PDA

View Full Version : leveling guides?

remington
10-04-13, 03:05
Hi I played way back and loved the game then and I am back.
I am looking for a guide that explains where to go for leveling, from beginner to cap, AOE and Singletarget. I just got to the MB but I want to do more aoe like the spider storage. the small 6/6 spiders were great from first aoe drone to lvl 60 dex but now I think they will be grey?

remington
10-04-13, 03:06
hey to pluto server peeple

Dropout
10-04-13, 03:12
Sounds like you're a droner.. Go to El Farid and AoE away.

demonssword
10-04-13, 10:57
Preaty much start off your character as normal.

AOE or Single target if you have to spare money then buy research cube missions or make them on an alt and hand them in till you get maybe 20-40 in all stats base is my recommendation.
If you need to get your loyalty up first then v-easy recycle missions actually make you money even if you buy the chems from the vendors in your HQ, though remember CM and TG ones are very annoying as they are sometimes broken and other times just a very very long run. Because of this I normally recommend starting as FA*, TSU, TT*, BT, BD, CS, NEXT*... cos most of them are quick and easy and the ones I put * by the name of you get a nice prize from the epic you can sell and make a load of money from before switching to the faction you like later in game.

If your a droner then don't bother with drones till you get your first AOE drone as they are all a waste of time, but once you hit your first MR or RG what is 27-28dex I think then go hit some sewers or if you can get a friendly PPU or hope that LV1 is clear then you could pop down to Regants or El-Farid and hide on behind the boxes or on the roof and not need the PPU anymore unless you die. Either way you will be staying here till you cap as a droner and that is kinda it.

Regants fortress is a nice spot just north of the GR there is a nice crop of mutants, butchys and other mid to high level mobs and not many people level there so you have the spawn to yourself.
Or
Many of the sewers and sidestreets have good low level mobs to kill that respawn quickly, including if you go to DOY you can go in to Sector 5 Sidestreet and fight Decommissioned Cyborg GD305 Lv 56/56 and are Melee mobs, but since they were made they walk about 1 tile an minute so no challenge to walk away from and nice xp for effort, though don't drop any good loots so you will run out of ammo if you use it. This makes the place good for single target on an APU though as you wont run out of ammo as you don't use it.

Other options include the aggy celler in p1 where you can pick up hard missions to kill aggressor captins and generally deal with them with no problems and get a bit of XP on all stats.

Going on to mid levels once again MB bunker is a nice place, has some good mobs and if you didn't use the res cubes to get some of the stats up you don't get gains for then this place is extra nice as you can just run in and out of MB getting the missions to kill launchers.

With warbots being a bit more tricky now since they changed aiming you can have some problems with them if your not careful or using a nice long range rifle or heavy weapon, but its worth doing if you can hack or have a hacker with you to get the techs you can sell easy enough in NC trade for 40-60k each. And with a drop rate of about 1 in 3 then you can make good money very fast with this. Several zones are recommended for warbots, but I-09 and Battledome are normally in good use.

Firemobs are the same story though don't need a hacker. Just make sure you are near walls when fighting them as you can duck behind them when they shoot you to avoid the damage on some occasions. Again these are high level mobs and drop techs, the only problems being that they normally comb in mid to large size groups, and you need to know what things to kill in what order to allow you to still get the techs. Maybe even getting several mobs to low health before killing them all off at once.
Terror Raptors are the other major problem here, they can be annoying to hit and if they get close to you they spawn lots of raptors and can very quickly finish you off.
Firemobs can normally be found in most zones on the east edge of the map near the volcano. Gaya mine south F-13, F-12, E-12 are normally good for these things, though some prefer other zones.

Some like a few of the outposts near the middle of the map what contain a mix of warbots and hoverbots as you have the safety of the buildings and a nice GR and GoGo next to you for the loot. Also if you have taken your LE out then you don't have to worry about dropping belts.

As you can probably tell a lot of it is personal preference, but big piece of advice is always try to get a player crafted weapon with at least 2 slots for low tech and 3 for high tech so you can ammo mod it and get a barrel, 2 for high tech to max your damage.

Other ways to level fast include things like repairing rhinos or other vehicles, where with enough skill you can drive a rhino around near warbots and then just find a safe place to repair it. Or of course if you have the 69 VHC to drive and a bit of repair you can always find a gunner and go firemob hunting. And because driving the vehicle doesn't require a dex level or anything you can do this early on, and just up your vehicle skill with a couple of brain imps or an eye if you get to the right dex level to do it. The only issue with this is that if your not careful you end up losing a rhino worth 250k+, also the nanites to repair it do cost a fair amount to buy, so you might need some money to burn before you start.
To maximise your gains though remember that you only get XP for repairing every 9-10 seconds though, so if possible don't spam away with the tool, click it and wait then click it again after the timer has passed and you will get the same XP as if you had held it down and repaired it the 4 times in a row you would have done by doing this.
Also remember other peoples broken vehicles are also available to repair if you see a broken quad or maybe left your quad in a zone and someone blew it up so you just respawn it at the ASG.

Another key thing for those who use Ammo, is make sure you can recycle it and in general its best to carry a spare clip in your processor or quickbar so you don't accidently run out. Also make sure your recycle skill is enough for the ammo you are using. Things like Raygun Cannon ammo is high TL so will need to put extra pts in to help you. Also I normally advise carrying a Armor Part 7-8 with you to recycle for ammo just incase you run out as they arnt that heavy and can normally make 20-70 clips of ammo based on the part vs ammo type.

Anyway I think that is enough from me, gives you a good enough guide for on here to work on, time for breakfast.

Strife
10-04-13, 14:29
I'd suggest leveling like you did when you first played the game too. I did 'powergame' a lot of my characters, but it was enjoyable to do the whole p2 aggies, PP sewers, Outzone4, Storage Hall leveling again.

remington
10-04-13, 15:01
wow great
I had only PPU when I played and leveled at MB forever until I was able to solo warbots and hack em.
Pluto only let you have 1 char on your account

I think I was looking for hunting spot guide because the res cube idea sounds boring and expensive for a new character. I have the wiki and this forum to look thru. Can I add the mobs I find in the wiki for each sector or is that too much of a spoiler?

So the scorps in el farid spawn like spiders. lvl 2/2 or 1/1 to 50/50? I remember that place was crazy

What level of mobs are in regents? I can see there awesome looking genotoxic mutants. oh crap all 90/90 nevermind.

I just found a list of mobs in wiki. that may give info on where to shoot for, although I cannot find the squid thing that's in the swamp there. What level was the tentacles?

fire mobs look cool
how is chaos caves?
ok I gtg for now. ty for reply

hajoan
10-04-13, 15:23
... until I was able to solo warbots and hack em...
My second char was an ppu and without a clan... I would have deleted it quickly.
What spell did you used for the warbots? Parashock?

remington
10-04-13, 15:45
stiletto and dmgboost