PDA

View Full Version : Ravager still not regestering properly

DIABLO666
14-05-13, 18:01
As the title says I hit people 3 or 4 burst in a row and I get 80 damage popping off them, obviously very few of the hits are actually regestering still. It seems to be an issue with run speed, very slow people tend to get hit properly but when they run to quickly its like the game thinks they have dodged the beam so it doesn't register it.

Please can we fix this or at least trade my rav for a CS so I can fight without having to break out the tpc =(

Trivaldi
14-05-13, 18:31
Do you feel its any better than previous, or is it still of a similar hit/register ratio?

Powerpunsh
14-05-13, 22:13
as far as ive tested it its better. If i get this issue with beam weapons it happens just one or another target. I leave the target for this moment and after some minutes (in this time i zone target zones etc.) it recieves damage.
Ive discovered 3 stages of registration damage

1. The target recieves full dmg
2. The target receives exact one of 3 hits every 3-4 salve.
3. No damage at all

May i ask if its possible to make beam weapon theoretically like burst weapons? The beam appears normal as animation in which case a cursed soul shows plasmaballs, then there is a theoretical projectile which flies like the double speed of other projectiles (to make it look like) and then it hits. So the damage just appears some milliseconds after the beam and not instant like it is now. At all it would be abit delayed which is also a logical thing cause even a 4000C° beam takes time to burn. :)

DIABLO666
14-05-13, 22:37
Do you feel its any better than previous, or is it still of a similar hit/register ratio?

Sadly I'm not to sure if its better as I only got my ravager the other day, all I can is that sometimes it hits properly and does good damage, sometimes it will hardly hit anything so even with several burst hitting it does almost nothing. As I said I think its mostly to do with fast targets, when fighting people who are slow the damage always seem to be good, against faster targets it tends to not register as much.

I realise some people will try to say *your just missing a lot* but this is not the case as I've had times where I get 3 burst off on a target in a row but it still only seems to show 1 burst, if that, actually hitting.

RogerRamjet
14-05-13, 22:59
It's better than it was, but still not registering every hit. Creed and NCPD Wave is the same. If people hit me on my screen the hit initially registers then bounces back, as if the hit is acknowledged but damage not applied.

DIABLO666
20-05-13, 00:54
I figured out a way to fix it! if you just cap the aim on it it seems to register the hits properly. I've not tried it on a really fast target but on the few people I've fought it actually registers. I can tell cos its doing about 3x more damage than it was before. Oh happy day! it still needs fixing properly but this shows its something to do with the aim and that it is possible to use the rav

I take all this back =( tried it on a fast spy and it was back to 70% not registering again. So higher aim helps, but really fast people it still thinks it doesn't hit

DIABLO666
20-05-13, 02:51
To sum it up it seems to improve if you cap out the aim, but its still not perfect, if people are fast enough it will still think its not hit for about 80% of the shots. I hope this helps fix it, use to love rav but its such a random gun now I can't rely on it =(

Strife
20-05-13, 08:48
Do you feel its any better than previous, or is it still of a similar hit/register ratio?Im my experience it does register a little better than prior to the patch that addressed the issue. It's still bad enough where myself, and others tell people not to bother using beam weapons for op fighting.

DIABLO666
21-05-13, 01:21
Had a hilarious fight with a rav tank today, we both fought for a while then he switched to a tl92 flamer as non of our hits were registering on each other. Then we rematched an my rav randomly worked but his still didn't.

Right now the rav is a lottery gun, sometimes it works and will do great damage, sometimes not a single burst will register. Overall NOT a gun anybody should ever use in pvp unless you enjoy dice rolling games, cos right now the pot luck of if it works makes it sort of like a DnD gun =p

gstyle40
22-05-13, 08:30
yea it sux, and count the healing light in the discussion. fought a melee tank on my hL pe and not 1 shot actually stuck. i saw 80 pop off of him several times but he never had to worry lol. fight lasted quite a while til i said screw it and went to grab another gun. then i grabbed another, and another, and another til i decided "back to woc leveling :/ " rifle pe is a joke, but thats for another thread. we need a fix for beam weapons guys