PDA

View Full Version : FPS Problems while in foliage grass's

stonehaven25
11-03-13, 22:23
Hi

I have been having a problem with my FPS's while walking in grass, on fire, or contaminated in first person view. My detail and vegitation distance is turned all the way down.

My FPS in the city or other buildings is 50-60, outside in an area with no grass my FPS is 45-55, but when im on fire, contaminated in first person view, or walking in any grass my fsp drop very low, too low to pvp in any area with grass. It goes all the way down to 12-18.

Ive been having this problem for a long time now but back when I first started the first 4 years was fine, i dont remember that issue, i took a long break fron NC and came back having this FPS problem, and i came back using the same computer i first started playing with, never could figure it out so i delt with it and didnt do almost no pvp.

Since then I have used different computers and the issue persisted on each computer. My current computer specs is 4GB RAM, 2.53 GHz processor, 64bit OS windows 7 home pro. The other computers i used had lower specs but the game ran fine except in gress and on fire and so on....

I really want to get this issue resolved because I want to do some good pvp and i dont know what to else to do, ive tried playing with video card settings and of course what few ingame settings there are. Is there a way to remove grass all togeather like delete the grass's file or something?

Also about when im on fire, those flame thrower guys, when they shoot out that flame and im near them where the flame is going acros my screen my FOS drop extremely low, probably 5 or 6.

Any and all sugestions are appreciated, thanks.

nabbl
11-03-13, 22:42
2.53 Ghz should be enough normally. Neocron only cares about CPU. I upgraded to i7 and now I don't have any problems anymore.

well but nevertheless: hit F11 ingame. There you can adjust the vegetation and overall world details. take the minimum value and you should be fine.

Ivan Eres
11-03-13, 22:55

Do you have an on-board graphics card in that PC ? Maybe NC is using that one instead of your primary graphics card. There's a thread about a similar problem: http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?146662-Neocron-not-detected-dedicated-GPU

Did you install the last version of DX9 from Mickeysoft? And the C++ Librararies? I would suggest using the new all-in-one installer for the Neocron client to do a re-install. You can find the thread about the new installer in the development section of the forum.

stonehaven25
11-03-13, 23:21
Oh sry forgot to mention my video card:
Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9591)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9591&SUBSYS_02A01028&REV_00
Display Memory: 2025 MB
Dedicated Memory: 251 MB
Shared Memory: 1774 MB
Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: unknown
Monitor Id: AUO6287
Native Mode: 1440 x 900(p) (60.061Hz)
Output Type: Internal
Driver Name: atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
Driver File Version: 8.14.0010.0678 (English)
Driver Version: 8.632.1.2000
DDI Version: 10.1

Its the only video device on this laptop. Id hate to make a major downgrade by using dx9, thats usually when my computers start acting wierd. Not to mention isnt it possible other programs I use may require a higher version dx?

Is anyone else having these problems using higher version of direct X?

Im sure there are many people using directX 10 and higher these days, you guys have any issues like this?

Lucas Kell
11-03-13, 23:28
Oh sry forgot to mention my video card:
Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9591)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9591&SUBSYS_02A01028&REV_00
Display Memory: 2025 MB
Dedicated Memory: 251 MB
Shared Memory: 1774 MB
Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: unknown
Monitor Id: AUO6287
Native Mode: 1440 x 900(p) (60.061Hz)
Output Type: Internal
Driver Name: atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll
Driver File Version: 8.14.0010.0678 (English)
Driver Version: 8.632.1.2000
DDI Version: 10.1

Its the only video device on this laptop. Id hate to make a major downgrade by using dx9, thats usually when my computers start acting wierd. Not to mention isnt it possible other programs I use may require a higher version dx?

Is anyone else having these problems using higher version of direct X?

Im sure there are many people using directX 10 and higher these days, you guys have any issues like this?
You could try updating your drivers from the AMD site as yours are from nearly a year ago. Even on old games you'd be surprised how many times that speeds things up.

Oh and installing that DX package doesn't downgrade you to DX9, it just installs the DX9 runtimes in addition to your existing DX install.

stonehaven25
11-03-13, 23:39
I did try that but i liked the one I have so i stuck with this version, also remember i had a few different computers, all different video cards all ATI, except now that i think about it the first computer started with nvidia but had frequent crashes caused by it so i replaced with an ATI and loved it, cant remember if that was before these issues or after, in any case i now it was close to that time.

Hmmm.

Ivan Eres
12-03-13, 00:38
Anything newer than Windows XP allows to have multiple versions of DX installed. So if you have Windows Vista, 7, or 8 you are safe. Download the latest DX9 package from Mickeysoft and install it. There is even a link here somewhere in the forum.

Or even better, use the shiny new Neocron installer where everything is included. It was made for that reason, and to avoid some issues on modern Windows platforms. You can find it in the dev section here, as mentioned.

Regards

flib
12-03-13, 01:30
Are you using custom settings in your graphics control panel?

stonehaven25
12-03-13, 03:08
OK, i will try the new installer so it installs everything the new way :).

I usualy do use custom graphic settings but after i purchased and installed windows 7 a year ago i never got around to install the software that allow adjustment of the ATI graphics settings so i have only adjusted the general resolution and brightness settings.

hatmankh
12-03-13, 13:35
I found that lowering anisotropic filtering helped alot with fps slowdown from flamethrowers, shouldn't have had to lower any settings with my rig but hey, it's neocron. :p

stonehaven25
02-05-13, 06:34
i may try that if i decide to install the ati gfx program, but not for a while, ill just deal with it for now, im not pvping anyway atm

SirFerret
02-05-13, 14:03
I am having similar issues with low FPS and grass/fire/contamination causing it to be reduced to almost nothing.

System specs:
Win7 Home Premium SP1
Amd E-300 1.3 ghz
3GB RAM
64 bit OS
Radeon HD 6310 Graphics, though this is onboard with 384MB dedicated RAM

I do not have issues with other games on lower settings but Neocron gives me issues regardless of settings. I realize my system is on the low end of things but this game was designed to run on systems of far lower quality. (In point of fact, my crappy laptop runs it better though it also has the problematic FPS with grass, fire, etc. However, it sync's from one zone to the next in a matter of a couple of seconds where my desktop takes upto 5 seconds on average.)

I really hope a fix can be found for this soon as the mouse lag in these problem situations makes op-waring almost impossible.

nabbl
02-05-13, 15:37
read again:

2.53 Ghz should be enough normally. Neocron only cares about CPU. I upgraded to i7 and now I don't have any problems anymore.

well but nevertheless: hit F11 ingame. There you can adjust the vegetation and overall world details. take the minimum value and you should be fine.

It is all about CPU. Your specs are very very low end. It is even remarkable that you are able to play the game with such specs.

SilentEye
02-05-13, 16:09
System specs:
Win7 Home Premium SP1
Amd E-300 1.3 ghz
3GB RAM
64 bit OS
Radeon HD 6310 Graphics, though this is onboard with 384MB dedicated RAM

I really hope a fix can be found for this soon as the mouse lag in these problem situations makes op-waring almost impossible.
I wasn't going to say anything but, with these kind of specs I don't think you're in the position to make such demands :P

You're hoping a fix can be found but, the fix is simple and I am afraid inevitable; upgrade your hardware!

Schattendieb
02-05-13, 18:52
Hu?

I played NC2.2 on a Duron 800 with 1GB RAM and 256MB Geforce and Win98SE .. it ran well with low details
now im on Athlon 64 X2 5200+, GF 250 1GB and 3GB RAM .. runs also well with maxed details.

SirFerret
03-05-13, 05:28
I wasn't going to say anything but, with these kind of specs I don't think you're in the position to make such demands :P

You're hoping a fix can be found but, the fix is simple and I am afraid inevitable; upgrade your hardware!

As soon as it is feasible, I will be upgrading my hardware. As for demands, I wasn't aware I was making any or that you were the forum police to berate other users.

Originally I played on a much lower end system, with something along the lines of a 1.0ghz system running WinXP. This system did not suffer from the FPS problems I and many others are experiencing now, so do us a favor and keep your unnecessary comments to yourself.

nabbl
03-05-13, 10:10
Originally I played on a much lower end system, with something along the lines of a 1.0ghz system running WinXP. This system did not suffer from the FPS problems I and many others are experiencing now, so do us a favor and keep your unnecessary comments to yourself.

Yes .. but things changed. There were a lot of effects added to the engine. The world has more detail than it had years ago. KK implemented graphic improvements with NC2.1.