PDA

View Full Version : Rhino damage resistance

Eternal Pink
01-04-13, 16:21
I've been out fire mobbing a bit lately in my rhino for xp and rares and the amount of damage a rhino takes from fire mobs compared to a player on foot seems wrong.

From a driver/repper/XP perspective the rhino getting trashed quickly is great since you get the xp for fixing it but if your not after the repping XP and you are actually after hunting in a tank then its not so great as you spend half the time repairing.

So I'd suggest increasing the rhino's resistance to damage slightly so that the rhino tank is not more vulnerable than a player

gstyle40
02-04-13, 19:19
So I'd suggest increasing the rhino's resistance to damage slightly so that the rhino tank is not more vulnerable than a player

i agree with your post, but this line made me chuckle. a grim perci can kill a rhino very very fast, but he will pwn any player even faster if not ducking for cover every burst.

yavimaya
03-04-13, 07:16
I think the dude just see others killing things as fast or faster.
I also wonder why i see tanks doing 520 damage with a beam gun and i do 370 with my rhino beam gun...... but you know.....

Dropout
03-04-13, 11:34
I think the dude just see others killing things as fast or faster.
I also wonder why i see tanks doing 520 damage with a beam gun and i do 370 with my rhino beam gun...... but you know.....
Well Rhino does a bit less damage than Creed, but IMO thats fair enough. Creed IS a TL 114 weapon..
...I probably do more damage than a Rhino with my 3slot STORM laser, now that I think about it.. Thats with 240+ HC though.

If you go into close combat with a Persi, even in a Rhino you deserve to die BTW.
A Rhino should not be unkillable at all - I think its perfectly fine that there are mobs to be feared, even in a Rhino..

Bozz-Von Mel
03-04-13, 13:41
But its a freaking tank!

Praetorian
03-04-13, 14:45
If you want to see a rhino melt, take it up against a y-rep commander :p

William Antrim
03-04-13, 16:12
But its a freaking tank!

The voice of reason.

Dropout
03-04-13, 16:14
But its a freaking tank!

With the right tools a tank is taken out quite easy though... Clearly Persi's have the right tools ;)

Eternal Pink
03-04-13, 18:52
With the right tools a tank is taken out quite easy though... Clearly Persi's have the right tools ;)
Except they don't.

They shoot balls of fire at you and while yes i'm sure that would eventually melt through the armor plating it's not like they evolved for the purpose of killing rhino's (less crahn really hates us drivers) so I do still think the damage needs toning down a bit.

I'm not saying make the rhino tanks invincible since a. i'd get no xp repping and b. it would take the fun out of it but you shouldn't have to rep up after every kill when you don't even have to heal up after every kill on foot.

onero S
03-04-13, 21:47
Except they don't.

They shoot balls of fire at you and while yes i'm sure that would eventually melt through the armor plating it's not like they evolved for the purpose of killing rhino's (less crahn really hates us drivers) so I do still think the damage needs toning down a bit.

I'm not saying make the rhino tanks invincible since a. i'd get no xp repping and b. it would take the fun out of it but you shouldn't have to rep up after every kill when you don't even have to heal up after every kill on foot.

I would be ok with doubling a rhino's dmg resistance, doubling the nanite cost to repair a rhino, and doubling the xp gained from repairing a rhino.

This would mean a player has to repair less often, but repairing still costs the same amount in the end. It also would leave the cost/xp ratio of repairing a rhino intact.

Eternal Pink
04-04-13, 18:50
Like onero S idea, sounds like it would be a good change.

As you get more rep for your nanite with more skill it would also provide a reason as to why to increase rep since as I recall rep skill doubles for TL so at 100 skill you can already repair every player item in the game.