PDA

View Full Version : Game Performance

Mozencrath
22-04-13, 18:26
Hey does anyone know what settings other than the ingame detail settings can be modified to give better FPS? I have a great video card but even on lowest detail I still get mouselag when the FPS dips below 60....I know the INIs are editable but I don't know which fields and files to edit....Thanks.

[TgR]KILLER
22-04-13, 19:15
IMHO thats normal :) some people can get 90+ but they get wierd lag and fps lags..

I have a powerfull pc to but also get around 60 FPS or sometimes a bit less.. its Neocron.. its a feature ;)

eNTi
22-04-13, 19:15
ye the game tanks pretty hard sometimes. especially in caves when you hit multiple targets with aoe... i think the decals (e.g. blood spatters, rocket impact, ...) are to blame big time for that. also neocron can utilize only one cpu and does so heavily. i sadly don't have anything to say ot really. i just don't know, but my mouse generally stays responsive. maybe try windowed mode?

ulx
22-04-13, 19:19
Hey does anyone know what settings other than the ingame detail settings can be modified to give better FPS? I have a great video card but even on lowest detail I still get mouselag when the FPS dips below 60....I know the INIs are editable but I don't know which fields and files to edit....Thanks.

I guess ur running an ati card with gcn architecture. Ive got the same Problem. Actually its not rly a Problem^^ Its just the Clocks dropping down to desktop idle settings. So basically the driver doesnt really recognize neocron as a 3d application or whatever^^
Havent got a solution yet either tho=P
maybe sth that can be fixed by the dev team...
or maybe a driver issue...

greetz, ulx

edit:

clocks of 300/150 even make a 7970 studder

edit2:

btw if i alt-tab and back the game runs at solid 60 fps until the clocks go down again