PDA

View Full Version : Stealthed Hacking

Torg
07-05-13, 13:58
In the future, there will be no real need for LEd high-ranks in NC. Because of properly working SL rules, that is. But will this be the end for quiet warbot-farming? will ninjas roam the warbot hunting zones in order to kill any unsuspecting spy or apu while doing th hack?

i want an exception added to the rule that's keeping us from using whatever things while being stealthed: let us hack while in stealth. this would give NC even more cyberpunk atmosphere.

Netphreak
07-05-13, 14:05
Can we have 10 second stealth for PE's then as well to balance it out a bit and give PE's a chance..?

SynC_187
07-05-13, 14:52
In the future, there will be no real need for LEd high-ranks in NC. Because of properly working SL rules, that is. But will this be the end for quiet warbot-farming? will ninjas roam the warbot hunting zones in order to kill any unsuspecting spy or apu while doing th hack?

i want an exception added to the rule that's keeping us from using whatever things while being stealthed: let us hack while in stealth. this would give NC even more cyberpunk atmosphere.

This always used to be a risk of warbot hunting. Find a nice quiet place. If you hunt off the beaten track a bit, you will have no problems. I used to hunt in the same place nearly every day, and didn't see anyone for 6 months at one point.

eNTi
07-05-13, 15:19
yes... because spies badly need another buff. especially in form of stealth.

nabbl
07-05-13, 15:21

Well ... tried to see that out of a PvP perspective?

Hacking the outpost terminal in stealth?
Hacking belts while in stealth?

You are lying on the ground seeing your belt and suddenly it disappears?
Yeah ... players will be happy!

Deus Ex Machina
07-05-13, 16:09
When the problem is the vulnerability while hacking, a better solution would be to give some access to sourroundings while hacking. Maybe a smaller hacking interface (in relation to the screen), or feedback in the hacking screen that you get damage, or someone is in the local area or such things.

Dropout
07-05-13, 17:14
When the problem is the vulnerability while hacking, a better solution would be to give some access to sourroundings while hacking. Maybe a smaller hacking interface (in relation to the screen), or feedback in the hacking screen that you get damage, or someone is in the local area or such things.

This is actually a pretty good idea..

Being able to hack while stealthed, is however probably one of the worst ideas I have ever heard.. Sorry Torg, but that is a big NO from me..

slith
07-05-13, 17:45
When the problem is the vulnerability while hacking, a better solution would be to give some access to sourroundings while hacking. Maybe a smaller hacking interface (in relation to the screen), or feedback in the hacking screen that you get damage, or someone is in the local area or such things.Local list and visual feedback when hit = perfect. No need to go further.

William Antrim
07-05-13, 18:45
This would make the game easier for stealthers and I am all against that.

I would prefer some form of visual/sound alert or a hack game warning or something while you're in the hack if you are getting hit. I was thinking some form of breaker on the hack if you get damaged but this would only cause issues at op fights.

Eternal Pink
07-05-13, 19:06

Monk's can't use stealth tools so this would only help one of the two groups you've mentioned.

Prefer the idea where you get a visual/audio warning that your taking damage myself since it would make more sense and be a benefit to anybody that hacks.

Doc Holliday
08-05-13, 10:08
makes game easier.

fail idea.

sorry.