PDA

View Full Version : Remove Clan sympathy as a requirement for personal missions/fsm

Doc Holliday
20-05-13, 14:38
Simple. This is related to a bug reported in the bug forum (potential bug at least) but I find it really frustrating when i want to do high end missions on a char and its asking for clan symp to be what ever.

This same thing applies to fsm access also. We cant be realistically expected to make sure all members have 100 symp all the time or close to. it ruins the fsm access for people when taking the clan average and instead, in my eyes, be related to the individual runner. I realise the rp sense is that clan symp counts but in a realistic sense we cannot maintain 100 symp all the time regardless. something will always happen to lower this and not just because some idiot went on a drunken killing spree. New members is one example. recently swapped faction or what ever. perhaps not completed the epic.

or as mentioned in the bug forum a bug.

thoughts?

Drachenpaladin
20-05-13, 14:55
I know quite a couple of clans that enforce a close-to-100 FacSymp policy, so why can't we realistically make sure?

William Antrim
20-05-13, 16:38
I say remove it and measure it on the individual. It serves no purpose.

Drachenpaladin
20-05-13, 16:52
But wouldn't that diminish the WE-feel among clan mates further, what about all pulling together? With the clan symp regulating the FSM access the actions of one individual are more important since everyone is affected.

William Antrim
20-05-13, 19:39
But wouldn't that diminish the WE-feel among clan mates further, what about all pulling together? With the clan symp regulating the FSM access the actions of one individual are more important since everyone is affected.

I am not gonna lie but I measure my clan mates bond by who comes running first when there is a fight on or who is getting the plasma to the face next to me, not who did the most missions that day.

I think Clan Sympathy should be useful for something but not for individual faction FSM access. I would like to see Clans mean something but that something be aesthetic - like guild tabards in wow for example - but I think that having the system the way it is is not good for the clan.

What if one guy goes inactive during a particularly stressful period in his REAL life. If you are truly a loyal clan mate then you stick by him in the tough times.

Ok now you realise he has only got 50 sympathy with your faction, dragging the whole sympathy down.

Right - so moral dilemma time. Do you kick him because he hasnt killed enough rats and aggressors today? or do you give him time to sort his life out and rejoin the rest of you in Pepper Park kicking ass and taking names?

I know which I would rather do.

Drachenpaladin
20-05-13, 22:11
Right - so moral dilemma time. Do you kick him because he hasn't killed enough rats and aggressors today? or do you give him time to sort his life out and rejoin the rest of you in Pepper Park kicking ass and taking names?

You know you can always invite him back in the clan once he returns to the game. A quick holler and hes back together with his doods, whats the dilemma there? If hes such a close friend he will understand that.

Also, unless you are a 5 man clan a single guy with 50 symp won't drag you below the FSM threshold.

Chuck Norris
20-05-13, 22:42
Griefers crying sure sounds like it; I hope this doesnt get changed... cause its so hard to run 10 or 20 missions to raise your borked faction...

give me a break

Doc Holliday
21-05-13, 02:24
Post something constructive or don't bother. Community talk is further up. You are better off there with this kind of crap.

The urge to explain to you in not so polite terms to get out of this thread is only outweighed by the urge to retain posting rights within the brainport. If i got banned from i fear idiots like you would have more influence.

William Antrim
21-05-13, 08:02
Griefers crying sure sounds like it; I hope this doesnt get changed... cause its so hard to run 10 or 20 missions to raise your borked faction...

give me a break what a monolithic point of view.

That one still kills me. :)

Grogor
23-05-13, 15:10
Iirc clan symp is only used for missions. The FSM checks the character symp. At least I can buy with my clan chars at the FSM with a clan symp below 90.

Brammers
23-05-13, 15:25
Iirc clan symp is only used for missions. The FSM checks the character symp. At least I can buy with my clan chars at the FSM with a clan symp below 90.

Yeap, I'm sure this is the case as well. I think I've got a spare FA noob, so I'll check later.

Dropout
23-05-13, 15:38

This is true. Clan symp does not effect your FSM abilities.

Doc Holliday
23-05-13, 17:14
i learned somethin. assumed it was dependant on clan symp. cheers guys.

Dropout
23-05-13, 17:50
i learned somethin. assumed it was dependant on clan symp. cheers guys.

Noob! ;)

Brammers
23-05-13, 18:48
Putting aside the FSM, I ask why should the mission system not take into account the clan sympathy?

If your clan has low FS it usually means your clan has no interest in being loyal to the faction.

When you join a clan you are in effect, a representative of the clan. So why should the faction give the good jobs when you are either part of the scum groups of the faction, or your clan have no interest in advancing the fortunes or power of the faction? Granted PvP and opwars isn't really taking into account here. Maybe perhaps op-war teams should get a few FS points when they take an op.

However this brings up another question, whatever happened to the Clan Missions?

William Antrim
23-05-13, 21:44
Players within clans should be able to do missions to bring clan symp up though. If you have a big clan it would take months to raise your clan symp with one guy doing missions. It would also cripple anyone with poor sympathy as they would be stuck like that. If that is all clan sympathy does I would rather see it removed.

Arista Barret
23-05-13, 23:23
Hmm. I ally gank and so do the clans i affiliate with. we do not deserve to get money from high symp missions when my symp sucks. i don't mind working for my cash of symp and feel that low level bullshit missions is what we deserve for killing allies. if you join a clan you should be judged by your company. having acceptable ways of handing symp...idk. just my two cents.