PDA

View Full Version : Player movement

Ikkeh
26-03-13, 12:42
Since the patch all players on my screen seem to just stop/start/stop/start like warping to each place. Which makes it very very tedious to aim, was hoping someone else may of had a similar problem and knew a fix?

Sorry to be so vague I will try and upload a video asap.

Faid
26-03-13, 16:27
It's probably just a bunch of ban evaders who have come back all playing again in one clan ;)

On a less serious note, some people have also noticed this particular phenomenon almost like very jerky movement.

Ikkeh
26-03-13, 17:07
Thank you for the reply i'll just have to hope it gets better. Maybe it's my connection as a lot of people have no problem but for me it's unbearable, especially in op wars with people constantly blinking around. But i had no problem before, so i don't know! aahhh

Faid
26-03-13, 18:41
Yeah one of our guys had this same issue a while back before the patch where it was impossible to really do anything, we were in Neofrag at the time but it's better for him now. I'll ask him what he did to fix it.

Ikkeh
27-03-13, 11:07
I've actually found the problem...

So last night I downloaded fraps to make a video of the problem, but I kept finding that everytime I started fraps the movement was smooth again, like pre patch. And the only thing fraps does to effect my game is turn down the fps which for me was to 60. Which is what most people have their fps capped at, but mine caps at 90.

Is there any command or anything I can use to cap my fps to 60?

SilentEye
27-03-13, 13:16
I did some quick searching and found that an application called "FPS Limiter" should do the trick. I can't look for you right now but see if you can find it yourself.

https://www.google.nl/search?q=FPS+Limiter

Ikkeh
27-03-13, 13:20
Thanks for the reply I was also googling and found a few tools i could try but I'd hate to use a third party programme to do it. Was hoping to change it via the game itself.

SilentEye
27-03-13, 14:02
I can't check now but, does Neocron have the option to enable vertical synchronization (v.sync)?

This could limit your frame rate to match that of your monitor. You could put your monitor at 50hz or something and give it a shot with v.sync enabled.

Ikkeh
27-03-13, 14:15
I did originally turn v-sync off via the nvidia control panel as neocron doesn't give you the option. I have turned it back on and tried reinstalling but i'm still capping at 90 fps. I know it's definitely on because of the mouse acceleration you get from it and it says so on the nvidia control panel!

I even tried lowering my 120 hz monitor to 60 hz still no difference.

SilentEye
27-03-13, 15:23
Do your self a favor and try a third party app even if it's only to test and confirm that it works :)

Ikkeh
27-03-13, 23:16
Just wanted to confirm that limiting my fps fixed my problem completely and it's back to how it was pre patch. I used Nvidiainspector to limit it to 58, so I will just have to use this until hopefully we get a fix!

Disturbed21
28-03-13, 09:05
I had this problem as well. Normally run with v-sync off and get 90ish FPS...turned v-sync on and get 62 fps but it does appear to resolve the problem.

SilentEye
28-03-13, 09:47
Thanks for coming back to let us know Ikkeh!

Ryan Flint
29-03-13, 02:41
I can confirm that limiting the fps from 90 to 60 fixed the micro warping.

8seconds into the video I hit the hotkey and limit my fps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFLNq8Su-8o

Faid
29-03-13, 16:50
Did you record that with your cell phone? :p

onero S
29-03-13, 23:48
Interesting, Neocron must not be designed to run at a higher than 60 fps (some game engines aren't). This is good to know and perhaps should be listed as a warning in the installer.

gstyle40
30-03-13, 07:40
Interesting, Neocron must not be designed to run at a higher than 60 fps (some game engines aren't). This is good to know and perhaps should be listed as a warning in the installer.

or perhaps move this thread to bug fix? so they can work on a fix internally to limit fps to 60 ish