PDA

View Full Version : Give the steppes back to Horrors/Brutes and make them viable to hunt again

eNTi
04-05-13, 23:33
ATM they drop like crap. granted their ai would need a slight rework since they get easily stuck within trees. but even more pointless are the countless doy units cluttering those zones. they really should be "thrown out" by the real masters of the steppes. decayed horrors and brutes.

Ivan Eres
04-05-13, 23:44
I also think Doy Units should be removed. They are cluttering up the zone lines. It sucks to aim them. The loot is bad.
I read here they where added for a storyline once? Reminds me of that stupid snow that was patched in for Christmas 2005/2006 ...

I loved hunting brutes and horrors on my very first char in 2004. It was a melee tank, and although hunting them was very difficult even back then with a melee tank it was a lot of fun. So:

/signed

J@ck on Cr@ck
04-05-13, 23:54
I totally agree!
Zones harboring horrors/brutes usually are also home to all kinds of doy units, hooverbombers and other nasty mobs.
This makes it very annoying and not at all viable to hunt horrors/brutes.
This would create an alternative to hunting fire mobs or warbots.

Jack Slater
05-05-13, 00:15
I dislike those DoY-units, too. They aren't too dangerous but pretty annoying since they always come in groups if one is pulled and the most powerfull ones are hardest to aim. You can sniper a tiny houndbot on max range with the Special Forces Plasma Wave but DoY Artillery Unit is only aimable on the last bit of the lower end of its model.
So putting them back in front of the dome or fixing their hitbox would be nice.

This would create an alternative to hunting fire mobs or warbots.
Decayed mobs are firemobs.

J@ck on Cr@ck
05-05-13, 00:32
Decayed mobs are firemobs.

Not in my universe! :D
This will draw people away from the usual hunting grounds and spread them more across the map.

William Antrim
05-05-13, 12:20
Decayed mobs are biological yes and have a fire attack but they are not firemobs. Gabanium mine still has a decent spawn for them if anyone wants to hunt them now but yes I agree with the thread starter. They need to repopulate.

Torg
06-05-13, 11:45
in support of the OP: the steppes used to be a lower mid range hunting area, easier while less rewarding. in an attempt to make this area more suitable for capped citizens, the elder gods of neocron added doy units, doy troops and hoverbots. could we please have those moved to the far north-east, at the gates of the dome? please, newer gods of neocron, please?