PDA

View Full Version : Spells and Creature Focus.. Enlighten Me Please

Mozencrath
29-03-13, 03:45
I am a 46/47 PE and yet I am STILL thoroughly confused as to how my PPU spells work....Here are my questions:

1. Regarding Heal/Heal Sancum/Group Heal
Can the basic TL 3 Heal spell be cast onto others? Does the Group Heal (or group "Whatever") have to be cast on an individual or can it be cast in open space? What the hell is the difference then between Heal Sanctum and Group Heal? Lastly, assuming all of these are used on players OTHER than yourself, which spells will they see notifiactions of info bars for?

2. Creature Focus CAG 1 and 2
First off, what does the "CAG" part mean, what is the 1 and the 2 for, and can anyone of them be used simultaneously?

Do you initiate the spell in open air and then RE-initiate the spell on the mob you want it to attack? Or do you simply cast it once onto the mob?

What happens if you try casting it again before the timer is up?

What happens if you DO NOT direct it what to do?

Why does it only spawn about 50% of the time?

What happens if you cast it and then walk say 100meters away and then cast it onto a warbot, will it still come?

SO CONFUSING!!!!

Doc Holliday
29-03-13, 07:06
i wouldnt worry too much about the creature focus spells but as far as i know you cast em twice. once on to bring it out then again to send it to a mob. if you are lucky (this happens to me) then you cast it and the mob aggros to it automatically. I dont tend to use it often on my ppu and never on any other class so i would say ignore that unless you really MUST know more information moze.

Now. For the heal thing. Im gonna break this down for you.

TL3 heal is the basic. It can be self cast or cast on others. (nanite tools are still better but thats a different discussion) If you are to cast it on someone else the normal rules apply. In range etc and the LE status (whether you and the target have one or not.)

Group heal is cast and does a similar heal (im not 100% sure of the effects of it compared to tl3) which will also be cast on people stood close to you. I havent used the spell in ten years so i really dont know the maximum range but it wont be much more than maybe 10 meters im sure. It has a similar duration to the TL3 heal and will show on the cast bars of other runners as a heal.

The heal Sanctum finally is an AOE heal which stays longer and has a bigger range. This will only show up on your own cast bar but it will heal others in proximity to you. However it will not heal your person. when it drops off you have to recast but you can maintain a long "uptime" on it especially if you are playing a ppu.

Truthfully as a private eye your main focus with your psi should really be for your own shields. don't worry too much about the heals etc as i mentioned the nanite tool does so much better and you will never reach the higher tl heals as that's monk only.

Naturally with the right circumstances you can use your basic buffs (rifle pistol spy etc) on other runners for a small benefit which is always nice and you can shield them if they cant do it themselves but i wouldnt try and be a healer as such in a group. let the players look after their own heals if you are playing a kind of psi support role when warbot farming or what ever it is you are doing.

Mozencrath
29-03-13, 08:37
[QUOTE=Doc Holliday;2207113]i wouldnt worry too much about the creature focus spells but as far as i know you cast em twice. QUOTE]

Heres the thing on my 13/6 Field Medic PPU I just started, Creature Focus is the ONLY thing that gives me XP. I even put a few points in APU and tried some offensive PSI on mobs and got NO xp from APU spells. The only thing that gives me PSI XP is Creature Focus and only when its attacking or kills a mob....I find it hard to believe that the only way to level up a PPU is to either use CAG1/2 or team up..Is this normal? What does CAG stand for

Grogor
30-03-13, 10:35
I don't know exactly, what CAG stands for, I assume it stands for category. But I can thell you what it's used for.
Psi modules are categorized in normal( without a tag displayed), blessed, and holy. So with this set you could only have 3 of them ingame. So there is CAG 1-3 and CAG Gold (I'm not sure but that's only available on the holy level iirc) to put in more of them, so you don't have to stick with one for 30 levels. From weakest to strongest it's
Crahn Creature Focus CAG 1
Crahn Creature Focus CAG 2
Crahn Creature Focus CAG 3
Crahn Blessed Creature Focus CAG 1
Crahn Blessed Creature Focus CAG 2
Crahn Blessed Creature Focus CAG 3
Crahn Holy Creature Focus CAG 1
Crahn Holy Creature Focus CAG 2
Crahn Holy Creature Focus CAG 3
Crahn Holy Creature Focus CAG Gold

And yes, the PPU is a supporting class. So leveling a true supporter without team doesn't make sense.