PDA

View Full Version : PVP Video Plaza 2 screw around

J.HighRoller
14-03-13, 13:37
Hey guys, not sure if this is the correct sum forum but looks as good as any! Filmed some Plaza 2 fights and just wanted to post them. I am going to start filming op wars too. Please don't mid the atrocious editing (Or lack of I should say) and bad tracks, it's hard to find music that youtube won't flag.

http://youtu.be/SAI3PfA1nuo

Gunshifty
14-03-13, 15:48
First, nice video! What program did you use to capture? And did you need to modify any of the NC settings so that you could record efficiently?

Second, +1 for keeping a flashlight in the quickslot. -1 for finding songs with nice beats but cruddy lyrics :P

Lastly, It'll be nice to reminisce in the future about the runspeed in neocron patch #179. Good to have videos of it to keep on record to show new/old players how fast paced the game used to be.

Hackebeil
14-03-13, 16:14
your movement speed looks like pain in the ass xD

J.HighRoller
14-03-13, 16:42
First, nice video! What program did you use to capture? And did you need to modify any of the NC settings so that you could record efficiently?

Second, +1 for keeping a flashlight in the quickslot. -1 for finding songs with nice beats but cruddy lyrics :P

Lastly, It'll be nice to reminisce in the future about the runspeed in neocron patch #179. Good to have videos of it to keep on record to show new/old players how fast paced the game used to be.

Thanks,

I used FRAPS. Think it's the latest version. No special settings for NC. Just start FRAPS and let er rip. I usually have 90 fps but sometimes it goes to 60 when I use FRAPS. Next vid will be edited better with better music. Think this was a mix of pvp from old patch and new.

nabbl
14-03-13, 16:59
happily awaiting #183

then we will have some real pvp again (hopefully)

Nixon
14-03-13, 17:16
Hmm.. think i've got a couple of clips of Laiszlesnesses or something like that biting the dust.. And that's solo, not ppu/spy/whatever assisted :)

Dxtory is a good alternative to Fraps btw if you guys considering recording

J.HighRoller
14-03-13, 19:14
Hmm.. think i've got a couple of clips of Laiszlesnesses or something like that biting the dust.. And that's solo, not ppu/spy/whatever assisted :)

Dxtory is a good alternative to Fraps btw if you guys considering recording

I'll have to try Dxtory. My only complaint with FRAPS is that the recordings are huge. Let it run a couple minutes and you will easily be up to a couple gigs.

L0KI
15-03-13, 09:55
Bandicam. Videos come out much smaller and it's pretty much the same as fraps.

Axis
17-03-13, 22:05
Nice video, makes me want to roll a toon on Titan and start playing again. It's like the early beta days where there was more emphasis on reflexes and good movement, characters felt more augmented.

Oh and lol @ using Diplo's pet project Riff Raff for the music. I've actually met this guy on Holy Ship and besides being a complete oddball of a rapper he's a total ADHD freak..

wargolem
18-03-13, 20:25
best part about this vid is the melee PE

Strife
18-03-13, 20:42
happily awaiting #183

then we will have some real pvp again (hopefully)Pvp gets harder and all of a sudden it's not real?

Adapt and overcome.

wargolem
18-03-13, 20:56
i dont think its harder although the current environment does encourage more cheating

Strife
19-03-13, 15:31
the current environment does encourage more cheatingHow? Admins are more on top of cheating now than since the game started.

The current environment does more to encourage whining about cheating.

DIABLO666
21-03-13, 16:37
The worst apart of pvp at the moment is the lack of honour (for lack of a better word), maybe I'm just remembering the good times and ignoring the bad in my mind but I remember the pepper park battles people having fun! mostly as they would stay till the end then any ppu that happened to be around would rezz them so they could fight again. Instead of this we have plaza battles where theres 6 people with a ppu against 1 guy (even if he's level /30) and the only rezz your getting is so they can kill you again to hack more belts.

I know people will say I'm whining and throw insults but the old system was better, perhaps it started when the community got smaller as people couldn't gank so people decided that places like p2 and pp would be the new places to annoy people instead of just having fun fights. It would be nice if the old system made a comeback though, then instead of needing to wait for OP fights for a proper fight people could actually have enjoyable battles in p2 that lasted instead of the current system where 1 group brings 5x the numbers, kills everybody then rezz kills them all the while screaming on OOC about how awesome they are.

Dropout
21-03-13, 20:26
The worst apart of pvp at the moment is the lack of honour (for lack of a better word), maybe I'm just remembering the good times and ignoring the bad in my mind but I remember the pepper park battles people having fun! mostly as they would stay till the end then any ppu that happened to be around would rezz them so they could fight again. Instead of this we have plaza battles where theres 6 people with a ppu against 1 guy (even if he's level /30) and the only rezz your getting is so they can kill you again to hack more belts.

I know people will say I'm whining and throw insults but the old system was better, perhaps it started when the community got smaller as people couldn't gank so people decided that places like p2 and pp would be the new places to annoy people instead of just having fun fights. It would be nice if the old system made a comeback though, then instead of needing to wait for OP fights for a proper fight people could actually have enjoyable battles in p2 that lasted instead of the current system where 1 group brings 5x the numbers, kills everybody then rezz kills them all the while screaming on OOC about how awesome they are.

As someone who has PVP'd in NC for quite a lot of years (and been in some of the most hated Clans in NC2's history), I completely agree with you..
Its like people dont want to have FUN anymore.. Just kill by any Means necessary.

Faid
21-03-13, 22:19
What I can't understand about p2 fights is the attempted killing of PPU's trying to rez. When I kill someone in P2 i will almost always attempt to rez them, if Im dual logged at the time (I don't care about trying to steal crap from their belts). But when people kill the rezzing PPU it's like saying "hey we don't want to fight anymore, tap out and leave". Then these same people bitch about not having anyone to fight in P2. It's a weird dynamic.

Although sometimes everyone in P2 is cool and we all have a great time PVPing and no one cries or acts like a dick.

Dropout
22-03-13, 03:08
What I can't understand about p2 fights is the attempted killing of PPU's trying to rez. When I kill someone in P2 i will almost always attempt to rez them, if Im dual logged at the time (I don't care about trying to steal crap from their belts). But when people kill the rezzing PPU it's like saying "hey we don't want to fight anymore, tap out and leave". Then these same people bitch about not having anyone to fight in P2. It's a weird dynamic.

Although sometimes everyone in P2 is cool and we all have a great time PVPing and no one cries or acts like a dick.

If I have just fought against 3-4 people who had a PPU, I will try to kill the PPU. They werent fair, I wont be fair..
If it was a fair fight however, I dont mind them rezzing, obviously.