PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on the recent speed change?

Strife
02-04-13, 07:58
Viability of tank, APU, etc.

yavimaya
02-04-13, 11:26
My barter cant run through a zone in 10 or so seconds anymore. Its very sad. I havent played enough to test the others properly.

Dropout
02-04-13, 14:26
I like it. More than I thought I would, considering that I always play (VERY) fast setups..
You can still be fast, but you cant be completely unhittable anymore - thats a good thing IMO.

My only PVP character atm is a tank though, but currently trying to level a spy up, and he doesnt feel slow at all either.

SilentEye
02-04-13, 14:31
I haven't got much experience with the before and after, but I can say that with my spy (capped CON at 40) I've put all my points in athletics (droner).

My speed is no faster than I would want the game to allow, so I'm happy :)

PS. It would be nice if the running animation could be scaled up with the run speed affected, getting rid of the flowy effect, but that's a whole nother story :)

Faid
02-04-13, 16:42
Well, the speed nerf coupled with the overpowered Disruptor and AK has pretty much killed Tanks for OP fights. Every op fight now is all dissy/ak spys, maybe a ceres pistol spy here and there.

I went to an op fight last night on a dev tank and died in about 6 seconds (we were attacking) It's not as bad while defending because you can zone into the UG after a few seconds but nothing can stand up to multiple dissy/ak spys. Tanks are pretty much pointless now.

I like the speed change, it makes fights more fun, actually being able to hit your opponent, the pure speed setups were ridiculous before. But that just means overpowered weapons are now king. Until they balance weapon damage across the board anyway...

Strife
02-04-13, 19:59
Well, the speed nerf coupled with the overpowered Disruptor and AK has pretty much killed Tanks for OP fights. Every op fight now is all dissy/ak spys, maybe a ceres pistol spy here and there.

I went to an op fight last night on a dev tank and died in about 6 seconds (we were attacking) It's not as bad while defending because you can zone into the UG after a few seconds but nothing can stand up to multiple dissy/ak spys. Tanks are pretty much pointless now.

I like the speed change, it makes fights more fun, actually being able to hit your opponent, the pure speed setups were ridiculous before. But that just means overpowered weapons are now king. Until they balance weapon damage across the board anyway...Basically how I feel too. To me the tanks only purpose seems to be killing spies with the WA before he inevitably dies. I honestly felt the patch prior to this one was fine, when people didn't blatantly exploit the uncapped speed. Tanks could simply run away to get away, their massive athletics/agility was their escape tool. It wasn't always that simple of an escape, they'd either get the shots on you as you ran and still kill you, or you'd lose your legs and be unable to run, either way you had a chance to get away. Same thing with monks.

I was hoping this patch simply made it so the run speed wasn't so easily abused to where a tank with a CS out is outrunning a 180 agility 4x drugged spies. The game was heeeeavily skill based, and I loved it. I was awful at first, played a lot, got used to it, and it was great. Now it's just dumbed down and easy.

Ascension
02-04-13, 20:30
From a casually playing point of view, I was op war'ing the other night as an APU (yes, people still play that class!) I found the slight speed changes to beneficial, it allowed me to land a lot more hits on spies without fizzling.

Dropout
02-04-13, 21:11
I was hoping this patch simply made it so the run speed wasn't so easily abused to where a tank with a CS out is outrunning a 180 agility 4x drugged spies. The game was heeeeavily skill based, and I loved it. I was awful at first, played a lot, got used to it, and it was great. Now it's just dumbed down and easy.

The problem pre-patch wasent highspeed tanks. It was pure atl spies.. They were very close to being impossible to hit.

I dont know how much you played between the netcode fix and the recent "speed-nerf" patch. But in that period pretty much all spies, went for PURE speed..

Netphreak
02-04-13, 21:15
It's been said already in this thread and I said it in another thread on here. The speed nerf which I still think was a good move has really highlighted how out of balance weapon damage (Dissie) and how they all now really need to be balanced so that each class/setup has a chance.

RogerRamjet
02-04-13, 22:00
Speed nerf is great, but tanks get tore up now (i only have a tank as a combat char) by AK/Dissie spies to the point it's not even funny.

onero S
02-04-13, 22:10
Speed nerf is great, but tanks get tore up now (i only have a tank as a combat char) by AK/Dissie spies to the point it's not even funny.

Weapons need adjustment and it's possible that resists need to be more effective.

gstyle40
02-04-13, 22:40
Weapons need adjustment and it's possible that resists need to be more effective.

resist are fine, but definitely balance needs adjusting. if a tank makes his setup properly he will survive a while.....like.....a minute(with ppu help) ppu has to keep spamming sheilds or else the tank WILL drop in 20 seconds :/

nabbl
03-04-13, 11:24
I think the Weapon balancing will come...
They have to see the current problems ingame with Dissy and AK.

Dropout
03-04-13, 11:28
I think the Weapon balancing will come...
They have to see the current problems ingame with Dissy and AK.

Ofcourse weapon balance will come. Its just a huge Work, and therefore will take some time. And that time is going to be.. Hard for those without a Dissy/AK spy (No, I dont have either)..

Besides, hopefully the balancing will include other Things than just weapons..
Granted, those are by far the most important to get balanced, but implants are quite important aswell - just not gamebreaking :)

William Antrim
03-04-13, 11:47
Slowing people down was always going to have consequences. But balancing has to start somewhere!

Dropout
03-04-13, 16:15
Slowing people down was always going to have consequences. But balancing has to start somewhere!

Very true. And it was a good place to start IMO.

Netphreak
03-04-13, 17:45
Very true. And it was a good place to start IMO.

I agree, it was needed. I just hope now that the devs can now start pushing out balancing fixes to resolve issues and improve the game.