PDA

View Full Version : Event Feedback

Deus Ex Machina
06-05-13, 11:00
I noticed there are several runners with some a few issues about todays events, and others (or the same) with positive feedback, so why not give it a platform for the Devs to look it up in one thread ;)

My positive points:
- Overall it was nice to feel action again in the game
- The story moved with a good speed, was not dragged out, and did not wait for someone who mkgiht have been left behind.
- Even with the zone crashes it finished in a good time
- The outcome was really unexpected. I didn't think that attack would have any lasting impact.

My (a bit) negative points
- While it might diminish when more events of that sort pop up, it seems that the wish to participate is large in the community. Not negative as such, but that means it has some interesting consequences if someone has nothing todo. I saw at least a few Fallen Angels that shot at the Guardian Attackers for example (I am sure there were others, but thats my focus ;-)). Its hard not to want to shoot something when everyone around is, and something happens. On the whole friendlies to TG had not much to do, especially when with LE. That FA (and surely some others) especially had problems in that event is clear, since they have an uneasy truce with CA going (at least for now), meaning no real targets presented themselves.

- The sectors where the story unfolded were empty at the first broadcast. Meaning several runners ran through Industrial Area on the search, and couldn't find anything. Must have somehow missed the TG force that appeared from nowhere a bit later. It would be nice if something is happenening and story technical is already somewhere, that it can be found, even if it has not already been announced. The sense of accomplishment of finding it is really nice ;-).

- The story characters don't stand out. While it might be the wanted behaviour, not finding some Alex Mendez early for example, it really helps if the Story Chars are a bit easier to identify in all the runners. Of course thats my opinion. While not ideal, I found the solution of using old models for story chars quite useful in earlier eras.

Overall I had much fun, dodging a few trigger happy Crahn Runners, watching the story unfold and trying to find out what I could do.

eNTi
06-05-13, 12:51
the event itself was neat, albeit pointless. no matter who fired on who... the story unfolded without the players. so it was basically sitting back and watching a (badly scripted) movie. so if you plan on doing this next time prepare some possible outcomes where players have a say which way it goes.

Zebul
07-05-13, 00:58
Would have been cool if the TG bots dropped things. Either interesting items or tags that could be redeemed for something. I joined in the fray but it did have kind of a pointless feel because nothing I did would have any impact on the story or benefit me in any way.

The effort put into running that kind of thing was much appreciated though and it was really nice to have some unique action.

William Antrim
07-05-13, 18:53
[ edited ]

Strife
07-05-13, 20:19
[ edited ]

eNTi
07-05-13, 20:31
[ edited ]