PDA

View Full Version : Can't open launcher

DIABLO666
10-05-13, 16:33
Hi, basically I just installed neocron on this pc but when I open the launcher is says its not connected to the internet, however I'm using the internet as it says this to type this out... I've checked my firewall and set it to trust but it still says theres no internet.

Any ideas?

SilentEye
10-05-13, 16:37
Where did you download the installer from?

What OS are you running?

Where is Neocron installed?

Try running the launcher using Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode and Administrator mode

:)

DIABLO666
10-05-13, 16:38
I am using xp and made sure to check the admin mode button, the file says its neocron 2.2 CE. Have I got the right one or do I need to redownload it all?

SilentEye
10-05-13, 16:40
I'm going to take a wild guess you're using an old download which is not working correctly.

I would suggest to download the latest installer from the home page on www.neocron-game.com :)

Filename: neocron2ce-setup-2.2.180.16.exe

Load
10-05-13, 16:42
either that or try and run in direct by going in the neocron folder and clicking client.exe

SilentEye
10-05-13, 16:44
either that or try and run in direct by going in the neocron folder and clicking client.exe
While that might start the actual client I doubt it will resolve the problems as the client needs to be patched to the latest version of course :)

DIABLO666
10-05-13, 16:47
well opening it direct from client exe worked but wont that stop me downloading updates? and if so how do I fix that?

also its definitely the right file name

DIABLO666
10-05-13, 16:50
I've just started the download all over again with that new link =( any clues as to what I should do if it fails this time?

SilentEye
10-05-13, 16:50
You are required to start the launcher for patching and starting the client, so there is no way going around the launcher.

Am I understanding your problem right;

In the launcher it self you get a message saying you are not connected to the internet?

How do you connect to the internet?

Do you use a cabled connection?

Do you use a proxy server (check your internet explorer connection settings)?

Disable all other network connections apart from the one you are trying to use (which would be Local Area Connection) for a cabled internet.

Edit: Where did you download it from before?

DIABLO666
10-05-13, 16:52
I think it downloaded it from the same website you linked, I've got a ethernet connecting direct to my internet and aye its the launcher that says theres no internet for some reason despite the internet working for everything else

SilentEye
10-05-13, 16:54
Very weird, have you tried a restart of your PC? :D

There should be a launcher .INI file in the neocron\ini\ folder, try deleting it and restarting.

DIABLO666
10-05-13, 17:22
gah reinstalled it still no luck =( why does neocron hate me

And I can't find a launcher ini file in the ini folder either

Additional, I turned off my internet security and it works.. but I can't play with it off and iv already put it in the trusted section

Fremen
10-05-13, 17:27
i'm pretty sure you're problem is related to firewall.
Do you have windows 8 ?

DIABLO666
10-05-13, 17:28
nah I'm on xp, I use a bought firewall and when I turned it off it worked but I've turned it on again and it wont work again despite the fact I've moved neocron to the trusted programs section.

I don't get why its being annoying =(

DIABLO666
10-05-13, 17:30
woo I did it! its working!