PDA

View Full Version : GM/Official RP Char Speech Bubbles

JoshCooper
06-05-13, 01:28
Had an idea earlier, during the event, regarding the speech bubble that appears over the official RP chars when they talk in game. It would be nice if this could be someway stand over from our runner's speech bubbles (default different colour or something).

At times during the event it was difficult to see what the RP characters were saying due to lots of people talking at the same time. This would make it easier to follow the story of the event and know what was happening, along with making it easier to locate actually where there char was.

This could also be extended to the text in the chat box as, again, their speech sometimes got lost within the many messages

Deus Ex Machina
06-05-13, 01:41
True, that would be a really nice feature. I often wasn't sure if something hadn't just scrolled by me that I missed, and where the "important" chars are. Interesting enough I captured one on screen of them very early in the event - and only noticed that I did, when I was looking through my captured shots.

Doc Holliday
06-05-13, 03:49
an alternative is to have a seperate channel that they can talk on (gm chars) like the admin channel. This then allows the runners to turn off other communication channels essentially muting any of the extra chatter from the runners who are watching the event.

Doc Holliday
06-05-13, 06:26
sorry. edit timed out. just seen the screenies by deus.

Guys. Mute all non essential channels. local and trade etc. the rp chars were talking on admin channel. not exactly hard to follow.

Deus Ex Machina
06-05-13, 10:40
sorry. edit timed out. just seen the screenies by deus.

Guys. Mute all non essential channels. local and trade etc. the rp chars were talking on admin channel. not exactly hard to follow.You are of course right, I should have at least muted Trade Channel. And it seems I should change the color of the Adminchannel to notice it a bit more.
But getting speechbubbles for RP Texts in different color above the Rp Charakters would still be nice - its really hard to to locate them, even if you know they must somewhere in this bulk of people.

JoshCooper
06-05-13, 14:33
From the screenshots it looks like they were still talking in local sometimes. For example on http://forum.neocron-game.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12269&d=1367800943 you can see AJ West has spoke in local so if you muted local you would infact miss parts.
Having a channel they always use would prove easier.