PDA

View Full Version : [R#181] Patch Discussion

Alduin
23-03-13, 20:02
Hello Runners,

feel free to discuss the R#181 patch here. The patch notes may be found inside this (http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?148183-R-181-Patch-Notes) thread.

Sincerely,
Your Neocron Support Team

Dribble Joy
23-03-13, 20:46
Good stuff :).

Bruder Malmsdoo
23-03-13, 21:13
Yeah...convincing!

zii
23-03-13, 21:25
Can a non-le PPU cast DMG boost on an LEed char? Just a thought ;P. :)

Will relaxing server bandwidth restrictions cause an increased server load, and was this considered?

[TgR]KILLER
23-03-13, 21:26
Very nice!
•Fixed an error which lead to items dropping from the trade window back into the player's inventory

That one was a pain in the ass for years.. hope it is totally gone now :P

Mokoi
23-03-13, 21:33
Will relaxing server bandwidth restrictions cause an increased server load, and was this considered?

Bandwidth is not an issue server side .
As for load, this will become an issue eventually but that will be due to increased population count and as such it is a luxury issue we very much look forward to having :)

Riddle
23-03-13, 21:38
Fixed an error which lead to items dropping from the trade window back into the player's inventory

You Sirs, are gods amongst men......:D .......

Trivaldi
23-03-13, 21:44
Can a non-le PPU cast DMG boost on an LEed char? Just a thought ;P. :)
Anything a CopBot will be happy for you to draw in front of him, you can cast on LE runners. Although it has passive requirements, Damage Boost is classed as an aggressive action so simply, no. :)

Ivan Eres
23-03-13, 21:44
Can a non-le PPU cast DMG boost on an LEed char?

No, it's not possible. I verified this on Vedeena some time ago. That's why we have a testserver :)

zii
23-03-13, 22:36
Bandwidth is not an issue server side .
As for load, this will become an issue eventually but that will be due to increased population count and as such it is a luxury issue we very much look forward to having :)

Good. Please let me know where to send the donations afore you require said resources :)

Dope
23-03-13, 23:54
* Added the techlevel of the item to construct to blueprints. *

Brilliant!

Mortis
24-03-13, 00:27
how about the antipoison? still aggressive?

Ivan Eres
24-03-13, 02:19
Yes. I tried casting it on a LE'd runner and the Antipoison does not work.

Duran
24-03-13, 08:07
Der Hammer. Ich weiss garnicht, wann ich das letzte mal ingame die Musik gehört habe. Das muss noch in NC1 gewesen sein . . . Auf jeden Fall weiter so, das Game wird jedesmal ein kleines Stück besser.

unc0nnected
24-03-13, 19:55
could you define 'extreme speed setups' ?

hatmankh
24-03-13, 20:02
could you define 'extreme speed setups' ?

Every PvP setup that was being used before this patch.

PoooP
25-03-13, 22:34
no fkin way....hold on I need to check my Totem to make sure I am in reality...

Morpheus
03-12-14, 00:16
Technical changes:

Fixed rubberband bug
Fixed a buffer overflow when updating world actors

Sorry to dig up this old one, but i haven't been around for a while.

Can someone explain those fixes to me, since they sound like nothing familiar to me.. thx ;)

Drachenpaladin
03-12-14, 02:34
Sorry to dig up this old one, but i haven't been around for a while.

Can someone explain those fixes to me, since they sound like nothing familiar to me.. thx ;)

"Rubberbanding" usually occurs when there are connection issues, fudging with the position interpolation of players. They warp and teleport around a few meters while moving, if it happens to yourself you feel like you've run into some invisible rubber band, flinging you back and forth.

What the buffer overflow means... idk, prolly a server crash or something.

Morpheus
03-12-14, 12:30
i understand, thx m8 ;)