PDA

View Full Version : Te mouse in the inventory screen

DIABLO666
21-03-13, 16:06
Hi. I was just wondering if this was just my laptop or something that could be fixed, my mouse works fine and at a normal speed when just aiming and doing everything else but in the inventory screen it very slowly moves around like its underwater or something. Yes this isn't a huge thing, but it is annoying as it makes selecting things in the inventory screen (and all the other tab screens of course) a lot trickier than it should be.

Edit: Sorry for the mispelt "the" in the title, can't find a way to change it =(

SilentEye
21-03-13, 17:34
Hi DIABLO666,

I haven't got any issues. Mouse speed in AIM mode is identical to that in RPOS mode.

Has it ever worked correctly on this system?

DIABLO666
21-03-13, 18:50
Nope, use to play on computer at home but now I'm on a laptop, I'm using a mouse not just the pad but I can't really remember if it was like this on the computer or not. There is definitely a noticeable change in how the mouse handles in normal aiming compared to how it handles in the RPOS though, as I said its sort of floaty so when I stop it over an option sometimes it floats a bit over where I wanted it to stop.

Assimilator
21-03-13, 18:53
Never had that problem either.

Do you happen to have a 3rd party app doing some funky mouse acceleration? Try disabling mouse acceleration (if not already disabled) in Window's control pane -> mouse

SilentEye
22-03-13, 10:30
It could be something to do with mouse acceleration or something. I don't know if the mouse displayed in Neocron is hardware or software.

This means that Neocron could render it's own mouse, which sticks to your frame rate. This can cause a delay in moving it.

A software mouse just risplays the Windows mouse on top of the application you're running, so that would make it a lot smoother, like in Windows.

What you could try, I know Neocron has an option for this, is turn off or on the mouse buffer thing.

I'm at work right now and can't access Techhaven.org, but I know they have a list of commands on their wiki. Check that out!

Also, try working in Windowed mode to see if that makes a difference.

Juppe
25-03-13, 12:01
Yesterday i tried playing on windowed mode.. and afterwards i didnt remember what resolution i was using before.. so picked different resolution than what i was using before.. with the different resolution, i had this same issue as you here.. try out with different resolution settings.. i dont know why it does that but the mouse moved really slow in invetory screen and like you described. hope this helps.