You can see a big difference, the dex ones give 20 of the main stat and 2 useful secondary stats. The ballistic gives only 10 of the main stat which is less than the store bought level 2 implant the soldier 2 which gives STR:+1.71 H‑C:+13.70
M‑C:-2.82 ATL:-2.82. I know it gives less strength but it seems insane to me that it gives more hc, currently I'm using this soldier 2 in my build instead of the ballistic because its just better as what I want is more hc and honestly I just dont need any more end or tra as the base I get from other imps is plenty, the only semi useful thing is health but then only because I could lom some more out of health in con for extra resist.

So my plan is simple, lets change it so the ballistic gives 20hc 10 wep and 10 tc so its in line with the dex implants. Of course if anybody feels it should be changed in other ways feel free to post this is just a starting idea to easily fix them as it puts them instantly in line with the other mc5 implants and would make them useful.

SynC_187
28-05-13, 17:34
I agree. Imps should all be put in line with their equivalents before the balancing project begins, then they will all have the same value to their class afterwards. Otherwise remove the useless imps from the pool please.

Eternal Pink
28-05-13, 19:56
Personnally I don't think the BAL is that bad.

Previously I had the enhanced physics 3 in which is just +5.12 STR so replacing that with a BAL meant I got slightly more STR and a load of other stats that are helpful to a tank.

H‑C:+10.46 - Main stat - Do see what ya mean with DEX ones giving 10 more so maybe match that stat to make it fair
TRA:+10.46 - Ammo/armor does weigh and more +TRA from imps your going to use anyway for the STR means more skill points in HC
HLT:+10.46 - More CON points available for elsewhere
END:+10.46 - Yeah this one is a bit sucky
DEX:-1.73 - Didn't find this made a difference since I still had plenty of DEX for REC glove
AGL:-5.18 - Slows you down a bit but as a tank other than TC and REC and a little bit of VHC what else we gonna spend dex on? so we all have AGL in spades

DIABLO666
28-05-13, 21:57
Health isn't really a problem though, the only reason I'd need more is to lom it for resist, as for tra I've got no points in it but have plenty to carry a gun ammo stam boosters medi kits and some drugs, why would I want more? end again I have 0 points spent and about 200 which is plenty with stam boosters.

As for the physic 3 you should use a ballistic chip 2 (the dex one) which gives you wep lore and tech combat as it will increase your damage and aim, currently I use a herc, soldier 2 and 3 and the ballistic 2 which gives me about 112 str without pa which is more than enough frankly, the only chip from this I would really want to remove is the soldier 2 which gives only a bit less str but more hc than the ballistic so I'd rather have that in.

Edit: and of course if anything I have issues with speed so less agil is horrible and less tc from taking out the ballistic 2 would be even worse as it would mean lomming even more agil. Right now its run speed not resist that wins fights, most people are so quick your lucky to hit 40% of the time even with the fix to runspeed

William Antrim
28-05-13, 22:18
The mc5 chips should be like the level 3 chips on steroids. Right across the board.

Eternal Pink I presume youre talking about PVE with you saying that the Ballistics CPU is ok? Its turd for Pvp thats all.

In my opinion EACH of the Gun related MC5s should be the same.

Plus 20 in main stat (PC/RC/MC/HC)

Plus 10 or 5 in secondary stat or a tertiary stat.

(TC/WPL) etc.

All should be the same for their respective classes. The Herc should be the same again for Melee. The DS is separate because you have two different classes using the same thing so it has to be split but that is for another thread.

As for that stuff about run speed. No. Resists and a good set up and good aim are more important than runspeed. If the guy you are fighting can aim all the speed in the world wont help you.

This is a good thing.

As for the 112 strength without PA - what do you wanna do with that? Use a creed?

Dropout
29-05-13, 00:00
Edit: and of course if anything I have issues with speed so less agil is horrible and less tc from taking out the ballistic 2 would be even worse as it would mean lomming even more agil. Right now its run speed not resist that wins fights, most people are so quick your lucky to hit 40% of the time even with the fix to runspeed

The hell are you talking about? Everyone are crazy slow now - after the speed-nerf..
And if you're Lucky to hit with only 40% of your shots, you need to go practice some more..

Im sorry to sound like an ass, but saying that people are fast after the speed-nerf is just.....

J@ck on Cr@ck
29-05-13, 00:57
Im sorry to sound like an ass, but saying that people are fast after the speed-nerf is just.....

Insane? :P

Well if you only hit 40% of the time I recommend practicing with some friends.

DIABLO666
29-05-13, 03:10
They are still very fast compared to old days or normal speeds

And mr william I was saying that I have 112 str to point out that you don't need the +5 from it instead of a lesser +str from the soldier 2 as you get plenty without it as indeed nothing requires that much str

Eternal Pink
29-05-13, 18:18
The mc5 chips should be like the level 3 chips on steroids. Right across the board.

Eternal Pink I presume youre talking about PVE with you saying that the Ballistics CPU is ok? Its turd for Pvp thats all.

In my opinion EACH of the Gun related MC5s should be the same.

Plus 20 in main stat (PC/RC/MC/HC)

Plus 10 or 5 in secondary stat or a tertiary stat.

(TC/WPL) etc.

All should be the same for their respective classes. The Herc should be the same again for Melee. The DS is separate because you have two different classes using the same thing so it has to be split but that is for another thread.

As for that stuff about run speed. No. Resists and a good set up and good aim are more important than runspeed. If the guy you are fighting can aim all the speed in the world wont help you.

This is a good thing.

As for the 112 strength without PA - what do you wanna do with that? Use a creed?

Aye only used it for PvE so far, final (PvP) setup I was thinking BAL+Soldier 3+PPR+NCPD when I eventually get all my stuff together.

Should we not for the sake of discussion assume that stuff like the Creed will be worth using in the future.

William Antrim
29-05-13, 23:56
Sorry to go OT but get a herc. That is much more useful than the current Ballistics CPU. It is what the moven/ballistics should both look like.

Dropout
30-05-13, 00:11
Sorry to go OT but get a herc. That is much more useful than the current Ballistics CPU.
Hmm I do not agree with that statement.
Before the speednerf, Herc was MILES better than Ballistics, but now... Kinda useless IMO.

That being said, I am now going for high-damage-setups instead of speed-setups, which makes Herc completely useless ;)