PDA

View Full Version : Took out LE too soon, already regretting it...

eNTi
11-05-13, 18:14
as expected, going to bunker without le is a bad idea. there's already enough pk'ers that you get killed every half an hour or so. they just run in, kill everything on sight and run out. i think you should have just taken away the possibility to farm rares with le in. that would target end game. as it stands now, trying to level is pretty much pointless at busy times. some idiot obviously always wants to pick up a fight and starting it off by targeting random noobs. most of the time someone will come to help, but what's the point? the pker gets exactly what he wanted. tears from noobs (me) and a good fight from the helpers. they might die, but they don't care, because they do that all the time and they're maxed anyway. bunker is now officially back at nc1... know i remember why kk took away le's penalties.

i just wanted to point that out. i'll probably just make a new char and leave le in.

eNTi
11-05-13, 18:25
yep. just got killed again. not even 10 minutes.

Dropout
11-05-13, 18:41
No point in taking it out so soon. Take it out, when you leave MB. That is what I did, and have only met one person trying to PK me (droner - he died). Im leveling in the Wastes, farming techs at the same time though.

Hammer
11-05-13, 18:57
No point in taking it out so soon. Take it out, when you leave MB. That is what I did, and have only met one person trying to PK me (droner - he died). Im leveling in the Wastes, farming techs at the same time though.

pscht!!!!!!!!!, let him cry and whine a little bit more before ou tell him how to play this game ;)

Netphreak
11-05-13, 19:03
Zone chat and Help channel are your friends. Shout out that someone's pk'n noobs at the bunker and their name and you will get people coming to help.
People used to thrive on hunting down people who were constantly killing noobs.

RogerRamjet
11-05-13, 19:11
Would be a good time for FUSION to come back and hang around MB again.

nabbl
11-05-13, 19:25
You got an "Alliance"-Channel... use it!

Hammer
11-05-13, 19:25
Would be a good time for FUSION to come back and hang around MB again.

look at thread starter text: let make LE stronger, and configure it that no one can take it out! So we have a little shine, tuffy, peacefull and full with love world! The People dont like the PVP and RP Aspekt in a mmo, so plz make The LE Stronger and disable PVP!

Hello Kitty > Cyberpunk!

ancient
11-05-13, 20:27

Don't make out like it was you who killed the droner noob :P

But yeah wait till you don't have to level at MB as that's a known ganking spot for noob farming.

Fremen
11-05-13, 20:33
lol enti, why did you removed your LE in the first place ? this is a PvP game you should have expected you'd get PK.
This game is about pvp and factions at war. When you remove it, you agree to be part of it.

But heh, good luck on your new life :) Now see the bright side, you can also kill other players, and you have a 4th brain chip !

Dope
11-05-13, 22:25
Were the "Evol PK'ers" enemy/opposed faction to you? If so, uh, yeah, that's kinda the point of the game...

William Antrim
11-05-13, 23:38
I took the le out on 3 noobs I've been levelling and I pked a few people at level 30. Got ganked a few times myself too. Fuckin awesome. I love it. It's the best thing to happen to nc. I love the thrill of checking out every name on local just in case. :)

eNTi
12-05-13, 00:06
well it would be ok if there was some legitimate fighting going on. but woced chars going after leveling newbs on purpose is just low.

Ascension
12-05-13, 00:34
I took the le out on 3 noobs I've been levelling and I pked a few people at level 30. Got ganked a few times myself too. Fuckin awesome. I love it. It's the best thing to happen to nc. I love the thrill of checking out every name on local just in case. :)

I love the whole local list thing too, I was running through Pepper Park and genuinely shit myself when a non LE popped up on local, I got the same adrenaline rush as NC1.

Doc Holliday
12-05-13, 06:47
I need to go Pk at the bunker more.

Kane Gregory
12-05-13, 09:10
There are really more alternatives then the mb bunker with the same group of mobs around
the sectors of mb (btw. I think there's a cellar with launchers in outzone). And if u will lvl
there you will nearly never see any of the pk players.

Ascension
12-05-13, 10:34
There are really more alternatives then the mb bunker with the same group of mobs around
the sectors of mb (btw. I think there's a cellar with launchers in outzone). And if u will lvl
there you will nearly never see any of the pk players.

Exactly, I think the whole thing encourages you to be more resourceful and to look for other places to level.

Hammer
12-05-13, 10:46
i dont know the problem of thread starter. Thats a mmo based on a fractions system with a lot of pvp. If i took le out as a 0/2 char, than i accept that woc ppl from hostile Fraktions will come and kill me!

If i dont want this, i accept the Malus from LE with **/30+ and dont remove it.

if you (thread starter) dont want be killed while lvleling at bunker, dont whine about YOUR mistake because you turn LE out!. Make a new char and dont touch the LE again!

Arista Barret
12-05-13, 12:04
I will be watching the bunker from a glider and ready with a Silent Hunter. Hopefully we can eliminate SL penalties from Regants and straighten up that area also. What a boring time being forced to lvl there because it is too easy. Imagine actually appreciating a good spawn enough to fight for it. Keep your LE in if you do not want PvP and do not cry about changing PvP rules that only work to kill all the fights off. No LE=PvP. What can you not understand here?

eNTi
12-05-13, 13:00
ok to all you psycho maniacs. just because i can kill someone doesn't mean i have to do it. pvp doesn't imply kill everything on sight especially if it's much weaker and of all the things it doesn't mean to go out of your way to look for far weaker opponents that will only have a bad time. i don't understand what you don't understand there? i also explained, that i wouldn't have a problem dying in a fair fight. sometimes you will get picked off from being in the wrong spot at the wrong time. no biggy. but people just roaming noob level spots for the sake of killing weaker opponents is nothing but low and sad. you should get your brain checked. i'm not going about killing people irl just because i can. this is not even the goal in this game. there's no point. NONE in doing this other than to GRIEF the other party and that's what's happening. i guess there's something deeply wrong with you guys for having to do this. talk to a psychiatrist, it's not healthy wanting to kill children as a soldier. the reason why people don't do this because they either want to partake in society or they fear the consequences. this game obviously has to little consequences so pk'ers will just go for weaker opponents for the lulz.

yes i can some place else. devoid of people. but maybe it's more rewarding, more effective and more fun to play with other people? i opted into pvp to have the odd fun fight, not to get griefed into restarting a character and not touching the le until end game, because some idiots can't control their trigger finger and get off hearing bleeding babies crying in the gutter.

RogerRamjet
12-05-13, 13:12
Ignore

J@ck on Cr@ck
12-05-13, 13:48
Apparently the "discussion" in help chat the other days about this issue was not enough.

WHY DID YOU TAKE OU THE LE IN THE FIRST PLACE???

The CASH/XP penalties only kick in at xx/30 or higher. So why not level at MB until then (or more if needed) and then head out to hunt some warbots/firemobs? Should you decide to go to regants or other "hotspots" (there are not many) be prepared to be ganked.
To avoid being ganked simply AVOID these HOTSPOTS or LEAVE LE IN ! Is that so difficult to understand?
I get that you are upset about capped char killing noobs, shit happens, get over it.

DIABLO666
12-05-13, 13:55
This is neocron you just need to live with it, most of these gankers are awful so just fight back, I remember once I was about /40 or so at the MB and killed a capped tank who tried to gank. They don't expect a fight so if people fight back they often die then you can say on OOC *oh boy that guy tried to gank and he failed*.

Yesterday for example, citizen cane tried to kill me on my tank whos got a tangent plasma wave and leveling imps in while he is capped using a berretta and he got slaughtered =) its always fun killing the idiots who think they've found easy prey, and trust me they often die VERY easilly, thats why they go for low level people

eNTi
12-05-13, 14:29
Apparently the "discussion" in help chat the other days about this issue was not enough.

WHY DID YOU TAKE OU THE LE IN THE FIRST PLACE???

The CASH/XP penalties only kick in at xx/30 or higher. So why not level at MB until then (or more if needed) and then head out to hunt some warbots/firemobs? Should you decide to go to regants or other "hotspots" (there are not many) be prepared to be ganked.
To avoid being ganked simply AVOID these HOTSPOTS or LEAVE LE IN ! Is that so difficult to understand?
I get that you are upset about capped char killing noobs, shit happens, get over it.
it's upsetting once, but they keep doing it over and over until you leave.

Ivan Eres
12-05-13, 15:05
What J@ck on Cr@ck said. But you took it out, so you gotta adjust and adapt your play style to it.

My question is: Why do you keep coming back to the place if you know that you will be killed again? Seriously, that's completely senseless.

Be flexible, my friend, like water in a glass. Scout the area, watch local, avoid danger, change your leveling spot every once in a while.

There is not only the MB when you're looking for Launcher Cyclops.

There is the big Launcher Pit in I06, there is a Launcher spawn even at Jeriko Fortress, right before the gates of Neocron, there is one at the Battle Dome, there is one 2-3 sectors east of Jeriko Fortress, and I have ran across several more in the Wastes that I don't even remember anymore.

To make it short: If you know that there is a killer on the loose why would you keep coming back to the place? Simply change the leveling spot. Easy enough.

If that is too difficult you should had kept your LE in. I'd suggest that if your char is still small now (since he is at MB) simply reroll if you cannot cope with it. Alternatively you could also lom him down to below rank 30 and simply re-implant the LE, maybe that way it's easier and faster.

Drachenpaladin
12-05-13, 16:22
My question is: Why do you keep coming back to the place if you know that you will be killed again? Seriously, that's completely senseless.

Simply because there is a reason why THOSE level spots are so popular and others abandoned because they are not nearly as attractive and rewarding. They are either too remote or botched by the balancing. Even if you don't want to speed level the alternative spots are a pain in the ass and rarely fun.

Ivan Eres
12-05-13, 17:08
Yeah, that's true. There is always one level spot that is the easiest and most frequented.

That's why PK roam the place.

Taking out the LE while your runner is small means that you should be aware of this.

I went to I06 myself before for another reason: Because the MB can get so crowded that the XP suck.

William Antrim
12-05-13, 17:20
For the record all of the PvP I have done in the last couple of days is under level 40.

rune100
12-05-13, 18:44
Fun fact 121*: The people who complain about not enough players take their LE out are usually the ones who rushed to level cap before pulling their own out.

The more you know, the funnier it becomes.

Sophie
12-05-13, 19:04
Remove LE and leveling from this game.

Leveling is meaningless anyway.

Rethink what to do with RP/PvE-people and PvP.

Alienating people will just make them leave.
But maybe that is the intention of the Devs.

Arista Barret
12-05-13, 19:13
EnTi, I hate dying also but PvP is YOU against ME. Bring every single tactic and skill you have. I chose a woc spy with a SH, you chose a nub with a lvln weapon. Lvln with no LE will give you less exp gain compared to having an LE (hence the LE nerf). If you happen to be very good at the game you will be able to overcome the challenge and see rewards. Example; clan mates lvln at Regants might have my fighting alts logged off in the area to protect or resurrect him should he be killed. Make some friends that are not carebears and learn to deal with your challenges. Someday you will SEX the corpse of your enemies instead of be the corpse.

Arista Barret
12-05-13, 19:15
Fun fact 121*: The people who complain about not enough players take their LE out are usually the ones who rushed to level cap before pulling their own out.

The more you know, the funnier it becomes.
I know my clan and we yank LE's at /2. Some keep the LE until about /45 and they get made fun of for it.

Brawl
12-05-13, 19:55
Ganking noobs is funny, i love a bunker zerg... not only that but most of the times i do it im waiting for someone to come and revenge friend or alt. Get over it dude its neocron, noob ganking will always continue dont get mad get even!

I understand its a pain in the ass when you want to just get on and level, but if everyone was nice and respectful to each other you wouldnt make any enemy's and the game will be turd.

eNTi
12-05-13, 21:08
Ganking noobs is funny, i love a bunker zerg... not only that but most of the times i do it im waiting for someone to come and revenge friend or alt. Get over it dude its neocron, noob ganking will always continue dont get mad get even!

I understand its a pain in the ass when you want to just get on and level, but if everyone was nice and respectful to each other you wouldnt make any enemy's and the game will be turd.
i don't know... people played nc 2 for years now with the changed le and yes, i do agree that the change back was the right direction, only it wasn't thought through... AT ALL. they just reverted it back to how it was and there was a good reason, why kk chose to remove the le penalties. i want to be able to take part in all parts of neocron. i can't do that with my le in, but i also can't do that with my le out it seems. so what should it be? why can't there be reasonable rules that serve both, the pve and the pvp community equally? obviously you can't reason with pkers, because they get a hard one when they see a noob they can rape in the face.

Hammer
12-05-13, 21:16
your problem is easy enti. You like to play Neocron only YOUR way. You are AGAINST all things you dont like. This is a MMO with hugh pvp content and a FRAKTIONS System who called you whos an enemy and whos a friend.
Thats there is a LE is great for beginners, other games (like eve online) dont have a LE for noobs and it is much more harder, because you get ganked all the time in the first days.! So PLZ STOP WHINING! You can have a great life in NC when you dont put your LE off i think.

But i think the main problem is that you (enti) need NC as a solo or only coop game! or like a pve server in wow, where you only can do pvp on battlefields :D lol

William Antrim
12-05-13, 21:17
i don't know... people played nc 2 for years now with the changed le and yes, i do agree that the change back was the right direction, only it wasn't thought through... AT ALL. they just reverted it back to how it was and there was a good reason, why kk chose to remove the le penalties. i want to be able to take part in all parts of neocron. i can't do that with my le in, but i also can't do that with my le out it seems. so what should it be? why can't there be reasonable rules that serve both, the pve and the pvp community equally? obviously you can't reason with pkers, because they get a hard one when they see a noob they can rape in the face.

People capped in 2005-6 in nc2. Seven years later they do not need the LE. Fast forward to 2013 and due to the server being brand new and all of these people having years of experience the LE was being abused by those using it. At least now when people gob off at one another there will be retribution. All the smack talk I have heard from the LE'd crowd has piped down plenty.

The game has and will improve for that.

One person crying is the teardrop in the proverbial thunderstorm. I can bet you a pound to a pinch of shit that this change was agonised over long and hard before being implemented. It is the right thing to do for the community.

As a veteran NC player you knew what you were getting into. Clearly. You made the choice.

If your join date was May 2013 I would have said ok dude hard lines, heres 100k get over it. I will help you reroll (now that I can buff you on a non-le'd char). However you have been here a long old time so I do not know what you are moaning about as that's all this thread set out to do. It is not constructive in any way, there are no changes proposed, there is no discussion. It is just a moan thread because you got caught on the ugly end of a new change in the game.

Now that you have no LE you can join a clan. If you do that and they are not some 2p organisation then they should by rights protect you, or die trying.

This is a cold, harsh, cyberpunk world and I for one absolutely fucking love it.

J@ck on Cr@ck
12-05-13, 22:34
... I do not know what you are moaning about as that's all this thread set out to do. It is not constructive in any way, there are no changes proposed, there is no discussion. It is just a moan thread because you got caught on the ugly end of a new change in the game.

THIS

A lot of people here gave you tips/advise but you dont seem to appreciate or acknowledge them at all, instead you keep on bitching.

MB is one of those hotspots I have talked about and if you get killed more than once in the same spot it really is your own fault. There are many alternatives, but you dont seem to care for them. It seems to me you are very advisory resistent and set in your ways. You cant take out your LE and expect people to treat you like a LE player.

"i want to be able to take part in all parts of neocron. i can't do that with my le in, but i also can't do that with my le out it seems."

Please ENTI explain to me why you cant take part in all that NC has to offer?
Because last time I checked you can do whatever you want in NC with or without LE, so what the f*ck do you want?
I simply dont get it!

eNTi
12-05-13, 22:37
your problem is easy enti. You like to play Neocron only YOUR way. You are AGAINST all things you dont like. This is a MMO with hugh pvp content and a FRAKTIONS System who called you whos an enemy and whos a friend.
Thats there is a LE is great for beginners, other games (like eve online) dont have a LE for noobs and it is much more harder, because you get ganked all the time in the first days.! So PLZ STOP WHINING! You can have a great life in NC when you dont put your LE off i think.

But i think the main problem is that you (enti) need NC as a solo or only coop game! or like a pve server in wow, where you only can do pvp on battlefields :D lol
as a former eve player i can call bullshit on this.

...and yeah. no shit sherlock. i want to play nc the way i want to. as do you. don't give me that hypocritical nonsense.

Please ENTI explain to me why you cant take part in all that NC has to offer?
Because last time I checked you can do whatever you want in NC with or without LE, so what the f*ck do you want?
I simply dont get it!
try to pvp with le. try to level with others without le. the 1st thing is not possible, or maybe you can pvp at neofrag? no idea how that works. the 2nd is possible until some bored high level jerk comes along to kill you again and again.

i want consequences for being a dick in nc? some people on the other hand want to be a dicks and not deal with consequences. because that would take away from their fun. if others suffer it only makes them more happy. as stated before this is still an rpg, but without consequences this game is just a very imbalanced ffa quake arena with shitty graphics.

J@ck on Cr@ck
12-05-13, 23:59
...try to pvp with le...

...until some bored high level jerk comes along to kill you again and again...

i want consequences for being a dick in nc?

1. You can PVP in NF with LE. But I do have the impression that you dont like PVP very much anyways.

2. As I said before, its your own fault if you keep going to the same spot again and again.

3. Did you miss the recent SL changes?

I still dont get what your problem is.
You are unhappy keeping LE in and you are unhappy taking LE out.

Obviously you have a problem with being ganked, so why not keep the LE in?

I get the feeling you would like to have the gankers send a request first if they are allowed to attack you, is that what you want?

Drachenpaladin
13-05-13, 03:04
You don't have much choices other then going to the same places, especially around the level where you go to the MB Bunker. Simply because other level spots are just not viable in terms of cost/reward (even if you are not power leveling) or simply botched by the balance.

Dope
13-05-13, 10:01
You don't have much choices other then going to the same places, especially around the level where you go to the MB Bunker. Simply because other level spots are just not viable in terms of cost/reward (even if you are not power leveling) or simply botched by the balance.

Funny that you keep saying this, as I have played since NC1 launch and never, literally, *ever* leveled at MB... ever, ahem. Never.

Terror_Nonne
13-05-13, 10:01
last night:
put le out - build it artifact - put le in -- :p :D

2013 - welcome back in the new
law-enforcercron

without any feeling of the real N E O C R O N.

:mad: THIS SHIT needs a second patch... :mad:

with skillrank 45
=
le should be destroyed after genrep-using.

u all know i´m right.... :p

Doc Holliday
13-05-13, 10:52
last night:
put le out - build it artifact - put le in -- :p :D

2013 - welcome back in the new
law-enforcercron

without any feeling of the real N E O C R O N.

:mad: THIS SHIT needs a second patch... :mad:

with skillrank 45
=
le should be destroyed after genrep-using.

u all know i´m right.... :p

i laughed at this post but im still not sure why :)

too many people forgot the fundamental essence of this game and the real reason for taking out the LE. Join a clan.

everyone gave good advice but only william antrim actually said join a clan. Pinky said find friends who arent carebears so i guess that was something towards it. It cant be that hard to find a bunch of people to play with in this game and form a clan with them or join one so if you do get ganked you have friends to call on for help.

nabbl
13-05-13, 11:04
I love it!

It is definitely one of the best changes recently. There are so many funny RP-related things possible now.

Found a noob running around in Pepper Park Sector 3 (0/5) and shot his legs so that he couldn't run away. I charged him for 500 NC and he payed :-)
I assured him to protect his ass in Pepper Park. He can just call me. Two minutes later I get a direct that he got killed in Pepper Park 2 by a spy. Went there, killed the spy brough the newb the dogtag and fetched another 500 NC :-P

Just awesome!

SynC_187
13-05-13, 12:14
I love it!

It is definitely one of the best changes recently. There are so many funny RP-related things possible now.

Found a noob running around in Pepper Park Sector 3 (0/5) and shot his legs so that he couldn't run away. I charged him for 500 NC and he payed :-)
I assured him to protect his ass in Pepper Park. He can just call me. Two minutes later I get a direct that he got killed in Pepper Park 2 by a spy. Went there, killed the spy brough the newb the dogtag and fetched another 500 NC :-P

Just awesome!

That is the Neocron I love!!!

While game mechanic wise there is nothing wrong with ganking everyone at the bunker, we want to encourage new players and keep the one's we have. Repeatedly clearing it to the point they can't level and we will lose population. If anyone new to the game asks where to level, they are told the bunker, they don't know of these other places. Kill them, and give them that NC1 sense of danger, but don't prevent them playing the game.

I'm no carebear and I play this game for the PvP, but I won't go back repeatedly killing the same n00bs over and over until they get so fed up they log off. That isn't fun.

Be creative like the above. Make it part of the fun, not just mindless.

Doc Holliday
13-05-13, 12:22
everyone loves free con xp. maybe just use ooc etc to tell people theres players pking at certain locations like the other day at battle dome. I was ganked after a tough talking LE dude wanted to know why i shot his quad. 2 spies turned up with aks (suprise suprise) and we fought with them, myself and wyatt on his pe. Hes using a 0 slot wyatt and im using a desperado while grinding for woc. In the beginning it was actually a close fight and we had both spies stealthing then they focussed me and killed me. I didnt need to cry and flame. i just laughed and thought oh well its nc. it was fun. later people called em out for gr ganking at battle dome.

i logged off shortly after this so i dont know if they were killed or not.

Trivaldi
13-05-13, 12:37
While levelling is quite a set process for the current and established community there are several alternative locations, one of which is better than MB Bunker for that kind of level to increase their skills. I've been in it pretty much alone for the time I've slowly levelled my private character. Short walk across a zone line for GR and GoGu access, even closer than the MB facilities. Granted it's missing a CityCom for secondary skill XP but I'm picking up enough of that from the epic I'm running for the time being.

Other places exist, while we certainly need to improve that side of things and make more of these spots available (one will be added with the next content deployment), it is possible to level elsewhere. While it's certainly no fun for people to get repeatedly ganked, if it's a red is dead kill that is well within the atmosphere and play style of the game.

One of our main aims, and I talked about this in a way in the interview on NeoCast, is we want to bring back a lot of the atmosphere and sense of danger to the world of Neocron. That is something we feel has been diluted to almost none existence.

The changes to the LE that we have made have been debated for months internally. This is not a decision we have taken lightly, we play the game, we see what is being discussed on chat, we obviously read the forums, we study the statistics we have available to us. We hope this change will take Neocron closer to its roots while at the same time moves forward with a stronger and improved foundation. We don't make changes on this level for the hell of it.

Of course, we are all about community feedback. If you have any ideas which you think will assist us in improving the game, making it more fun and fair, please post in the Brainport. Beyond weapon balance there are thousands of scales we have to try and keep in balance and the risk/reward danger/fun pvp/pve ones are some of the most important.

eNTi
13-05-13, 13:02
for the record, the first three kills were made by a runner who's standings was neutral towards me. the 4th was red. they all got picked off later by fusion iirc. i moved on to hunt in the wastes.

yes i should join a clan and play with them. after all this is an mmo. i prefer to play alone, because i can't be bothered with things like clan forums, planned meetings or planned op fights. i need to be flexible and i usually change factions quite a bit for epic runs. not that my preferences should matter to you, this should just highlight my play style. ofc i seek company, which is one of the reasons why i'd like to be able to level in high frequented spots, but i will not do that any longer.

you gave pvp player more choice but i hope you realize you took it away from pve players at same time. lets see if people in general like that.

Netphreak
13-05-13, 13:03
I think the thread starter needs to count themselves lucky they don't have to deal with people like ITAK MAN. Lol
Now there was someone with an unhealthy and relentless love of killing noobs.

Brammers
13-05-13, 13:21
There is just no reason to remove the LE before /30 and you shouldn't remove it after then unless you want to PvP or join a clan.

Plus non-LE'ed PPU's can buff the LE'ed noobs, so you still don't need to take an LE out to level with a capped PPU.

As for the gankers going around ganking noob's, they probably should get a bigger SL hit, lets face it you are not picking on someone your own size.

SilentEye
13-05-13, 13:27
There is just no reason to remove the LE before /30 and you shouldn't remove it after then unless you want to PvP or join a clan.
Another reason to take out the LE would be to benefit from the additional XP and money rewards, can't ignore that that is the biggest driver for most people that usually stuck with their LE, especially since they were 'used' to the original higher XP and money :)

As for the gankers going around ganking noob's, they probably should get a bigger SL hit, lets face it you are not picking on someone your own size.
Not sure if I agree, enemy is enemy; take the military as an example, you won't be doomed more for killing a recruit rather than a veteran.

runner420
13-05-13, 13:37
Another reason to take out the LE would be to benefit from the additional XP and money rewards, can't ignore that that is the biggest driver for most people that usually stuck with their LE, especially since they were 'used' to the original higher XP and money :)

The thing is these are the original rules, people just got used to the no risk all the rewards that was later introduced.You cant have it all. The 25% xp gain is probably recovered from time not spent with si and getting poked after getting killed by players.The money is made up by the fact you don't drop belts,and can farm endgame content with out fear of being killed by other runners that wish to farm the same content.

So if you take it out to gain the rewards.Dont complain when you run into the risk.

Trivaldi
13-05-13, 13:42
Consider Neocron 1, Day 1. You start the game up, you look at this implant in your head and see that there is a bonus for removing the LE chip. Fast forward to 2013 where this bonus was nullified some 10 years ago, regardless of how we reimplement that feature, it will always appear to be a negative. We try to provide patch notes with as much clarity as possible, allowing everyone to understand the changes to the game. Yes this has been implemented as a "negative" but it is merely to counter balance the enormous positive granted by the Law Enforcer feature. We are not punishing you for wearing the LE we are just addressing a huge offset in the balance of risk vs reward.

SilentEye
13-05-13, 13:45
Let it be clear that I am not against the disadvantages that come along with the LE. I am merely pointing out that there are more reasons to take the LE out beside joining a clan or PvP combat :)

Deus Ex Machina
13-05-13, 14:18
There is just no reason to remove the LE before /30 and you shouldn't remove it after then unless you want to PvP or join a clan.1) To prove to yourself you are hard enough for it.
2) Because you want to experience the thrill of a dangerous world.
3) To make better contact with other players - without LE you are just not really part of the world because you do not matter.
4) To experience the joy of considerate players that DON'T kill you, even if you are enemy.

These are some reasons to take the LE out before /30. For others there might be more.

I have to add I love it that I see more people without LE around, its interesting how fast the situation changed with the patch. Seems one of the reasons for people keeping the LE in really was that they leveled faster with it. Now many seem to feel its the other way around.

Zoltan
13-05-13, 14:36
We should implement god-mode and a xp dispenser in locations like the mb bunker. Oh.. wait... and a warp too! No one wants to travel to the mb bunker.

Come on guys... This is a new (/old) situation for everyone. Clans have to learn again to protect their faction members. Yes, a clan is a part of the faction and not a faction in their own right. Noobs have to learn to request help on the faction channel, yes! The faction channel! I know this channel had no meaning in the last years.

The majority of you have become spoiled. I get ganked many times as noob. What did I do? I'd breached the level routine: I visited spots like I 05/ jeriko fortress instead of the mb bunker and there are many more in the wastelands. Be creative.

Instead of blaming everything here safe your time and explore the wastelands. This could be more interesting ;)

BlueRobot
13-05-13, 15:10
Just ban anyone who doesnt have his LE in and spams smilies all day.
http://img10.glitterfy.com/graphics/63/tenderheart.gif

Faid
13-05-13, 16:42
Well I'm glad I'm done leveling all my characters lol It's a good thing they waited so long to implement this.

Sucks to be new to NC now I guess, but hey that's the way it's supposed to be. No more care-bearing. I honestly think you guys should just remove the LE all together now. If you don't like getting ganked by high level players then just don't play.

Strife
13-05-13, 17:06
Well I'm glad I'm done leveling all my characters lol It's a good thing they waited so long to implement this.

Sucks to be new to NC now I guess, but hey that's the way it's supposed to be. No more care-bearing. I honestly think you guys should just remove the LE all together now. If you don't like getting ganked by high level players then just don't play.You don't have to be so melodramatic. Getting killed once in awhile in a video game isnt that big of a deal.

Hammer
13-05-13, 17:53
We should implement god-mode and a xp dispenser in locations like the mb bunker. Oh.. wait... and a warp too! No one wants to travel to the mb bunker.

Come on guys... This is a new (/old) situation for everyone. Clans have to learn again to protect their faction members. Yes, a clan is a part of the faction and not a faction in their own right. Noobs have to learn to request help on the faction channel, yes! The faction channel! I know this channel had no meaning in the last years.

The majority of you have become spoiled. I get ganked many times as noob. What did I do? I'd breached the level routine: I visited spots like I 05/ jeriko fortress instead of the mb bunker and there are many more in the wastelands. Be creative.

Instead of blaming everything here safe your time and explore the wastelands. This could be more interesting ;)

:o This!!!!!!!

Zehnzeichen!

Faid
13-05-13, 18:32
lol strife I wasnt being melodramatic, I'm serious, if just got rid of the LE all together there wouldn't be any arguing over any of this. It would simply come down to: if you dont like being ganked by high level players just don't play neocron. It's supposed to be hardcore, so lets make it hardcore.

William Antrim
13-05-13, 19:25
lol strife I wasnt being melodramatic, I'm serious, if just got rid of the LE all together there wouldn't be any arguing over any of this. It would simply come down to: if you dont like being ganked by high level players just don't play neocron. It's supposed to be hardcore, so lets make it hardcore.

Seriously I almost had to put up my umbrella to stop the tears from washing me away. You have just become a proper miserable guy just lately. If anything this patch will force people to band up together and fight when they get pked. It is a good thing. Yeah sure some of them will moan about it but lets be fair here we play pc games to get away from how unfair life is, we are not here to whine about how unfair the le is.

I would honestly love to hear the opinions of some ACTUAL noobs on this. Some of the guys who have only been here a short time or are levelling their first or second chars and see what they think of the changes. I bet that half of em would actually embrace these changes. Neocron is a harsh futuristic reality where might is right. The City Admin cannot control the world like they thought they could and have had to abandon sections of the city.

The wastelands are called the Wastelands for fucks sake, if they were called Disney World I would agree with you Faid but they're not.

It is a waste, humanity has crawled out from a cave and scratched out a fragile existence on a bare radioactive earth ravaged by war. Of course there are going to be fights, of course people are going to die. This is why they come to try the game out. If they wanted to play in their nice cozy little houses having their friends over for dinner or holding dinner parties they would go and play The Sims.

I think people expect a certain level of violence when they come to a cyberpunk/post apocalyptic game with drugs, booze and strippers.

Remember what the slogan said on the original box art?

You will never die alone.

Fucking right.

Faid
13-05-13, 19:58
What are you whining about william? I am agreeing with you. Lets make Neocron hardcore again. No more carebears, no more LE's.

William Antrim
13-05-13, 20:05
Both of your posts smack of irony and sarcasm.

By the political crusade you went on about the changes the LE runners vehicles I somehow doubt you are being serious. More tongue in cheek sarcasm is the way it looks to me.

Faid
13-05-13, 20:40
Well I am being serious, like I said earlier, I'm done leveling my characters so there's no need for the LE anymore.

The LE'd vehicle thing was simply wrong and provided a huge griefing mechanism which would have caused a ton of problems for everyone in the game.

The Devs want to make NC hardcore again, and if you don't like it then dont play. I just think it would be a lot easier if they removed the LE all together, it would eliminate any confusion that might arise. Honestly im not being sarcastic here.

Strife
13-05-13, 21:20
Both of your posts smack of irony and sarcasm.

By the political crusade you went on about the changes the LE runners vehicles I somehow doubt you are being serious. More tongue in cheek sarcasm is the way it looks to me.You're arguing with the guy that threw a temper tantrum at the vehicle change that allowed anyone to blow up LE'd driven vehicles. Don't bother wasting your time.

Faid
13-05-13, 21:24
Yes strife that would have been very bad indeed, Im glad you agree about the LE vehicle thing. Apparently the devs also agree'd. And For Fucks Sake we are not arguing, we are all in agreement here.

Drachenpaladin
13-05-13, 21:25
And For Fucks Sake we are not arguing, we are all in agreement here.

I disagree!

William Antrim
13-05-13, 21:41
Well I am not in favour of removing the le. It serves a very valuable purpose. The abuse is a problem but the service it does provide is much needed for some of the community.

That said I would not have put in scaling penalties. I would have gone for the maximum from the get go.

boreal
14-05-13, 03:50
if i can gave my 2 cents (and even if you don't wanna hear.)

i don't mind the PvP
i don't mind getting kill
i DO mind getting **farm** by 1 guy over and over (it did happen)

the probleme : im not in primetime since it alway 6-8 hours difference between you and me. Getting in a clan is a no-no for me as everyone i have talk ask me to BE on 6-8 hours before i can (aka prime time) and i can't.

i have LE out and im getting kill by people (when bring over OOC for knowing why im getting kill over and over EVEN if i change spot (J-01 to J-02 to BattleDome.... to **no where i unlog after)

the answer
BECAUSE I CAN AND NOTHING STOP ME.

so 1 PPU and APU have been remake. no point in trying to lvl whit my brother/friend if we are 2-3 MAX (lvling toon, lvl /25 - /35 ) again ganker max lvl.

i do understand Owner post point. i have the same probleme. the think is that i was there in NC2.0 back in 2004. and i had enougt money and time so that at the point we remove the LE we where full stuff and was able to AT LEAST put a fight back. Right now it PURE SUICIDE :D (even my max toon haven't any rare or rare chip !!)

Ganker want to gank. SAME stuff i see nearly 10 year ago is still up now (aka Ganker whitout penality just want to gank)

now. for my point of view. i don't care anymore since im use to it. i mean i have pass the time where i was mad and been piss about it. we have remake our toon. are back at the lvl we where before. we even make more money !!!!

but people asking to remove the LE only want one think. been able to gank low lvl whitout consequence... If you so proude of yourself go PvP people of your own lvl. bunker is for lvling toon. not max wating to get a EPEEN bigger.

i don't mind a good fight... but when im /30 and a 70/60 came to just kill me. well it not good at all :D i mean ok sure why not... but when that guy is not even on a ennemy faction im like WTF !!!!

LE need to have malus : OK
GANKER NEED TO HAVE MALUS : THAT TOO.

it easy : add something that make a max caracter not unable but a loss of time to hit a noob. Like 20 LvL +- is normaly ok for me (i mean max lvl droner i was +- /39 - /40) so that gave no-le caracter been able to fight them... and even have a change to have a decent fight

im not again a good fight. im again people that just greefe and kill for no damn reason. to be kill it ok. to be farm less... to have no chance to fight back is a no-no situation !

now that it say. i return to my LE toon and just watching greefer taking over the game :D

PS ( i have my max toon remove the LE earlyer !!! so now i have a toon to fight no-LE player too !!!)

boreal
14-05-13, 03:58
berk double-post... someone know how to delete ?

Doc Holliday
14-05-13, 04:11
if i can gave my 2 cents (and even if you don't wanna hear.)

i don't mind the PvP
i don't mind getting kill
i DO mind getting **farm** by 1 guy over and over (it did happen)

the probleme : im not in primetime since it alway 6-8 hours difference between you and me. Getting in a clan is a no-no for me as everyone i have talk ask me to BE on 6-8 hours before i can (aka prime time) and i can't.

<---- location. Sydney. 8 hours ahead of Germany. 9 from the UK. I dont have any issues. Its more fun because there are less idiots who come to gank me. There was one tool yesterday who died fighting two warbots. i hacked them and when he came back and found them gone he sniped me. i saw him. He was green to me. It was at J_02 also. Too bad that slack fuck logged off after he took his soullight hit. (he was on 24 on the city com. im almost certain he was higher prior to that) GG to you. ( i wont name names but i know who he is )

Boreal if you get ganked once too bad. twice is hilarious cause there are very few classes that carry truly expensive items that you cant afford to lose. and there are plenty of clans around. more are popping up too. large or small.

choose a faction and then choose a clan. or make one and recruit. just because you dont play prime time dont mean you cant join up with others.

if they tell u to be on at a certain time tell em to get fucked we dont have raid times and this aint wow. Any clan that tries to impose times to play on a game like this where its all one server and not based by region is gonna fail and they havent realised it.

Arista Barret
14-05-13, 05:07
Can we all agree on one thing? The Soul light system is killing pvp for no LE chars. I understand roleplayers want me to honor a color on the screen over my desire to Slasher face. We need a real solution with balance that creates/rewards/penalizes.

Deus Ex Machina
14-05-13, 12:57
Can we all agree on one thing? The Soul light system is killing pvp for no LE chars. I understand roleplayers want me to honor a color on the screen over my desire to Slasher face. We need a real solution with balance that creates/rewards/penalizes.No, we can't agree on that. Its called MMORPG. RPG stand for Role Playing Game. Its NOT a MMOFPS. So, you want to kill your friends, you deal with the consequences. Oh wait, that happens in MMOFPSs too. In Neocron you can kill the enemy nearly everywhere, you can kill neutrals in many places, without consequences. If you are too soft for it, get yourself together or move on. Even the people that get killed by someone focused on destroying the experience of low characters doesn't cry that much, and those have a justified reason. Oh my.

Brammers
14-05-13, 13:06
Can we all agree on one thing? The Soul light system is killing pvp for no LE chars. I understand roleplayers want me to honor a color on the screen over my desire to Slasher face. We need a real solution with balance that creates/rewards/penalizes.

No, go and read this (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?150189-T-185-186-Testserver-Patch-Discussion&p=2210248&viewfull=1#post2210248) and this (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?150189-T-185-186-Testserver-Patch-Discussion&p=2210412&viewfull=1#post2210412) for why.

William Antrim
14-05-13, 18:36

Battlefield 4 comes out soon you can go there.

I will come there too and frag your ass.

boreal
15-05-13, 02:48
Doc Hollyday : Hey don't bite me ! i gave my 2 cents. not like anyone truly care.

i will probably make my own clan and see how it go. And the class that **farm me** for a good 3-4 hours (around) was a spy. whit a vehicule.

i don't care. haven't see that guy since the incident. and i was a lot weaker that now. i just wanna gave my feeling about it !

and if i was too soft i wound'nt be still here. i would have leave a long time ago... like 8 year ago. stop saying to go back to a other game ! im feeling right at my place here.

Doc Holliday
15-05-13, 03:52
I wasn't trying to be an asshole. Total opposite. Just tryin to help. ;) chill.

yavimaya
15-05-13, 04:58
Awesome thread, just awesome.
down with carebears!

Chuck Norris
15-05-13, 10:08
and let this be a lesson for anyone new and or considering removing their Le before cap/woc... dont do it; trolls are looking for you!

Doc Holliday
15-05-13, 10:34
and let this be a lesson for anyone new and or considering removing their Le before cap/woc... dont do it; trolls are looking for you!

I'm so glad you aren't in charge of developing this game.

eNTi
15-05-13, 10:38
i want to proudly announced that i killed my first newbie on the stepps of nc yesterday. i feel empowered now and will pursue this activity whenever the possibility arises. yes he was a red. for now anyway, because i will soon swap faction again.

Dropout
15-05-13, 11:55
i want to proudly announced that i killed my first newbie on the stepps of nc yesterday. i feel empowered now and will pursue this activity whenever the possibility arises. yes he was a red. for now anyway, because i will soon swap faction again.

Felt good, did it not? :p

Load
15-05-13, 13:16
I went WB hunting yesterday with 1 other and got jumped constantly and I fucking loved it, having to have one guy guarding the hacker, always looking over your shoulder being wary of others, this IS what cyberpunk is meant to be and its bloody brilliant

William Antrim
15-05-13, 13:25
Fighting woc spies with a Wyatt earp and beating them lots even while fighting a warbot us great. Even tho I died in the end it was a fuck tonne of fun.

RogerRamjet
15-05-13, 13:43
I went WB hunting yesterday with 1 other and got jumped constantly and I fucking loved it, having to have one guy guarding the hacker, always looking over your shoulder being wary of others, this IS what cyberpunk is meant to be and its bloody brilliant

That's why I loved this game, the idea that it could kick off at any time.

Doc Holliday
15-05-13, 13:56
naw guys. you got it all wrong. All the real pvpers hang out in the pussy club with a dual logged ppu getting buffs for zoneline fighting.

Ascension
15-05-13, 14:07
naw guys. you got it all wrong. All the real pvpers hang out in the pussy club with a dual logged ppu getting buffs for zoneline fighting.

Haha, sounds about right, I've been there as my APU, against buffed Dev tanks, needless to say I'm a zone whore and still die to 2/3 stacks in the safe zone, its hard enough as an APU, but being unbuffed against buffed enemies is virtually pointless.

Strife
15-05-13, 15:36
I went WB hunting yesterday with 1 other and got jumped constantly and I fucking loved it, having to have one guy guarding the hacker, always looking over your shoulder being wary of others, this IS what cyberpunk is meant to be and its bloody brilliantI like your style, you may have a future in STD if you're interested.

Haha, sounds about right, I've been there as my APU, against buffed Dev tanks, needless to say I'm a zone whore and still die to 2/3 stacks in the safe zone, its hard enough as an APU, but being unbuffed against buffed enemies is virtually pointless. If you see Sinjin there just ask for buffs or poke me on OOC as I may be paying attention on my fighter. Unlike what seems like most of the pvpers, i'm out to have fun and fight, not shit on people until they quit.

naw guys. you got it all wrong. All the real pvpers hang out in the pussy club with a dual logged ppu getting buffs for zoneline fighting. You joke, but you guys should be there practicing as much as anyone :P Other than Tino being Grand Supreme Emperor Douche-Lord people have been pretty cool and resurrect everyone.

Ascension
15-05-13, 16:31
If you see Sinjin there just ask for buffs or poke me on OOC as I may be paying attention on my fighter. Unlike what seems like most of the pvpers, i'm out to have fun and fight, not shit on people until they quit.

In all honesty there are a lot of people in there that will rez you if you drop which is kind of cool, tends to happen a lot with the new dev tank craze. But thanks will bear that in mind. If you see a lonely APU dead on the floor drop him a rez lol

Dropout
15-05-13, 16:36
You joke, but you guys should be there practicing as much as anyone :P Other than Tino being Grand Supreme Emperor Douche-Lord people have been pretty cool and resurrect everyone.

That's not my experience.. :p

Netphreak
15-05-13, 17:13
At least the pussy club is more interesting than the plaza 1 zone line was.

Dropout
15-05-13, 17:52
At least the pussy club is more interesting than the plaza 1 zone line was.

Exept for the people that doesnt move OUTSIDE the door lol.

William Antrim
15-05-13, 19:03
I like your style, you may have a future in STD if you're interested.

You joke, but you guys should be there practicing as much as anyone :P Other than Tino being Grand Supreme Emperor Douche-Lord people have been pretty cool and resurrect everyone.

We practiced out at Battledome. I am the one other.

Does that mean I get an invite by proxy?

Thanks but I will give it a miss. I am not up for moving to the flavour of the month clan.

:)

P.s I am pretty adept at running for the zoneline at half health so I don't need that much practice. I will take my lumps out in the wastelands and pay for the pokes.

Strife
16-05-13, 03:37
Out of curiosity, how would STD be flavor of the month? It's not like they recruit in mass.

William Antrim
16-05-13, 08:12
The fluidity of big clans. They rise and fall over time just like everything else in the world. Rsc had its day and now it is std's turn. Sometime in the future they will die down and all the players will move to the next big clan. So the cycle continues. It has happened all through nc ever since I have been here.

Britney
16-05-13, 13:10
550+ posts on this forum by the thread starter and not enough insight into neocron to find a level spot which isn't conspicuous as fuck?

Free tip of the month: There's enough launcher cyclops spawns with bunkers that you won't get ganked at nearly as often. Same goes for CRP cave.

eNTi
16-05-13, 13:20
550+ posts on this forum by the thread starter and not enough insight into neocron to find a level spot which isn't conspicuous as fuck?

Free tip of the month: There's enough launcher cyclops spawns with bunkers that you won't get ganked at nearly as often. Same goes for CRP cave.
50+ posts and hasn't read one thread she replied to.

free tip for your life: if you are joining a conversation, make sure you know what the topic is and what has been said in the course of the conversation.

Nidhogg
16-05-13, 15:24
You don't even need to leave the city to find launchers.

SilentEye
16-05-13, 15:34
Raaawwrr, come onnnn! *PFFF ROCKET FIRE*

It's true, there are so many launchers around :)

Strife
16-05-13, 16:09
The fluidity of big clans. They rise and fall over time just like everything else in the world. Rsc had its day and now it is std's turn. Sometime in the future they will die down and all the players will move to the next big clan. So the cycle continues. It has happened all through nc ever since I have been here.We aren't 'big' though. LG, FF, Infected can field more players than us regularly.

Dropout
16-05-13, 16:12
We aren't 'big' though. LG, FF, Infected can field more players than us regularly.

Sometimes*

nabbl
16-05-13, 17:31

Don't you dare to reveal that secret place!

Brammers
16-05-13, 18:06

I was about to tell everyone where it is, but I just got called away for an urgent meeting by Officer Nabbl, so I'll have to post it later on. ;) :D

Strife
16-05-13, 19:06
Sometimes*If sometimes means most of the time, then sure.

DigestiveBiscui
16-05-13, 19:25
The fluidity of big clans. They rise and fall over time just like everything else in the world. Rsc had its day and now it is std's turn. Sometime in the future they will die down and all the players will move to the next big clan. So the cycle continues. It has happened all through nc ever since I have been here.

11 Active members

Just because we crush everyone doesn't mean we're coming out in mass - we're just better

Arista Barret
17-05-13, 04:40
The game lives with the guy who yanks at /2 and knows what to do. Conforming the rules to carebear standards has killed NC long enough.

Doc Holliday
17-05-13, 04:58
11 Active members

Just because we crush everyone doesn't mean we're coming out in mass - we're just better

Comedy post.

Now who were you before rsc fell apart and strife and co joined and gave you some legit players.....

gstyle40
17-05-13, 08:20
Comedy post.

Now who were you before rsc fell apart and strife and co joined and gave you some legit players.....

they were the guys whom wouldnt fight without 3 ppu's. they wouldnt defend if they didnt have 3 ppu's and then would zerg the crap out of u when they came for the op back. thats my experience with them anyways b4 rsc joined

Strife
17-05-13, 09:22
Their 6 man zerg? Must have been some "300" style blood-bath.

RogerRamjet
17-05-13, 09:56
Ahh I remember when we had proper zergs... thirty Freedom Force... half of them PPUs... half of them APUs...and I can remember when all of this was fields... Ahh where are my Wurthers Originals...

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01875/werthers_1875735i.jpg

Nidhogg
17-05-13, 10:10
Please get back on topic and leave the clan smack talk in-game. Thanks.

William Antrim
17-05-13, 11:18
Enti have you honestly considered or attempted to join a clan? Even on the "offpeak hours" there must be a few people around - most likely the bored ones who keep killing you. Have you approached anyone to see if they will sponsor your move to their clan/faction and learned to pvp/improve your defence?

I am saying this purely from a logical point of view. You might be a really good player, I have no idea but I am just trying to think of ways to put the fun back into nc for you.

eNTi
17-05-13, 11:33
Enti have you honestly considered or attempted to join a clan? Even on the "offpeak hours" there must be a few people around - most likely the bored ones who keep killing you. Have you approached anyone to see if they will sponsor your move to their clan/faction and learned to pvp/improve your defence?

I am saying this purely from a logical point of view. You might be a really good player, I have no idea but I am just trying to think of ways to put the fun back into nc for you.
i've stated my reasons, why i'm not in a clan. i don't have time to commit. if i find a clan that is ok with that and still has active players who are willing to help on occasion count me in. i'm tg currently and will probably stay there. so maybe soad will take me in.

yavimaya
17-05-13, 13:28
Ahh I remember when we had proper zergs... thirty Freedom Force... half of them PPUs... half of them APUs...and I can remember when all of this was fields... Ahh where are my Wurthers Originals...

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01875/werthers_1875735i.jpg

Nice.

DigestiveBiscui
17-05-13, 14:12
[ edited ]

William Antrim
17-05-13, 14:24
i've stated my reasons, why i'm not in a clan. i don't have time to commit. if i find a clan that is ok with that and still has active players who are willing to help on occasion count me in. i'm tg currently and will probably stay there. so maybe soad will take me in.

If you make no attempt to help yourself how will others be able to justify helping?

Kame
17-05-13, 14:28
BTW Nid this is community talk, not brainport.

Shouldnt clan smack talk be allowed here ??

Drachenpaladin
17-05-13, 14:38
Clan smack talk shouldn't be allowed anywhere at the forums :p

eNTi
17-05-13, 14:41
If you make no attempt to help yourself how will others be able to justify helping?
not sure what you mean. i've almost capped this char by now and i've been hunting wbs on my own since "the incident" and done 3 epics. never seen a single player during hunting and will most likely woc my char this way. i'm just sorry i pulled my le before woced so i can't be joining any leveling hot spots. i'm not even considering teaming up with any other non-le because they very well just might stab me in the back.

William Antrim
17-05-13, 14:48
So you are going to play the lone wolf all the way through your nc career? You are the perfect target for people to fight then, no clan mates no friends. You are easy pickings for any idiot with a Cursed Soul.

You refuse to team up with anyone or join a clan but when you get killed you come to the forum and complain you got killed.

If you want to avoid being killed I suggest you take some of the advice offered in your thread or just take the pain.

SilentEye
17-05-13, 14:50
not sure what you mean. i've almost capped this char by now and i've been hunting wbs on my own since "the incident" and done 3 epics. never seen a single player during hunting and will most likely woc my char this way. i'm just sorry i pulled my le before woced so i can't be joining any leveling hot spots. i'm not even considering teaming up with any other non-le because they very well just might stab me in the back.
See but this is where you're missing out bud.

I'm out leveling with my buddies, hunting WBs and stuff. We've all got our LEs out and we're having fun. Sometimes we run into someone and you look at each other wondering whether you're going to end up fighting each other or whether you leave each other in peace.

It becomes alot more fun when you're playing with others :)

Especially when the LE is out!

eNTi
17-05-13, 14:52
So you are going to play the lone wolf all the way through your nc career? You are the perfect target for people to fight then, no clan mates no friends. You are easy pickings for any idiot with a Cursed Soul.

You refuse to team up with anyone or join a clan but when you get killed you come to the forum and complain you got killed.

If you want to avoid being killed I suggest you take some of the advice offered in your thread or just take the pain.
i'm not refusing to join a clan. it might just be difficult to find one that isn't bothered by my requirements. it's not as if i was making this shit up on the go. also i don't think joining a clan would help my cause much, because i would still be killed, when i'm soloing the wastes or joining a level hot spot like regants.

so yeah. i will have to take the pain like you so formidably described. that doesn't mean i have to like it or be content with the changes that led to this decision, hence my crying on the forums.

you don't like some changes either (sl?) and cry on the forums, what's your excuse?

SilentEye
17-05-13, 14:55
i'm not refusing to join a clan. it might just be difficult to find one that isn't bothered by my requirements. it's not as if i was making this shit up on the go. also i don't think joining a clan would help my cause much, because i would still be killed, when i'm soloing the wastes or joining a level hot spot like regants. so yeah. i will have to take the pain like you so formidably described. that doesn't mean i have to like it or be content with the changes that led to this decision, hence my crying on the forums. you don't like the sl changes either and cry on the forums. you will just have to adapt, like i did, or move on.
You don't have to necessarily join a clan. Just make some friends! If you die maybe they can come rez you and you can go on a revenge run by trying to find the guy that killed you, etc etc.

The possibilities are endless :)

unc0nnected
17-05-13, 17:48
Sometimes we run into someone and you look at each other wondering whether you're going to end up fighting each other or whether you leave each other in peace.

This is EXACTLY why Neocron is still more thrilling than 90% of games out there to this day.. This is where the real emotional experience comes from because there is serious risk involved as well as total unpredictability as you are dealing with other real people. You have to deal with the frustration of being pk'ed from time to time(or all the time if you hang out around popular spots out in the open) but all of the moments in between are heightened with excitement because death can be right around the corner and anyone could be a friend or foe. I mean how many other games do you go run and hide in a dark corner, and feel your heart rate double and your palms get all sweaty frmo excitement/fear , when you see a potential enemy in the distance, hoping they don't find you? I mean some perhaps but you aren't really that concerned because what's the worst that can happen(if it even happens at all). With this the gameplay experience is more than just leveling, finding loot and being another hamster on a treadmill doing the same old things over and over for these virtual carrots that are constantly dangled infront of your face. In neocron the emotional experience is so much more real because of everything you described and is exactly why I take my LE out the moment my character is created, well that and the increased XP gain + additional slot for an implant.

As SilentEye said it gets even better when you are working with a group. And even better than all of this is when it's your turn to be on the other side, hopefully picking fair fights, all of that excitement is quadrupled when you get into fights. None of this exists in any other game I've played and it's why Neocron keeps people hooked to this day

Ghostface_Speak
17-05-13, 18:27
Remove LE and leveling from this game.

Leveling is meaningless anyway.

Rethink what to do with RP/PvE-people and PvP.

FoM tried that,didn't turn out too well

William Antrim
17-05-13, 19:12
I have never cried about anything in nc. I think you're missing the point. Alas. Never mind.

Netphreak
17-05-13, 19:21
FoM tried that,didn't turn out too well

FoMk tried a lot of things (probably too many), however one thing it got right was the player generated missions. Awesome idea and concept that actually worked and also brought players together.

But hey, I've gone off topic

roseyparks
17-05-13, 19:55
To be absolutely fair, out of all the clans that I've hopped around, not one of them including the one i'm in now have been concerned about me not having "the time" to join one. LE's being taken out for a reason, risk vs. reward. You want that extra xp? You have to earn it, how do you earn it? Simply knowing how to level without getting ganked. Even if you take the risk of going somewhere you don't want to level simply because it's not enough XP, you're trading for going somewhere you can safely level and get gimped because it's too easy to just level a character. The GM's/Devs whoever made a great decision including this in the recent patch, because people are taking advantage of leveling way too much and in order to keep traffic flowing they can't always look at what people call the "carebear" approach. It wouldn't make sense to simply have a bunch of LE'd people talking trash to other LE'd players. It would make tradeskilling useless, it would make LE'd players look dumb (not saying the majority aren't already), and more importantly it would kill the game. Showing some respect for the PVP'ers was exactly what they needed to do, and that's what this patch pretty much did.

Truth being told: You're mad that you can't handle the situation accordingly because of your lack of rational thinking. Being too soon to take the LE out, please... you should of been proud that you made that decision. You know how much respect you get for taking it out early? It what differentiates you from a man and a boy, a woman from a girl, accept your love son.

Strife
17-05-13, 20:16
Being too soon to take the LE out, please... you should of been proud that you made that decision. You know how much respect you get for taking it out early? It what differentiates you from a man and a boy, a woman from a girl, accept your love son. I agree. I've probably given away 5million nc to random uncapped un-LE i'd see in Pepper Park, just because they have the balls to play the game properly.

unc0nnected
17-05-13, 23:18
Truth being told: You're mad that you can't handle the situation accordingly because of your lack of rational thinking.

Well without ripping him a new asshole it could just be that he didn't know, or look too much into, other viable leveling spots. But I imagine after asking around, and reading this thread he has a much better idea of where to go now. There was a reply a couple threads back that really made a good point and that is that now that you don't have an easy option to level in the popular spots you have the wonderful opportunity of exploring the world of neocron and finding all those amazing nooks and crannies that most of us took years to discover :)

Kame
18-05-13, 03:20
Lol I gave a MOVEON I had just gotten to some random non-LE tank the other day. Along with 50k. I think he was like /25.

Doc Holliday
18-05-13, 06:49
Lol I gave a MOVEON I had just gotten to some random non-LE tank the other day. Along with 50k. I think he was like /25.

Did he take it off you and go "what the fuck is this shit" and throw it back at you like a homeless person you give food to instead of money? :)

Chuck Norris
18-05-13, 16:35
I love the elaborate Bs griefers give of why you should take your LE out so they can PK you otherwise your a stupid idiot, lmfao.

Get real

BlueRobot
18-05-13, 16:54
[ edited ]

eNTi
18-05-13, 18:20
[ edited ]
not if you happen to level in bunker or even worse in regants. if you are lucky someone will be there to poke you, if not... pay up for gr costs. this might seem puny to woced chars who only deal in 4 and 5 slot full arti weapons, but for newbies this can be quite bitter and the run to regants is a pain. but you have it all figured out clever boy. everyone who isn't enjoying the game like want it to be needs to go, right? wrong.

Strife
18-05-13, 18:24
not if you happen to level in bunker or even worse in regants. if you are lucky someone will be there to poke you, if not... pay up for gr costs. this might seem puny to woced chars who only deal in 4 and 5 slot full arti weapons, but for newbies this can be quite bitter and the run to regants is a pain. but you have it all figured out clever boy. everyone who isn't enjoying the game like want it to be needs to go, right? wrong.No, but people need to stop being such babies and crying because an obstacle crosses their path. God forbid you have some sort of challenge.

William Antrim
18-05-13, 19:39
I love the elaborate Bs griefers give of why you should take your LE out so they can PK you otherwise your a stupid idiot, lmfao.

Get real

There's only one idiot in this thread and its the one I quoted. You should read some of your posts sometimes. It's a shame noone takes you seriously cos I bet you could be a really stand up guy.

BlueRobot
19-05-13, 01:28
[ edited ]

Chuck Norris
19-05-13, 03:55
[ edited ]

Strife
19-05-13, 04:32
[ edited ]

Drachenpaladin
19-05-13, 05:16
[ edited ]

Strife
19-05-13, 05:55
NC maturity at it's normal.

If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...Indeed

Juppe
19-05-13, 07:18
[ edited ]

eNTi
19-05-13, 10:18
[ edited ]
priceless irony.

William Antrim
19-05-13, 11:15
Well I think this thread has run its course now. Thanks everyone for the great discussion.

J@ck on Cr@ck
19-05-13, 14:31
Well I think this thread has run its course now. Thanks everyone for the great discussion.

Agreed.
Seems like the expiration date of this thread is due.

BlueRobot
19-05-13, 14:50
[ edited ]

Nidhogg
19-05-13, 15:05
Next offence and the thread will be closed.

DigestiveBiscui
19-05-13, 16:27
Strife smells!

There!

BlueRobot
19-05-13, 17:09
Its flaming when i tell some guy, who whines about gr costs, to go do some rat missions ?

Arista Barret
19-05-13, 18:27
This Thread is awesome. I hope we see more like it.