PDA

View Full Version : [00817][R#180] Salvaging is broken

eNTi
10-03-13, 10:54
salvaging does not work AT ALL. i've tried several ammo mods and a self constructed weapon. the timer showed like 49 but when it was done i didn't get anything. no parts, no xp, no failed message, nothing.

Ivan Eres
11-03-13, 23:02
I tried salvaging too and I couldn't get it to work. At first I thought I was doing something wrong.

Would be nice to hear an official word on this or other people's experience.

Fasterbot
01-04-13, 12:13
Hello, and first of all sorry for my bad english.

I found a bug on salvaging that have no high-priority but which is very annoying.
I use salvaging and recycling on my scientist (99 INT and 214 research skill)
to level-up his DEX (65 DEX and 130 recycling skill), even i don't really need it but i want to cap this char.
I use it to decrease the cost for non-rare weapon constructing too,
'cause you get back a fair part of the construction parts you used to made them.

I use to salvage about all the stuff i loot on mobs i hunt with another char for trophies,
and mostly are basic weapon mods (some basic implants and armors too),
to get construction parts (and some chemicals) i recycle after to get higher ones.

The three basic mods for pistol (pistol-barrel, pistol-girostab and pistol-bullet chamber)
give nothing when they are salvage, no xp and no items in result, even they take lube and time,
and even they are exactly the same than other basic weapon mods (for rifle, heavy and hi-tech).

I salvage by accident some construction parts too (i remember weaponmod part 1 and 2)
and they give no item in result, i didn't see if they give xp 'cause it was by accident as i said.

If you can find where the problem is and how to resolve it without take all your time it's cool
otherwise just put it on your "to fix" list ^^.
I can try to find other items that are buggued like this if you want, on test server or even on retail,
but i prefer the first option, on retail it could cost me an arm to try everything ;).

eNTi
01-04-13, 17:09
i didn't find to manage something that actually gave me xp or items back from salvaging so far.

Fasterbot
02-04-13, 08:00
What's your recycle skill lvl eNTi ?
I didin't try to salvage something before lvl 100,
but i know for ages that salvaging need a good recycle lvl to give something.
And as you can see, i manage to get some good things about it ^^.

eNTi
03-04-13, 18:56
if it's really the skill that determines the outcome, then there should be at least a warning or a "failed" message. atm there's nothing of the sorts and you're just left empty handed.

Mozencrath
18-04-13, 08:51
I think I just said all that needs to be said in the title.....Why cant this be fixed? Is it not possible to fix this in the next patch or are players just going to continue destroying there gear with this tool?

Fasterbot
18-04-13, 10:53
I don't really know what you want to say, you're not enough explicit.
What do you try to salvage ? what's your recycling skill lvl ? etc...

As i said in another thread in this part of the forum (Problem on salvaging for some items.),
salvaging works well, some items are buggued, but after a lots of tests and try,
if you have enough recycling skill, you get a fair amount of the construction parts/chemical
used to make stuff, you just need a good recycling skill lvl.

Salvaging don't really need to be fix but to be reworked (add error messages, ajust skill req etc...)

Trivaldi
20-04-13, 10:17
What is the exact issue you're having here?

Jest
20-04-13, 12:13
He made a post earlier in the week about salvaging a 5 slot weapon and wrecking it. Either it still haunts him or he expected a different action and did it again.