PDA

View Full Version : What is there to actually do in Neocron?

Lucas Kell
09-03-13, 17:09
Relatively serious question, and hopefully I won't instant get flamed and trolled, but...
What is there to actually do in Neocron?
I've been back for a few weeks now and I've started to realise there's very little to keep me occupied. Everything has already been done a million and one times. People have thousands of techs, millions of credits so there's really nothing to aim for.
I really loved Neocron back in the old days, but being back I can't help but feel that there is no targets, and nothing to achieve, so I'm really struggling to log on and play.

Help me people! Help me find the reasons to play again!

Nixon
09-03-13, 17:27
Make a PPU alt and dual log next to P2 zoneline.

Get PPU buffs, use 5 drugs, zone like hell and flame the shit outta everyone you manage to kill. Also talk OOC in Help channel.. Or better yet; spam everything in Help - even the stuff directed towards people on your local chat.

Oh.. and on a bit more serious note: op wars?

Mokoi
09-03-13, 18:55
I really loved Neocron back in the old days, but being back I can't help but feel that there is no targets, and nothing to achieve, so I'm really struggling to log on and play.
Help me people! Help me find the reasons to play again!

When you find out what it is that you want, join the cozy Testing & Development Section (http://forum.neocron-game.com/forumdisplay.php?231-Neocron-Testing-amp-Development) of the forum, where the shape and future of this game is subject of discussion. You can not only build something ingame, you can even help build the game itself (granted, mostly indirectly through feedback, discussing suggestions and reporting bugs).

damaged
10-03-13, 00:14
<3 nixon

William Antrim
10-03-13, 01:14
I wad just going to say roleplay but mokoi nailed it.

[TgR]KILLER
10-03-13, 11:48
Yea you can roleplay :P and I myself just love to hunt and level and everything.. I still find it quite enjoyable :p

Gunshifty
11-03-13, 15:30
Make Trophy Hunting characters. Head over to techhaven.org and look for the trophy hunting guide. Some trophies take literally 2+ hours to obtain and look pretty sweet in your apartment. Speaking of- apartments are a really huge time waster if you're feeling bored.

Other things to do are visiting the neocron zoo, exploring the depths of neocron, and finally, heading over the development forum like Mokoi posted above. (bug-o-cron is far from polished :P)

nabbl
11-03-13, 16:11
Things to do:

- Kill people
- Kill more people
- role play
- trade (have nice items)
- pve -> make some runs, get some shiny items, get trophies
- kill people
- furnish your appartment
- create a clan, join a clan, kill people (in op fights)
- test on the testserver!

It is sometimes just funny in Neocron. The more you engage with the world and other people the more motivating it gets. I once met a guy in Techhaven who was red for me. I still had some SI left so I couldn't kill him. He also had SI. So to get some time I stopped him just by saying "stop". Then I wanted some money from him. He wasn't willing to give me anything to we did some small RP-stuff. We had an epic battle afterwards (Energy barrel versus some non rare fusion pistol) until he suddenly fell off the techhaven entrance (like a 100 metres :-P) and died. We had so much fun. :-P

It's that kind of stories which make Neocron so entertaining. It is not like in games like WoW where you just do content after content. You are responsible for creating your own content just by immersing into the game.

Doc Holliday
11-03-13, 18:27
You are responsible for creating your own content just by immersing into the game.

That. Totally that last line. What makes this game great is how you as a player create your own experience with whats provided to you. Thats why i love people that can see past the dated graphics and just fall in love with this game for what it can do not how it looks.

Lucas Kell
11-03-13, 19:27
That. Totally that last line. What makes this game great is how you as a player create your own experience with whats provided to you. Thats why i love people that can see past the dated graphics and just fall in love with this game for what it can do not how it looks.
It's a lot harder now though. I used to love every second of Neocron. But now everyone's self sufficient, and everyone has everything they need so it's hard to find stuff to do. I'm not one to be ganking noobs or zoneline fighting for hours on end.
Thankfully there's a Neoocron API now so as a programmer I'll be able to use that to keep myself more interested for a bit :D

Faid
11-03-13, 20:01
I would suggest becoming involved with a clan. There is so much stuff do do when a clan is involved. Our clan is constantly doing stuff all the time, whether it be farming rares, OP fighting, doing missions for weapons, trading parts, Doing MC5, fighting in PP or p2, there's always stuf going on. Everyone always needs something done, barter, researcher, constructor, FSM, it's all quite engaged.

I agree with Nabbl, immersion into the NC atmosphere is the number one motivating factor of the game. Even f the graphics and mechanics are outdated. I showed a buddy of mine an OP fight video I made from a big fight we had last weekend and he pointed out the fact that the graphics looked horrible. I tried to explain why people still play such an old game and it's almost something you cannot describe, you have to experience it to get it.

gstyle40
12-03-13, 19:52
if grinding for gear is what u like to do, then neocron isnt the game for u. but if u like a game with virtually no boundaries, do what u want whenever u want. rp like a mofo, or just go kill people, then THIS is the place. have u done the regant pa mission yet by chance? that may be one of the most challenging missions in nc. if u havnt done it, i suggest u try it.