PDA

View Full Version : [00873][#R181] Beam weapon hit calculation on mobs

eNTi
28-04-13, 21:06
i'm hunting with a ravager and i found, that whenever i target a mob and the hit box moves out of my crosshair just before i shoot, the consecutive beams won't hit the target if i move the crosshair back into the hit box and the firing animation shows a clear hit on the target. this is different from the animation that shows a miss.

on the other hand the two consecutive beams always seem to hit a target (regardless if any one of the beams is actually a calculated miss), if i just shoot at the right moment when the crosshair is within the hit box and the hit box moves away from the crosshair while the other two beams go off. unless of course the hit box loses line of sight (los).

there's also some weird issues with los when hit calculations are made. if the center of a hit box is obstructed, your beams will never hit, even though there's huge junks of the rest of the body in clear los. you can't fire at the head of a mob it seems. it always auto targets the center. that's kind of bad, but i suppose that's one way (albeit a bad one) to counter the abysmal ai.