PDA

View Full Version : Story Moving & Missing ingame elements

Deus Ex Machina
05-05-13, 16:51
As we heard in the Neocast the nice Dev Team gets the Story moving again it seems.
I know that is reported in the bug section already, but how does the reactivating of the ingame forums (faction / clan), that help quite a bit with faction relations, come along?
And of course the voting for faction representatives?
(And, not connected to the issue: the Turrets?)

SilentEye
06-05-13, 11:26
As we heard in the Neocast
Sorry to be off topic, but this line makes me so happy :D

William Antrim
06-05-13, 11:46
The faction representatives need a rework in my opinion. They had no power and no visibility. They would have been better as players like in nc1. The faction forums need a huge rewrite as from what I remember they were pointless and full of spam. Noone knew how old the posts there were so noone knew what was current and what was ancient news. They need a rl time stamp on them at the very least. If both features had a radical overhaul I would be happy to see them return.

I would rather see the roles be turned over to runners than "officials" though. It just makes the ebb and flow of the story more real. The official chars - well the next one at least that I got to meet - was useless and a bit of a tool honestly.

Deus Ex Machina
06-05-13, 11:57
Just to clarify, I am talking about the runner representatives. They had no power too, but they were voted for by runners. Which was then announced in the faction forums (which managed to put up a lot of spam, but also made it a bit easier figuring out how old something was.). Since some time the voting goes on but is never finished.
My guess is, that it is connected with the missing faction forum, since the voting cannot be announced, but I don't know the code of course.

Doc Holliday
06-05-13, 13:24
I was nominated for faction chairman on tangent tech in nc1 on uranus. I was so proud. Then i got sick and tired of the carebear clan i was in and said fuck this and moved. then i lost a lot of votes ;)

I would love to see faction chair people again. I think it would add some depth to the RP of it all. BD/TS can have gang leaders. Crahns could be be High Priest or something similar. TG could be Supreme commander of what ever. The corporations could be CEO (TT,BT etc) and CA could be the Governor-general. Did i miss any?