PDA

View Full Version : Failed to connect, can login

lordofkhaoz
09-03-13, 21:17
hello all ! really excited to see that Neocron is now open to all ! but that excitment was walled by an inability to connect to the games servers.

ive opened ports, disabled av, running the launcher as admin. no luck at all.

any insights would be great !

Mokoi
09-03-13, 21:22
First of all, make sure you have a clear route to our servers, preferably by using mtr/winmtr on 085.214.039.213
Also, check your neocron updater.ini and ensure it is not set to "read only / write protected". The launcher needs to be able to alter the updater.ini settings.
When debugging, it also makes sense to launch Neocron in Window Mode so you do not miss alerts/popups in case your system throws one.

lordofkhaoz
09-03-13, 21:34
thanks for the response Mokoi.

i wont lie, i really am not sure by what this means "preferably by using mtr/winmtr on 085.214.039.213"

i check the updater.ini and its not set to read only or write protected. also tryed in windowed mode, no messages popped up.

Mokoi
09-03-13, 21:38
Your description of the issue sounds like the client has trouble speaking to the server - so the connection is troubled somewhere.
While "somewhere" boils down to the local machine in most cases, sometimes it is a hiccup further down the road, so it helps to verify where the problem occurs.
MTR is a tool that allows you to test the network route and each individual hop - you can find the tool here: http://winmtr.net/download-winmtr/

lordofkhaoz
09-03-13, 21:41
so i have winmtr up and i plugged the address you posted into it. it looks like its working ok. sending and receiving pakctes fine, but then again i might be wrong, what should i be looking for on this ?

lordofkhaoz
10-03-13, 07:45
i JUST noticed that i titled the thread with a typ-o, its meant to read "failed to connect, cant log in"

nEo-1664
10-03-13, 12:43
Just a thought, using somewhere link pastebin, copy into there and then post the link to what you have in your neocron.ini and updater.ini files :)

Might help check/confirm the information you currently have :)

lordofkhaoz
10-03-13, 20:40
while i still can not connect, i would like to give a shout out to nEo here, and damaged for all their efforts in trying to get me in game. very nice people.

lordofkhaoz
11-03-13, 22:08
// Neocron - BDoY INIFILE

PREFDRIVER = "(D3D9) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti "
PREFMODENAME = "WindowMode"
PREFWINDOWSIZE = "1024x768"
PREFSOUNDDRIVER = "Generic DirectSound Driver"
PREFSOUNDMIXER = "Generic DirectSound Mixer"

GAMMA = "1.1"
STARTUPMENU = "TRUE"
SHOWCONSOLE = "TRUE"
FASTRUN = "FALSE"