PDA

View Full Version : Neocron Information System (beta) online!

nabbl
09-04-13, 12:29
Hello Runners!

I am happy to announce the beta release of our super new and extremely cool Neocron Information System (N.I.S, powered by Last Generation http://www.lastgeneration.de).

You always wanted to check the current outpost-status while at work? You were tensed up because you knew your clan was fighting and you couldn't take part?

We have the solution for you:

http://www.Neocron-IS.com

Features currently implemented:
+ Check the Neocron worldmap while not ingame
+ Filter the map for clans currently owning outposts
+ Show all the general genreps and cities of Neocron
+ Get all outpost genreps which are currently open for your faction
+ All relevant informations about the outposts are displayed on mouseover.

Upcoming Features (soontm registered trademark of the Neocron Volunteer Team):
+ A lot of outpost-statistics are on the way
+ You will be able to have look at the outpost-fight-history (filtered by clan/faction and so on)
+ Access the Neocron communication system from outside the game.
+ Upload your Neocron LOG-Files from your last OP-Fight and trace your effectiveness or weakness from fight to fight.

Any Bugs encountered? Please write me a PM!

Special Thanks go to:

Michael Corvin for this absolutely awesome design,
Satan2k2 for his phenomenal php-skills,
elPadre for coding and lending us his server infrastructure,
NEC for coding the whole background service,
Nabbl for coding and project management ( ;-) )
Last Generation's leaders and members for their testing and some very good improvement suggestions.

Jodo
09-04-13, 14:49
That is awesome. Very impressive.

SilentEye
09-04-13, 15:10
This is very impressive indeed!

EDIT:

If you're looking for advertisement on the broadcast let me know, I'm sure we can make something cool.

Also, maybe you can work with THN to combine your resources? :)

nabbl
09-04-13, 15:33
This is very impressive indeed!

EDIT:

If you're looking for advertisement on the broadcast let me know, I'm sure we can make something cool.

Also, maybe you can work with THN to combine your resources? :)

1.) Yes, advertisement would be AWESOME! Maybe we will prepare a small jingle + advertisement bla ourselfs. Would a mp3 be ok for you?

2.) Well .. The approach of THN for gathering information is a bit different from ours. We want to make some kind of cockpit where you only get informations which you would normally only get ingame. But we have no problem if THN would like to put a link to us on their page.

SilentEye
09-04-13, 16:01
1.) Yes, advertisement would be AWESOME! Maybe we will prepare a small jingle + advertisement bla ourselfs. Would a mp3 be ok for you?
I'll PM you :)

Jest
09-04-13, 16:18
Very cool, definitely bookmarked. The ability to see which GRs I can use as a certain faction is fantastic.

Brammers
09-04-13, 16:20
Good to see that map back again. :)

2.) Well .. The approach of THN for gathering information is a bit different from ours. We want to make some kind of cockpit where you only get informations which you would normally only get ingame. But we have no problem if THN would like to put a link to us on their page.

Think you mean presenting rather than gathering since we both have access to the same API functions and data. Just on the Stats DB (http://stats.techhaven.org) on the THN we are presenting the raw data in tables and graphs and it also feeds Neo's THN-CPU bot.

Nothing wrong with having a few more Neocron fansites out there. :)

I'll add a link to the NeocronIS on the THN for you later.

Faid
09-04-13, 16:23
Very Impressive! Looks great :)

nabbl
09-04-13, 16:57
Think you mean presenting rather than gathering since we both have access to the same API functions and data. Just on the Stats DB (http://stats.techhaven.org) on the THN we are presenting the raw data in tables and graphs and it also feeds Neo's THN-CPU bot.

You are definitely right. "Presenting" was the word I wanted to use.

RogerRamjet
09-04-13, 20:07
Cool as fuck.

Assimilator
09-04-13, 20:17
Very nice. Kudos for the work. Looking forward to see what else your team rolls out!

Manuel Moonez
09-04-13, 23:49
Looks ridiculously sexy :O

Doc Holliday
10-04-13, 05:43
guys that truly is awesome.

Drachenpaladin
10-04-13, 15:02
NCIS sounds good.^^

hajoan
10-04-13, 15:16
NIS, not NCIS.

But note Rule #6: Never apologize — Its a sign of weakness.
:angel:

NIS looks great for me.
I will check if this error I get when clicking at an op exists at home.
Here at work... proxy could be the reason.

Also a great idea.

SilentEye
10-04-13, 15:20
I do agree that NCIS sounds even better ;)

NeoCron Information System

Jest
10-04-13, 16:31
But then you'd have the same name as terrible TV shows.
http://www.tvrecaps.com/showimg/0364845.jpg

Riddle
10-04-13, 22:31
Awesome work guys, very nice indeed.

Satan2k2
11-04-13, 19:10
NIS, not NCIS.

But note Rule #6: Never apologize — Its a sign of weakness.
:angel:

NIS looks great for me.
I will check if this error I get when clicking at an op exists at home.
Here at work... proxy could be the reason.

Also a great idea.

Nope, is no error. It will be a feature soon TM :D (click on cycrow)

nabbl
19-04-13, 14:17
We (The NIS-programming team) gathered some nice feedback until now. Thank you all for the submitted suggestions

We are currently working on the "OP-Fight-History" and a cool feature named "Logalyzer" (see a screenshot here: http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?148625-damage-logs&p=2209439&viewfull=1#post2209439)

SilentEye
19-04-13, 14:53
Don't forget :)

nabbl
19-04-13, 14:55
Yeah.. we won't. I am currently trying to record something which doesn't sound completely stupid. No positive results so far :P

Satan2k2
05-05-13, 00:22
Don't know if some bugreports reached nabbl, but they never reached me :D

So it seems that all browser display the page correctly (CSS Bugs) and that no PHP errors occur (php bugs). JavaScript should work correctly, too.

For all future reports or suggestions (will come maybe with next update):
I changed the behavior when you click on an item on the worldmap, so that only the clicked one will be shown and the rest will be hidden. This will remove the confusion when GRs will be shown open to travel, but they aren't when you clicked on another faction before :D So all links will display correctly what you clicked and nothing more or less :)

Right now I'm working on some new items for the worldmap, that will push the information you can gain further :D

Manuel Moonez
11-10-13, 15:09
NIS seems to be broken nowadays-fix it! Apart from Techhaven, itīs my second Neocron resource outside of the game.
Your work is much appreciated!

Trivaldi
11-10-13, 15:17
The NIS Twitter robot certainly needs a kicking ;) he's a noisey so-and-so sometimes!

Brammers
11-10-13, 15:27
Looks like the Neocron API is little broke from last night's server issues - GetOutposts for Sparta is not working for the THN Stats DB either atm. (Everything else is fine though!)