PDA

View Full Version : Clarification on Clan Rank Names

Faid
22-04-13, 03:49
I received a mail in-game today which stated I needed to change some of the clan ranks because they were offensive. It seems that we are not allowed to use profanity in ranks anymore. We had a few with the word "Fuck" in them. One of the ranks I was told to change was "Dont fuck with McDuck" I was wondering how that was offensive to anyone, or is it just because the word fuck is in it? None of our ranks are insulting to any specific person, it just seems like they were flagged because of the word fuck.

So are we as a community allowed to use the word Fuck? And if we're not, how far does the censorship go? Are other words of profanity not accepted? There seems to be some confusion over this matter because there are numerous NPC's with the word fuck in their scripts. Their are strippers and prostitutes in a red light district advertising sex. There's even an emote for the word fuck.

I would just like some clarification on what is allowed now regarding that particular word.

demonssword
22-04-13, 09:44
STD had a load of names that were just STDs like "Herpies" and "Full blown aids" and they were all changed as well or so I am told.

Others like someone had "Alpha Gay" I believe may have been changed as well, and might have been yourself faid, but i cant remember.

Either way the rules here (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?146857-Neocron-2-2-Rules-of-Conduct) say

2.Generally, you may not use any offensive or sexually explicit language. You may use such language in a roleplaying context. But be aware of the fact that in a possible verbal harassment situation. The Support Staff will assume a non-roleplaying situation, if in doubt.

3.You may not use any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable language toward any other player. The same exceptions and regulations as for rule #2 apply.

eNTi
22-04-13, 11:02
even though i don't agree with censorship, i also do understand why they are so strict with those rules. there's bound to be someone who's offended by that and causes troubles. it doesn't matter if that person is exaggerating or stupid for doing it. it just causes problems that can be easily averted. every single person can cause a lot of work for the devs who should really be focusing on making the game better instead of defending stupid clan/nick/rank-names envisioned by some want-to-be-funny kids.

the whole "it's role playing" excuse is just bullshit too, because let's face it, if we were really role playing a dark and grim future ridden by factional warfare, no one in his right mind would call themselves after sexual diseases. if you think you are funny, think again. it's childish and it's meant to ridicule your opponents. i'm fine by that, whatever, but some might not and that causes pointless problems that turn into a giant waste of time for everyone. go troll your mothers (in law).

its just not worth the hassle, get over it and let it go. PLEASE.

p.s.: sxr's you really suck, because you never tip. so at least you stay true to your name.

netster
22-04-13, 11:14
p.s.: sxr's you really suck, because you never tip.
i cannot confirm both of your claims. no bjs on RP + they tip me poking & csting quite well.

Faid
22-04-13, 16:50
This is why I would like some clarification from the GM's as to what we can and cannot say or make a clan rank. Please don't quate me the official rules, I have read them on many occasions and according to them 90% of the things in game are or could be considered illegal.

I am aware that there is some lee-way regarding whats acceptable or not. The rank "don't fuck with McDuck" was specifically made for a player named Scrooge McDuck, that was his motto and he requested the name himself. I would just like to know how that is offensive to anyone else? Unless its simply because of the word fuck which, as I pointed out earlier, is used extensively everywhere throughout this game.

Some clarification would be appreciated.

flib
22-04-13, 20:15
Others like someone had "Alpha Gay" I believe may have been changed as well, and might have been yourself faid, but i cant remember.Let me get this straight: someone was not allowed to have a title indicating gayness? [ edited ]

This paints a pretty ugly picture; I hope someone will shed some light that clears things up.

Arzon
22-04-13, 20:19
This game was rated 16+ on release, even wow has a lower are rating, and allows use of language.. Better start removing pepper park, and the other clubs in the game neocron devs, or at least tell black lily to put on some damn underwear, and the boobs and guns woman to put on a shirt.

These revitalization of neocron was supposed to fix the game, and make it better, so far at it has done, is made LESS classes viable, and added a nanny who will put you in time out if you say a bad word.

Fuck this game.. have fun playing what will soon be hello kitty online, with plasma weapons. Best of luck all.

zii
22-04-13, 20:30
Really I see no problem with don't fuck with MrDuck! What happens if i want to role play a gay biker on acid? ...

My first and last character on WOW was named FukBuddy. She did not last long.

And finally, my main on char on Titan is a girl. What happens if she comes out as a lesbian and starts hitting on other girls : Will she be banned? She may use sexually explicit language and actions :rolleyes:

Trivaldi
22-04-13, 20:31
We'll have an update for you as soon as we can. This situation is currently under internal review and has been since early this morning.

zii
22-04-13, 20:41
... because let's face it, if we were really role playing a dark and grim future ridden by factional warfare, no one in his right mind would call themselves after sexual diseases.

Yeah right. So why would they do it here ... ;P ::lol:

P.S The nick name for the Boeing B-52 Stratofortress was Big, Ugly Fat F*****

demonssword
22-04-13, 22:05
I would just like to know how that is offensive to anyone else?

I take offense at the idea of a beloved billionaire cartoon duck who wears no trousers getting molested... ;P

DigestiveBiscui
23-04-13, 01:05
All i can say from STD's point of view is that it was the most retarded thing i've seen since i came back

Doc Holliday
23-04-13, 03:08
reading some of the clan ranks for std posted here, i have to admit i think they were pretty retarded. not to mention immature. dont fuck with mcduck is a good one though. its catchy.

Arista Barret
23-04-13, 10:50
Faid....stop carebearing the game up and join the fight to bring back the real NC.

lol. The game has pussy pics in pepper park and you cant say FUCK?

Trivaldi
23-04-13, 12:05
The use of bad language in general is not what is in question here. Bad language is indeed part of the game and part of the atmosphere. You're not going to get banned for dropping curse words here and there. What you will get banned for is extreme uses of abuse language as laid out in the rules (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?149863-In-Game-Chat-Moderation). Especially if that is used to harass individuals.

To address some of the OPs questions directly.

So are we as a community allowed to use the word Fuck?
Yes. Within the Rules of Conduct (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?146857-Neocron-2-2-Rules-of-Conduct), Chat Policy (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?149863-In-Game-Chat-Moderation) and Forum Rules (http://forum.neocron-game.com/announcement.php?f=149&a=433).

[snip]how far does the censorship go? Are other words of profanity not accepted?
Rules of Conduct (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?146857-Neocron-2-2-Rules-of-Conduct). Chat Policy (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?149863-In-Game-Chat-Moderation). Forum Rules (http://forum.neocron-game.com/announcement.php?f=149&a=433).

I would just like some clarification on what is allowed now regarding that particular word.
As I've said above, you're not going to get banned for uttering the word Fuck in game. However that doesnt mean you can verbally abuse or harass someone, just because we allow swearing. That last point isn't directed at the OP but included for clarity.

I received a mail in-game today which stated I needed to change some of the clan ranks because they were offensive. It seems that we are not allowed to use profanity in ranks anymore. We had a few with the word "Fuck" in them. One of the ranks I was told to change was "Dont fuck with McDuck" I was wondering how that was offensive to anyone, or is it just because the word fuck is in it? None of our ranks are insulting to any specific person, it just seems like they were flagged because of the word fuck.
The use of curse words in Clan Names and Clan Ranks is what I am getting information on. I hope to be able to deliver that information soon. This matter is still being discussed internally.

Arista Barret
23-04-13, 12:23
And what of the age-old tradition of shittalking you enemies? How about people learn to use the ignore function? It takes alot to be good at shittalking and i find it great to read and partake. We cannot allow carebears to bann people because they got their feelings hurt. Ignore those who offend you and stop enforcing blanket rules onto everyone else. The remedy should be specific to the source. The source is butthurt sensitive people who have an ignore function.

Clan ranks? If it is personally offensive to a particular person this might be a issue. Name your rank....Arista Barret is a cock and I would be highly honored. Id love to see that. So let the guy who is offended complain to a GM tbh.

demonssword
23-04-13, 12:29
lol. The game has pussy pics in pepper park and you cant say FUCK?

Even better, if you go in to DOY you have posters with "FUCK REZA!" on them.

TBH some of this stinks of pushing the boundaries just to find out where the boundary is. I personally don't shit talk people in OOC and stuff often, however a lot of my clan mates do. In a lot of cases you could argue the case of "It's not slander if its true." stuff in what some people say.

For instance if you learn that a particular clan always falls apart if a certain player or couple of players aren't on or die in an op fight. Then you can rightly call out that they are shit without XXX on their team.
Or if a particular clan only fights when they have 2X+ the numbers of who ever they are going against yet clans to fight under a banner of only wanting a good fight. If they then lose in a 15vs7 fight I think the 7 have earned the right to call them out on it as well.
Or if a clan claims it has a bedtime of 10-11pm because its members have work tomorrow, but this only seems to apply when they are losing. If they are winning they have gone to 1am before on a weeknight.

As I have said before the TeamSpeak server of STD is much more of a battleground than what gets onto OOC with us shit talking about each other, especially when I blow up our own guys with a revenge, even if taking down 2-3 enemies at the same time. But we will also be dissing other clans during the fights we have on voice coms as well.

SOOOO on to the clan ranks bit. Many ranks aren't offensive even if they contain swearwords or names of diseases or whatever, and as I said before with the rules saying that you cant use any sexually explicit language in a game full of hookers, prostitutes, drug dealing and taking, gambling open gang violence.
Its just a thing were the rules need a looking at and sensible amendments or modifications to the rules may need to be made. It was probably the case that before they couldn't sell the game or charge a sub fee for games containing XYZ things in them.
Much like the Australian video gaming commission ended up leaving a load of games "unrated" what meant you couldn't actually buy a copy of the game or import it in to their country. I think some of the games were like GTA or something equally weak.
So some of these rules may have been their just to satisfy gaming regulatory committees at the time.

phunqe
23-04-13, 12:36
I remember an official answer back in the old days that clan ranks were basically "FFA", but that might have changed now.

Arista Barret
23-04-13, 12:43
self edited for fear of banhammer

eNTi
23-04-13, 13:08
Let me get this straight: someone was not allowed to have a title indicating gayness? Wow, looks like Germany learned nothing from World War II! (or too much)

This paints a pretty ugly picture; I hope someone will shed some light that clears things up.
believe it or not, but calling someone gay who isn't, is considered an actual offense. in case you living on the moon or something you might not have realized that a lot of words, that are not "swear words" in their own right, are used to insult people. context is important and if you don't realize that you should try and pull your head out of your arse. there's rainbow world and there's reality and the devs/mods have to deal with reality [ edited ]

flib
23-04-13, 13:29
believe it or not, but calling someone gay who isn't, is considered an actual offense. in case you living on the moon or something you might not have realized that a lot of words, that are not "swear words" in their own right, are used to insult people. context is important and if you don't realize that you should try and pull your head out of your arse. there's rainbow world and there's reality and the devs/mods have to deal with reality [ edited ]

I don't get it. How is having a rank title with "gay" in it calling someone gay? Unless the clan member is having that rank forced upon them, but even then, I don't know why they wouldn't just leave the clan at that point.

eNTi
23-04-13, 14:56
I don't get it. How is having a rank title with "gay" in it calling someone gay? Unless the clan member is having that rank forced upon them, but even then, I don't know why they wouldn't just leave the clan at that point.
for sake of the argument i'öö give you the benefit of the doubt of being really that naive, or maybe you're just trying to play extra dumb to make a point. whatever the case, they are clearly using those titles to get some kind of reaction from people and it obviously works. they are trolling their enemies by "calling themselves names". it's a very prevalent pvp mentality. it's rather childish and displays utter disregard to anyone who really is (in this case) gay. it shows a general lack of respect. even if this is NOT the case many people will see it that way and the devs should not have to waste their time defending themselves because some idiots cant keep their dicks in their pants. would you rather have them discuss thoses non-issues or squash bugs?

Kame
23-04-13, 15:58
This is utter bullshit.

I can understand it's not allowed to insult/harrass people with in-game comms, but disallowing Clan Ranks like "hepatitis and AIDS", is not only completely ridiculous, it's falling outside of the scope of your ROC.

Nowhere in there does it state "real-world disease's name" as being target of language restrictions.

That anybody can find that offensive and reports is obviously the part where harassment happens, you guys (DEV team) are really short-sighted if you don't see the big picture.

Seeing how you want to police Player Editable game content doesn't help anyone acheive anything, you're simply wasting everyone's time, and helping some players harrass others in the process.

You should really retract on you current moderation position, it's OK to be wrong and to admit it.

Man up FFS.

flib
23-04-13, 16:02
for sake of the argument i'öö give you the benefit of the doubt of being really that naive, or maybe you're just trying to play extra dumb to make a point. whatever the case, they are clearly using those titles to get some kind of reaction from people and it obviously works. they are trolling their enemies by "calling themselves names". it's a very prevalent pvp mentality. it's rather childish and displays utter disregard to anyone who really is (in this case) gay. it shows a general lack of respect. even if this is NOT the case many people will see it that way and the devs should not have to waste their time defending themselves because some idiots cant keep their dicks in their pants. would you rather have them discuss thoses non-issues or squash bugs?

Okay I think I'm starting to get it, but still, there needs to be a line drawn somewhere.

eNTi
23-04-13, 16:33
This is utter bullshit.

I can understand it's not allowed to insult/harrass people with in-game comms, but disallowing Clan Ranks like "hepatitis and AIDS", is not only completely ridiculous, it's falling outside of the scope of your ROC.

Nowhere in there does it state "real-world disease's name" as being target of language restrictions.

That anybody can find that offensive and reports is obviously the part where harassment happens, you guys (DEV team) are really short-sighted if you don't see the big picture.

Seeing how you want to police Player Editable game content doesn't help anyone acheive anything, you're simply wasting everyone's time, and helping some players harrass others in the process.

You should really retract on you current moderation position, it's OK to be wrong and to admit it.

Man up FFS.
or... how about you GROW UP and just don't cross certain lines, that every adult has long since figured out and has no need to test out any more like some punk ass teenager? there's simply no benefit to being rude for the sake of being pain in the ass. i really only care for the devs limited time. i don't mind punk ass stupid teenager behavior. i've accepted it as a part of life. also, you can't play any pvp oriented game without stumbling about this crap.

Okay I think I'm starting to get it, but still, there needs to be a line drawn somewhere.
i don't think you really can define that line. i'd use common sense and in harsh cases just expect a (temp) ban. because some people always try to outdo others in every aspect. even in being stupid cunts.

since we are already doing this, i can only stress that people need to moderate themselves to a sane degree and i know how hard that is the testosterone driven pvp community.

Nidhogg
23-04-13, 16:51

Look, contrary to popular belief we do have some standards. There may be some discussion to be had with regards to occasional profanity but we're not going to tolerate material like that.

ulx
23-04-13, 17:17
Well, on the one hand its good to see, that the times of ooc going WAY overboard are prone to be over (During times where it seemed noone cared what happened on the servers).
I think we all have seen shit spoken out during the darker days of NC that definately didnt belong there, however, Warnings should only apply with individuals being offended.
The clanranks of STD seemed to me like the perfectly normal MoFo Bullcrap we are (should be) used by nc.
And whoever called himself alpha gay surely is fine with his own gayness and censoring that implies the Censor has his own issues with gayness...xD
Anyways, this will most likely lead to even more trouble if crap like that is being censored already.
It will just encourage troublemakers to seek for every bit of going overboard by individuals (which they want to get banned ofc).
I have a few names in mind there already...
And btw imo Kids shouldnt be playing this game^^ A lot of us were Kids when we played Neocron back then, but i wonder if theres really children playing this game.
However, some ppl never grow up...especially in a GAME.

my 2 cents

greetz, ulx

edit: Actually when do i get a pm to change my sig for being offensive?^^

Kame
23-04-13, 17:45
Ok not trolling, I'm just trying to grasp your general logic here, so we can avoid to have you guys waste more time with us.

What part of hepatitis is "wrong by your standards" ?

gstyle40
23-04-13, 19:10
this is all said in my Steven A Smith voice...those of u who dont know who that is, youtube him

ok, so "alpha gay" and "dont fuck with mcduck" ok sooooo "ALPHA GAY" in context means essentially king gay. he's calling himself king of the gays. that i guess would offend someone who thinks THEY are in fact the king of gays. point taken, faid changed his clanrank.

Now "dont fuck with mcduck"...hmmm the words dont, with, and mcduck are all words that by themselves wouldnt/shouldnt offend anyone, would everyone agree? I mean they are words when used by themselves mean almost nothing. but when a verb or action word is added, it now gives the phrase an actual meaning. The word used in this case is "fuck" now everyone knows the word "fuck" is slang for sex. In nc the word sex is intertwined into the core parts of the game world. There's a sex emote, same for a fuck emote. Sex is the universal greeting in NC! but does "dont SEX with mcduck" and dont FUCK with mcduck" mean the same thing? OF COURSE NOT!!! So context is what we are lookng for here. So am I wrong to assume that the GM who found the clanrank offensive just didnt understand the term in question? Because the ONLY person who could EVER be offended by "dont FUCK with MCDUCK" would be scrooge mcduck who OH BY THE WAY asked for the clan rank himself :/

the defense rest!

eNTi
23-04-13, 20:01
i actually find "don't fuck with mcduck" quite clever. it's not even offensive in any way shape or form. this is not even borderline offensive. regarding "alpha gay" i guess people in the gay community more often than not choose to be offended, because they want to be offended. just my thoughts on that.
even though i find THOSE phrases utterly harmless, i find it odd to call yourself like sexual diseases. this is rather disgusting and is simply devoid of taste. by that, i can clearly understand why it's below a certain standard... and it causes everyone a headache. now instead of getting bug fixes, proper balance and updated visuals, we get long discussions if something might be appropriate or not. pick your poison...

Strife
23-04-13, 22:01
The STD clan ranks werent really meant to be witter or clever, they just fit with the theme of the clan acronym. I'm fine with "rotting vagina" not being allowed as a clan rank because it's just gross, i'm not fine with clan ranks being changed because a naughty word was in them.

demonssword
24-04-13, 11:42
My guess is the STD names thing falls under this rule

1. You may not harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to another player.

Someone who has the condition may feel like we are mocking them by having that as a rank.

As for other names...
"Captain-Sausage Jockey" I would say is as bad as "Alpha Gay", if "Alpha Gay" was considered taboo. As are ranks like "Deep Throat", "Im the clans fluffer" & "BUKKAKE RECIEVER" all in FF. Sorry for picking on FF again but you have enough quick ones to target ATM while SXR seem to have vanished what had such gems as "I like my face un-fucked" & more notable on this topic "Dont fuck with Mcduck" what as I satirically pointed out I didn't want to imagine a beloved Disney character having sex, but in the terminology used it would imply that you shouldn't 'mess with' or 'annoy' McDuck.

IF a line needs to be drawn on this it needs to be a straight line rather than the current one that seems to curve around and randomly pick on some while ignoring others that could seem to be equally offensive. Though I cant see that some are offensive that have been given a slap on the wrist for.

Faid
24-04-13, 16:42
Any word on the clarification of clan rank cans and cannots Triv?

Nidhogg
24-04-13, 16:52
We'll reply formally as soon as we can. It's not been forgotten (far from it).

Trivaldi
24-04-13, 16:53
Any word on the clarification of clan rank cans and cannots Triv?
Not as yet. Discussions are still under way regarding the best way to move forward for everyone involved. Should we decide to publish any changes, they need to be as clear cut as possible to reduce any support overhead. Less time dealing with this kind of thing going forward = more time for development.

EDIT: Or what Nid said ;)

Faid
24-04-13, 17:57
Thanks for the reply guys. I just want to be clear on what is acceptable. The ingame mail was quite accusatory as if we were purposely breaking the rules.

PsiCorps
24-04-13, 18:02
When Neocron starts preaching the merits and encouraging safe sex is when I believe STD clan ranks are unacceptable.

I think eNTI is so mad about the ranks purely out of hatred of the people, not the ranks.
This is the kind of 'bending of the rules catering for player harassment' which DemonSword is hinting about.

Kame
24-04-13, 18:37
(...) i find it odd to call yourself like sexual diseases. this is rather disgusting and is simply devoid of taste. by that, i can clearly understand why it's below a certain standard... (...)

Now following Enti's logic, names such as "landmines" should also be disallowed, because landmine's usage are internationally viewed as a Crime of War and they are nasty devices and ... blablabla

By now you must get the point.

I don't understand why a NPC such a Bukkake-Girl-in-OZ-Church can be, yet a clan rank like hepatitis cannot.

Things such as :
"I'm catholic and a girl receiving bukkake in a "church" is completely against my beliefs and I view this as offensive, both on a sexual and religious point of view".

Clearly what is going on here is that part of the player base complains about systematically everything an enemy clan does, that includes making false hack accusation, ROC breach accusations, and so on.

The worst about it is that the DEV team gives in to those demands, efficiently helping certain clans harrass other clans. There seems to be a lack of judgement somewhere guys, as giving in any/every whinners/enemy clan harrassers demand is simply stupid.

eNTi
24-04-13, 21:25
i'm not even in a clan and i don't care for the names. i don't find them offensive, just stupid. i know that there are people who will take offence and complain. you clearly are coming across like a bunch of teenagers who think it's cool to give yourself stupid and probably offensive name, title, whatever.

you are making a fuss and to what end?

you are taking away precious time from development. it comes just after cheating and exploiting. it's a pointless waste of everyone's time and that is the really offensive thing. you are nitpicking about rules, wordings and perceptions, which might just be more trolling. why can't you enjoy a free meal while not shitting on the free meal of others?

HkyPnky
24-04-13, 21:35
Not as yet. Discussions are still under way regarding the best way to move forward for everyone involved. Should we decide to publish any changes, they need to be as clear cut as possible to reduce any support overhead. Less time dealing with this kind of thing going forward = more time for development.

EDIT: Or what Nid said ;)

This has happened to several clans not just STD.

I just want to make a friendly reminder.. There are pictures of Vagina's opening and closing all over pepper park. Breasts and skimpy underwear are worn on NPC's.

Mr Jones quests as well as many other quests in-game use the words Fuck and sex and even bukakke. ETC ETC.

I know this game is rated 16+ but its already build with content that makes it 18+.

I understand some names may be outlandish but EX:"Don't fuck with mcduck" and some others I doubt should be removed.

Now I agree with some rework of specific names; just don't forget we are in 2755 and curtsy is a long out the window. Its a brutal badlands filled with spiteful (npc's) and bad air. Who would be happy and not spew profanity in an environment like this...

Edit: I do agree that personal attacks are not welcome in NC. You don't threaten someone's family in real life.

PsiCorps
24-04-13, 22:14
i'm not even in a clan and i don't care for the names. i don't find them offensive, just stupid. i know that there are people who will take offence and complain. you clearly are coming across like a bunch of teenagers who think it's cool to give yourself stupid and probably offensive name, title, whatever.

you are making a fuss and to what end?

you are taking away precious time from development. it comes just after cheating and exploiting. it's a pointless waste of everyone's time and that is the really offensive thing. you are nitpicking about rules, wordings and perceptions, which might just be more trolling. why can't you enjoy a free meal while not shitting on the free meal of others?

Don't make out like we are 'trolling' with these names.
The acronym was born with having disease like ranks.

The only reason time is being taken away from development to change ranks is not our fault/problem. They have just imposed these half cooked rules for whom they please. Note we have had these titles since we started on Titan - without a single word or warning.

So with all due respect; shut up about things you clearly know nothing about.

eNTi
24-04-13, 22:23
Don't make out like we are 'trolling' with these names.
The acronym was born with having disease like ranks.

The only reason time is being taken away from development to change ranks is not our fault/problem. They have just imposed these half cooked rules for whom they please. Note we have had these titles since we started on Titan - without a single word or warning.

So with all due respect; shut up about things you clearly know nothing about.
you clearly took those names with either no thought at all, or you wanted to piss some people off. either way you had it coming. i say it again. i don't care for the names, i really don't. i care that you are making a fuss about them, when you should know better (be it from historical facts) that they could possibly get you into trouble. now you got your trouble and you're refusing to accept how the rules are interpreted. you are shitting on everyone's head because you think your stupid names are more important than development time.

demonssword
24-04-13, 22:30
Actually Faid of SXR brought up the topic I was the one who commented first that STD was also affected by the same thing however as far as I know we were not asked to change, but all of them were just changed to "I WAS HERE", and that other clans are or were or maybe will be as well.

Dundonian
24-04-13, 22:56
Its pretty simple situation as always the jealous idiots on the server complained about STD ranks so it starts off a Vicious circle and now everyone reports insulting ranks and its complete BS that the GM's are now saying er well some may be ok.......lol....... its Simple you remove all of it!! seriously you put in a rule and enforce it stick to your guns tbh.

Strife
24-04-13, 23:19
Enti please stop posting unintelligent drivel.

PsiCorps
25-04-13, 02:57
you clearly took those names with either no thought at all, or you wanted to piss some people off. either way you had it coming. i say it again. i don't care for the names, i really don't. i care that you are making a fuss about them, when you should know better (be it from historical facts) that they could possibly get you into trouble. now you got your trouble and you're refusing to accept how the rules are interpreted. you are shitting on everyone's head because you think your stupid names are more important than development time.

The only person making a fuss here is you.

The assumption was that if there's a clan called PUSSY with very vulgar clan ranks - ours wouldn't cause waves.

We've not bitched and complained - we dealt with it.

Arista Barret
25-04-13, 08:30
Bump. This is an important issue. We cannot allow the game to be ruined any longer by carebears and over sensitive people. Personal harassment by using real life methods should be against rules, nothing else. Any references made in game are fine. And lets please not pretend that this has nothing to do with people just hating on certain clans. This is how it has been for years and years. No more Carebears making decisions that hurt the game as a whole. We are hardcore. If you dont like it, play WoW.

SilentEye
25-04-13, 10:17
Bump. This is an important issue. We cannot allow the game to be ruined any longer by carebears and over sensitive people. No more Carebears making decisions that hurt the game as a whole. We are hardcore. If you dont like it, play WoW.
You and everyone that shares your opinion will have to come to terms that the shape of this game will not be determined only by those with the same opinion as you.

There are more 'carebears' than you realize and their voice will weigh just as much whether you like it or not.

You'll have to come to terms with these facts, the game is not meant for only your kind and it's very childish to spout things such as "if you don't like it, play wow". This just shows your immaturity which will hinder even further your intention to voice your opinion.

If you don't understand why, then you proof again that you are simply too immature :rolleyes:

Ivan Eres
25-04-13, 11:09
Bump. This is an important issue. We cannot allow the game to be ruined any longer by carebears and over sensitive people. Personal harassment by using real life methods should be against rules, nothing else. Any references made in game are fine. And lets please not pretend that this has nothing to do with people just hating on certain clans. This is how it has been for years and years. No more Carebears making decisions that hurt the game as a whole. We are hardcore. If you dont like it, play WoW.

Flamebait, anyone ?

demonssword
25-04-13, 11:10
You and everyone that shares your opinion will have to come to terms that the shape of this game will not be determined only by those with the same opinion as you.

There are more 'carebears' than you realize and their voice will weigh just as much whether you like it or not.

*Wonders how long till our guns are replaced by walkie talkies*
http://youtu.be/Z_jl3OVE6hY?t=24s
http://youtu.be/TheDCyeGiEI?t=1m11s
*Grumbles about "Damn carebears ruining things...."*
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/96/ET1982.jpg

*Walks off in to the distance mumbling stuff about "Witch hunts" and "Scape Goats"*

eNTi
25-04-13, 11:12
umad brah?

Trivaldi
25-04-13, 11:29
This thread is closed until we provide an update. Clarification will be delivered within the next three to four days.