PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a fight?

Arista Barret
17-05-13, 11:32
I went looking for a fight after missing one with Brawl. I ran past four guys with no le. none were worth the soul light loss. What a shame that consenting pvp no le chars still hide from fights with soul light and roleplay.

SilentEye
17-05-13, 11:33
Hello Arista,

There is currently an open thread where this can be discussed, I'd suggest you go there to talk.

Soul light is eliminating PvP and hurting population (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?150713-Soul-light-is-eliminating-PvP-and-hurting-population)

Arista Barret
17-05-13, 11:36
Hello. Moderators said the Brainport was for suggesting ideas to the devs. This is just a topic I wanted to discuss separately and hopefully draw more attention to the Brainport thread soul light discussion.

SilentEye
17-05-13, 11:41
I fail to find the hint in your original post where you open the conversation to discussion. To be honest all I see is the expression of disappointment.

I think the brainport thread is exactly where you need to be. It's OK to be disappointed or complain even. But I'd like to suggest that you come up with a solution to your found problem and use the thread I previously suggested to suggest it :)

eNTi
17-05-13, 12:46
working as intended.

SynC_187
17-05-13, 13:16
What a shame that consenting pvp no le chars still hide from fights with soul light and roleplay.

This is a roleplaying game. If you ONLY want to fight and don't care about the storyline, this isn't the game for you. "Hiding" behind roleplaying means playing the game as it was intended. Punishments exist for green on green for a reason, and in zones that are policed, even killing an enemy is enforced, which fits the story.

There might not be as many people around, but there are still places you can go to do it without a SL hit.

I'm not debating whether there should be easier ways to gain SL back etc. Just pointing out the obvious.

William Antrim
17-05-13, 14:22
I went looking for a fight after missing one with Brawl. I ran past four guys with no le. none were worth the soul light loss. What a shame that consenting pvp no le chars still hide from fights with soul light and roleplay.

For what reason would you want to fight them? Because you could? Or some other justification? Please enlighten us.

Brammers
17-05-13, 15:26

Last time I PvP'ed no-one asked for my consent. Maybe you should try shooting them next time if you want to PvP.

As for SL, there are clans and players out there who don't worry about their SL.

Doc Holliday
17-05-13, 15:59
according to brawl he got bored of you and left. you zoned too many times....

J@ck on Cr@ck
17-05-13, 18:59
... zoned too many times....

Guys you have to be more understanding, he needs his PPU buffs ...

William Antrim
17-05-13, 19:10
I will have to have my people call his people and schedule something. I think I have a window sometime in early June.

unc0nnected
17-05-13, 23:20
Guys you have to be more understanding, he needs his PPU buffs ...

I do fantasize at what the heck so many of these 'pvpers' would do if one day they just woke up and all of zones lines were gone adn teh world was one solid zone

Arista Barret
18-05-13, 01:26
according to brawl he got bored of you and left. you zoned too many times....

I was glad to see someone. although by the time i got rid of the doom beamer he was gone. :(

Arista Barret
18-05-13, 05:17
For what reason would you want to fight them? Because you could? Or some other justification? Please enlighten us.

The long term benefits of a simple street fight are worth much more than the initial losses. Making a New enemy adds just as much to the game experience as making a New friend. both are options when a fight has occurred. under the current system, no fight ensued and no player interaction occurred. This is the great fallacy of carebears. great games are built to advance enemies as much as friends. People should appreciate a player who can play well and handle to harsh consequences of criminal actions. sadly the current SL System does not reflect pvp into the RP.

Doc Holliday
18-05-13, 06:47
lol. pinky. as i said before (diffrent thread perhaps) just cool your jets and lets see what happens next with the patching.

Strife
18-05-13, 16:23
You people seem to think all they ever do is zoneline pvp. People go there to pvp when op fights can't or won't happen. People go there for zoneline pvp because neofrag is shit. People go there because the community isn't mature enough to go fight at Battledome or some other battleground sector and let people rez so they can fight again.

William Antrim
18-05-13, 19:42
Put some events on then.

DIABLO666
20-05-13, 03:09
You people seem to think all they ever do is zoneline pvp. People go there to pvp when op fights can't or won't happen. People go there for zoneline pvp because neofrag is shit. People go there because the community isn't mature enough to go fight at Battledome or some other battleground sector and let people rez so they can fight again.

Exactly, I remember the old days of pp1 actually, there was ppus.. but they were there to rez people and heal them when they died no matter the side so it kept going. These days you get people charging in with 10 people and 3 ppus to kill 1 guy then scream on OOC how awesome they are (then you fight them 2v1 without ppu and kick their ass =p ). I don't know when it happened but a lot of bad elements started playing or else just invaded the fun fights scene. Hopefully when the population picks up again these borderline cheaters will go somewhere else.

And yes I feel its fair calling people who fight 10v1 borderline cheaters as cheating is about winning no matter what, and lets face it if you are fighting 10v1 you are fighting to win no matter what, the fight isn't what they enjoy its killing people, the same as people who use hacks.

Dropout
20-05-13, 03:36
Exactly, I remember the old days of pp1 actually, there was ppus.. but they were there to rez people and heal them when they died no matter the side so it kept going. These days you get people charging in with 10 people and 3 ppus to kill 1 guy then scream on OOC how awesome they are (then you fight them 2v1 without ppu and kick their ass =p ). I don't know when it happened but a lot of bad elements started playing or else just invaded the fun fights scene. Hopefully when the population picks up again these borderline cheaters will go somewhere else.

And yes I feel its fair calling people who fight 10v1 borderline cheaters as cheating is about winning no matter what, and lets face it if you are fighting 10v1 you are fighting to win no matter what, the fight isn't what they enjoy its killing people, the same as people who use hacks.

I rarely go to pp1 anymore because of this..
Either there is an entire opteam of red's there VS. just one person, or it is the other way around..
And neither are fun, at all.
On the rare occasion that there only are 2-3 enemies you can be sure that they are fully buffed and have a Holy Heal running..

J@ck on Cr@ck
20-05-13, 05:04
I rarely go to pp1 anymore because of this..
Either there is an entire opteam of red's there VS. just one person, or it is the other way around..
And neither are fun, at all.
On the rare occasion that there only are 2-3 enemies you can be sure that they are fully buffed and have a Holy Heal running..

Exactly this!
Its no fun to fight a buch of ppu buffed guys who will tear you apart in no time and as if thats not enough you get DB.
And the dual logged ppu safezone whoring is fucking lame.

Arista Barret
20-05-13, 06:00
I don't have an issue attacking four ppu bufffed fools. Ask their ppu for buffs or bring your own. if not, then enjoy mocking up the least skilled of the bunch. Take up a challenge. fuck whining. fear of a loss is a good reason to not fight. loss of soul light shouldn't be the only factor.

Arista Barret
20-05-13, 06:01
If i recall Walker at his best...he could take down three fools and then kill the ppu.

Strife
20-05-13, 08:44
Walker is old and washed up now. He used to run with the cool dudes but now he just sits in his apt eating milky rens like a fatty.

Dropout
20-05-13, 10:32
If i recall Walker at his best...he could take down three fools and then kill the ppu.
The Dev tanks that you have in STD is a BITCH to kill without having PPU buffs yourself - They can kill most of my characters in 3 Dev hits lol..

Walker is old and washed up now. He used to run with the cool dudes but now he just sits in his apt eating milky rens like a fatty.

Cute lol..

I dont have the time for NC as I used to have. So my aim is naturally not quite as good at it used to be.
Hell I used to be able to take out entire opteams.. Kinda miss those days :p

But Im okay with not being as good as back then.. I enjoy RL more than NC these days ;)
EDIT: Yeah I am getting old..

Doc Holliday
20-05-13, 10:54
Hell I used to be able to take out entire opteams.. Kinda miss those days :p

By your own admission that was clan doy. Watching them fight was like watching old people fuck. (Quote hivemind a loooooong time ago about a different clan.) ;)

Dropout
20-05-13, 12:24
By your own admission that was clan doy. Watching them fight was like watching old people fuck. (Quote hivemind a loooooong time ago about a different clan.) ;)

Haha well that's not the only Clan I have killed ;)
Although that was definititely the biggest number of people I've fought at the same time :p

unc0nnected
20-05-13, 20:29

For me the exciting part of neocron is that a.) a fight can break out anywhere and b.) there are actual consequences to dying or killing someone. That's what I notice as being the key difference between how excited I get, how fast my heart races, while I am fighting in an old school game with like Neocron versus something like Planetside 2 or any other FPS. I mean on almost every level Neocron is an inferior shooter because of the technical limitations it is forced to work within but it is still infinitely more exciting to play and get into scraps with because of that one reason. If I only wanted to pvp when I knew there wuold be a rez coming and little to no consequences of me loosing or winning I would never have come back to play this game when so many other FPS's are out there that offer a better combat experience in terms of the physics, mechanics, visuals and visceral immersion that just comes with newer engines and more refined game design. But that's just me, I can certainly appreciate that there are people that aren't in the same boat, it just doesn't seem like pvp at all when you have a zoneline right there to hide behind when you get into trouble.

Apocalypsox
20-05-13, 22:18
I don't understand peoples obsession with killing people. I've only ever went after people in this game that attacked me first. Otherwise if I see you in the wasteland, expect a heal and a shield if I can give them. I'm so happy I can run around now without so much concern about everyone going to kill me. I used to run around with a stealth tool and would stealth and GTFO any time someone got near me.

Drachenpaladin
20-05-13, 22:28
I don't understand peoples obsession with killing people. I've only ever went after people in this game that attacked me first. Otherwise if I see you in the wasteland, expect a heal and a shield if I can give them. I'm so happy I can run around now without so much concern about everyone going to kill me. I used to run around with a stealth tool and would stealth and GTFO any time someone got near me.

Well... buffing hostiles is surely odd but hey, whatever floats your boat. Wasteland saints are a welcome diversion from the norm.

Nanook
20-05-13, 22:32
He didn't mention hostiles so I have to assume that he means attacking allies and neutrals without any reason other than that they don't have LE.

DIABLO666
21-05-13, 01:28
I'd hope so, I'm a pretty easy going guy, generally wont ever attack an ally or neutral unless they hit me first (Even if they are in STD or some of the other ally ganking clans with members who hate fun) but if I see a enemy I will generally attack them. Though 1 issue I've noticed is I get exceptions I make as I get to know people better... which ends up being a lot of the enemy =p. Thats part of the problem sort of though its also a strength, you get to know everybody so I don't feel right just attacking people that I have friendly fights with, I always feel I should warn them first so they can prepare as well.

unc0nnected
21-05-13, 23:40
More fun I find than killing people, and what I do if hte person is 5 or more levels below, is just to come out of no where, attack the shit out of them and get them down to 50-100 HP and then just ghost away. I just love the thought of someone's heart rate jumping to 200BPM as they suddenly get pummeled, freaking otu and then the immense relief that comes when the attacker dissapears as quickly as he/she came.

It's no the killing that gets me excited, it's the emotional experience that I'm creating on the other side that gets me really excited

Drachenpaladin
22-05-13, 00:04
More fun I find than killing people, and what I do if hte person is 5 or more levels below, is just to come out of no where, attack the shit out of them and get them down to 50-100 HP and then just ghost away. I just love the thought of someone's heart rate jumping to 200BPM as they suddenly get pummeled, freaking otu and then the immense relief that comes when the attacker dissapears as quickly as he/she came.

It's no the killing that gets me excited, it's the emotional experience that I'm creating on the other side that gets me really excited

Good to know, now every will just be like: Oh, that? Naah thats just unc0nnected, ignore him... :angel:

Arista Barret
22-05-13, 00:36

Nice. someone else that understands concepts beyond self.

zii
23-05-13, 21:42
Last time I PvP'ed no-one asked for my consent. Maybe you should try shooting them next time if you want to PvP.
As for SL, there are clans and players out there who don't worry about their SL.
Yup and Yup - Real men don't need GenReps.

It's not the killing that gets me excited, it's the emotional experience that I'm creating on the other side that gets me really excited
Wicked :)