PDA

View Full Version : [R#183] Forgive SL Hit

Deus Ex Machina
18-05-13, 09:49
Just had a thought, didn't think much about it, but what if the game would allow to "forgive" killers afterwards if they would get a SL hit?
After death you get a screen with all the people that would get a Soullight Hit because they were involved with your killing. You can then decide to forgive one, a few or all of them just as you wish. You can also ignore it, close the window or Genrep out, in which case the Hits would occur normally.

nabbl
18-05-13, 10:48
lol .. that would be awesome somehow :)

SilentEye
18-05-13, 12:47
Signed!

J@ck on Cr@ck
18-05-13, 15:25
Sounds good, but it would be nice to see if they are friendly or hostile to you to figure out if the killing might have been an accident or on purpose. Or maybe show who did how much damage to you.

William Antrim
18-05-13, 19:52
Lol if they were neutral perhaps I think you mean as if they were hostile they shouldn't get an sl hit. Unless in a levelling zone of course. :)

Seems like a good idea to me but I'd rather you get the option to punish or not. Not be able to pick people to punish that wouldn't be good. Either all or nothing in my mind.

Juppe
19-05-13, 07:21
Good idea.. Im with william on this one. Just simple yay or nay

Doc Holliday
19-05-13, 07:59
I'm not keen. Seems too much like bf2.

Too open to abuse too. Deliberate deaths to punish intentionally spells grief play and some of the morons in this game will do that deliberately

Deus Ex Machina
19-05-13, 08:23
I'm not keen. Seems too much like bf2.

Too open to abuse too. Deliberate deaths to punish intentionally spells grief play and some of the morons in this game will do that deliberatelyBut thats possible now too, the system wouldn't change that, or am I overlooking something?

Doc Holliday
19-05-13, 10:46
But thats possible now too, the system wouldn't change that, or am I overlooking something?

no you are right. I didnt type properly. Its almost like your putting the emphasis on the player to choose to punish. Like incentivising it. It may make it more apparent than it is. right now you go in and die in a fight and you either wait for a rez or gr and poke your imps when fucking with that other persons sl (assuming it was intentional).

with the above system implemented it would be (to me at least) be your coup de grace in pushing that button and choosing to punish them and could be in a psychological sense be the thing that gives the most satisfaction. you physically press a button and inflict the penalty as opposed to under current rules oh maybe they got penalised maybe they zoned etc. I just feel it would encourage this type of play even further as it required someone to do something to strike revenge in a way.

i apologise if im not making this very clear as im pretty tired and just got home from work. i hope you get what i mean.

William Antrim
19-05-13, 11:28
But if they die accidentally then they have the chance to forgive. I realise we are not all saints but surely some people might have the capacity to forgive in levelling teams and what not.

nabbl
19-05-13, 11:32
But thats possible now too, the system wouldn't change that, or am I overlooking something?

No you're right...

Doc Holliday was already asleep maybe ;)

William Antrim
19-05-13, 11:55
No he made perfect sense. Right now it happens automatically regardless but with the proposed changes you could actually inflict the penalty on people which may indeed make it more tempting to grief. I get his meaning.

Ivan Eres
19-05-13, 13:20
But if they die accidentally then they have the chance to forgive. I realise we are not all saints but surely some people might have the capacity to forgive in levelling teams and what not.

Levelling teams should be teamed anyway, so this feature would not be needed. Bigger Teams would be nice tho.

Deus Ex Machina
19-05-13, 14:40
I apologise if im not making this very clear as im pretty tired and just got home from work. i hope you get what i mean.The second post was clear, thanks. And you might be right that it gives incentive to that type of behaviour, the psychological effects should not be overlooked, thats right. Another reason I would be more for a forgiving type of rule than an active punishing button. But that also could bring the idea of griefing to some people.