PDA

View Full Version : Hypercom - Making sense of the channels

nEo-1664
12-03-13, 02:59
Ok, something that has bugged me for awhile now, so much so that I'm posting this in brainport, is the number of channels in the Hypercom(F1), CUSTOM channel listing. The majority of channels go unused.

http://www.neocronstatus.com/img/1.jpghttp://www.neocronstatus.com/img/2.jpg

With 95% of people only using TRADE-NC, Alliance, Faction, Zone, OOC, and Help, could this all be simplified?

Change it all around, so that like the Local, Clan etc channels, you then would have the following list of main channels and their short codes, along with the option to mute that whole channel still like you can with Local, Clan etc:

Buddy - /b
Local - /l
Clan - /c
Team - /t
Direct - /d
*NEW CHANS*
Zone - /z
Faction - /f
Alliance - /a
OOC - /o or /ooc
Help - /h
Trade - /trade

Personally, being a helpful person ingame, I find it annoying having to switch regularly between the Help channel and Trade-NC as it currently stands, as there is only 1 short code for the 'CUSTOM' which is /custom. When using this, it will send your chat out on which ever was the last used channel. Obviously, if you haven't said anything yet after a login, then you will need to re-set which 'CUSTOM' channel you want to chat on. With the suggested channel listings above, you can just jump straight into the chat, and not worry about which sub-channel you are on, or swapping between several channels just to chat.

Thoughts ?

JoshCooper
12-03-13, 03:08
/signed

I really like the idea, always thought a /command would be useful

Lucas Kell
12-03-13, 13:14
Yes please! I want this! Rated 5.

Oh and just to add, default these to all be on. That way new players can see trade, etc and when my UI resets itself they don't all untick.

Ivan Eres
12-03-13, 13:26
Yes please! I want this! Rated 5.

Oh and just to add, default these to all be on. That way new players can see trade, etc and when my UI resets itself they don't all untick.

Thumbs up for the default idea.

Cornhusker
12-03-13, 13:27
Only thing I can think of to keep it from changing is if they plan on moving the anti city faction back to their original place at DOME eventually before the adverts for people to return goes up after re-balancing project. Reason why I saying this is b/c if you were anti city faction you couldn't use nc channels and vise versa.

Gunshifty
12-03-13, 17:00
Not a dire change that needs to be addressed, but would definitely be nice to make the hypercom concise :)

nEo-1664
12-03-13, 17:09
Not a dire change that needs to be addressed, but would definitely be nice to make the hypercom concise :)

Oh yea, I'm not proposing this should be addressed in the next patch or anything, but just something to consider to help make it easier and as you say, more concise :)

Jest
26-03-13, 16:19
I was going to start a thread with this exact suggestion so I agree 100%.

Specifically with the trade channels, if I was tradeskilling in Tech Haven then I'd still be using the "Trade Channel - Neocron" chat because that is the only one people have activated.

Likewise with the team recruit, messages are almost never used in the correct bracket. At worst someone looking for a group will spam all three channels, thereby increasing the chance that other players mute the channels and lessening the chance that a group will actually be found. Which will then lead that person to start looking for a group in the Help or OOC channels.

Because of the above, the reality is that the more channels we have, then the fewer get used.

Assimilator
26-03-13, 18:36
/signed.

It's time to bring NC chat into the new millennium.

William Antrim
26-03-13, 20:17
I can't see any factions going back to the dome so don't worry about that cornhusker. They were moved out of the dome due to the polarising effect it had on the community. I think many of the older players here prefer the nc1 style faction system we have currently over the red vs blue dome version.