PDA

View Full Version : [00840][R#181] Fix City Mercs Research Missions

Jest
10-04-13, 16:27
Doing CM research missions is such a nightmare that it absolutely has to be considered a bug.

9 out of 10 times the NPC who gives you your item is in the retail area, meaning you need to leave the HQ, go up a level, and walk down the stairs into the retail area to get the item. If nothing else I feel that the two NPCs in the retail level should at least be relocated to somewhere in the faction HQ.

You could theoretically cancel the mission and try again but you will lose faction sympathy and only have a 1 in 10 chance of getting the close NPC. (Unless I just had terrible luck). I'm not sure if TL matters but these were all done with the level 80 research missions. As it stands this makes doing CM research missions next to pointless.

Dirus
10-04-13, 18:04
Mission level wouldn't matter, it's the NPC it's self that's the issue. It should be a quick and easy fix.

eNTi
10-04-13, 18:05
lol wtf bbq...i found even bt research missions unbearable and you only had to run a few secs.

demonssword
10-04-13, 18:42
There is a good lore reason why the CM missions are like this....

Cos they are men...

Big men....

You need to prove your manliness by doing manly things...

Manly things like run a marathon or kill stuff...

Kill stuff like sewer beas....

:P

Jest
10-04-13, 18:43
lol wtf bbq...i found even bt research missions unbearable and you only had to run a few secs.
Yah, it is brutal. Even when you get the NPC right next to the city com you still have to run through 3 doors to turn the mission in which itself is longer than any other faction I've seen. But having to run upstairs to get the item is bug level horrible.

gstyle40
11-04-13, 14:47
yes its always been this way....and to think there are actually people who did it all the way from 10 symp to 100 :D