PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED][00200][T#182] Beam weapons getting animation but no damage.

William Antrim
07-03-13, 21:54
Today in p2 a friend and I were pvping and I noticed that I did not see any damage still sometimes with the Healing Light. He was a pe and I could see the shields activating and the fire animation of the weapon so I knew I was hitting. It hit a few times and did some damage but then I would get 3 or 4 consecutive more and they would not hit anything. I even waited for a moment or two to see if the server needed to catch up a little with the damage but it didnt.

Faid
08-03-13, 01:47
I had this yesterday with a creed also in p2, I would see the shot hit but it wouldn't register any damage.

RogerRamjet
24-03-13, 20:42
Tested it out a bit, in NF and on the battlefield, still seems bugged to me. Stood still an opponent took over 250 damage. During combat whilst moving, the damage didn't either register or extremely small amounts came off. Hits were confirmed by the opponent as hitting in their screen too.

PsiCorps
25-03-13, 18:42
I can confirm other beam weapons are affected - decided to dick about with a healing light last night.

maybe 6/10 shots register.
Half of the non registers show damage taken on the victims screen but merely just bounces back up.

Satan2k2
29-03-13, 18:35
http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?148149-T-184-Beam-Weapons-still-don-t-deal-dmg-on-moving-targets

All the answer I got from Alduin was: "I killed many people with my Healing Light on the test event"

Now he needs to trust me :D

It doesn't work for all laser weapons either (Creed/TT Epic/and so on). Sometimes the Ionic Shotgun isn't registered, too.

demonssword
29-03-13, 19:31
http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?148149-T-184-Beam-Weapons-still-don-t-deal-dmg-on-moving-targets

All the answer I got from Alduin was: "I killed many people with my Healing Light on the test event"

Now he needs to trust me :D

It doesn't work for all laser weapons either (Creed/TT Epic/and so on). Sometimes the Ionic Shotgun isn't registered, too.

Could it be an issue that your ping to server makes it miss while when the Devs are testing I assume they are close by so not getting as high ping so don't see the issue.
But yeah noticed the same problem myself with some beams missing on moving targets even when showing they hit.

eNTi
31-03-13, 19:48
it seems to happen with laser pistols as well. i did a ton of low level missions to gain symp by killing rats. i usually kill them with one hit, if i don't miss of course. i found, that i sometimes hit and even though i can see the damage number pop up the damage wouldn't register. just as if i missed.

eNTi
01-04-13, 17:08
if i'm not completely mistaken, then "lance" psi spells are also bugged. this is a major pain in the ass.

Satan2k2
28-04-13, 21:17
Will dump this, cause its still an severe issue.

Strife
29-04-13, 01:17
Confirmed.

Same issue happens with Revenge drones too.

nabbl
29-04-13, 09:40
Confirmed.

Same issue happens with Revenge drones too.

It is another issue with the revenge drones I think. KK once (with evo2.2 start I think) implemented a oneshot-protection and your health gets resetted.

Satan2k2
29-04-13, 20:28
That "oneshot-protection" is with ionic shotgun pistol, too. Or also called "healthjump" :D

gstyle40
30-04-13, 04:53
i was jut gonna say ive noticed damage not registering on many diffrent types of weapons. beam, plasma wave, ionic, grenades ect. i think the problem has been uncovered in this thread. its the healthbounce. its really bad in neofrag so please dont test in there lol. alot of people have had problems with beam weapons in general, but i never notice anything with my normal pvp setup which constist of drugs. xbeast, redflash, and destrosol x forte as well as holy heavy from ppu. so i cap my aim with my tank. a friend of mine told me that if u dont cap aim, u run into more non registered shots. i still havnt tested this theory but i will soon :D

PsiCorps
02-05-13, 14:21
Beam Weapon detection is also evident on mobs.
Seems to happen mostly with Creed.

I'll shoot a mob, I'll see the damage but it doesn't come off/aggro.
Other times, I'll miss on my screen - but shows as hits on other peoples screen.

Probably happens with more than just beam weapons, but it is more noticeable.

eNTi
02-05-13, 14:53
Beam Weapon detection is also evident on mobs.
Seems to happen mostly with Creed.

I'll shoot a mob, I'll see the damage but it doesn't come off/aggro.
Other times, I'll miss on my screen - but shows as hits on other peoples screen.

Probably happens with more than just beam weapons, but it is more noticeable.

i'm seeing this too on my ravager and i think this has to do with the client side prediction and latency. what essentially works against that theory is the fact that for me it even seems to be happening even if my latency appears good and there's no obvious warping/positional correction taking place. the mob just moves in a direction, is being hit and just doesn't lose any life, even though damage numbers are shown. maybe there's some weird geometry issues on certain maps so that the server "sees" a different geometry and thinks los is obstructed, when the client thinks otherwise. maybe even just for a short period of time. just guessing into the wild.

PsiCorps
02-05-13, 16:56
i'm seeing this too on my ravager and i think this has to do with the client side prediction and latency. what essentially works against that theory is the fact that for me it even seems to be happening even if my latency appears good and there's no obvious warping/positional correction taking place. the mob just moves in a direction, is being hit and just doesn't lose any life, even though damage numbers are shown. maybe there's some weird geometry issues on certain maps so that the server "sees" a different geometry and thinks los is obstructed, when the client thinks otherwise. maybe even just for a short period of time. just guessing into the wild.

I have it with static mobs, such as MC5 ones.
Standing in the same position both me and the mob and trying again seems to work.

Faid
02-05-13, 22:12
MC5 is a good example of this. When pulling the base commander often you will fire once and see damage numbers but in reality you havent hit him at all. This will happen 2 or 3 times in a row before the damage is actually registered and he gets pulled.

Bifrost
02-05-13, 23:42
Ok everyone. I need more information than what is being posted. When you say plasma wave weapons, I need to know which plasma wave weapon.

Also tell me if you are also holding down the mouse button to continuously fire, or tapping it to fire.

eNTi
02-05-13, 23:54
Ok everyone. I need more information than what is being posted. When you say plasma wave weapons, I need to know which plasma wave weapon.

Also tell me if you are also holding down the mouse button to continuously fire, or tapping it to fire.
Ravager, Creed. Holding down the mouse button, unless i lose aim. but it doesn't stop there. it think even lance psi spells are affected by this and most likely all weapons with a visible attack component, like pulse weapons.

i think the best way to show you the actual issue, would be if you were either to go hunt with them or try the mc5 example. maybe get direction from the people how to reproduce the scenario in mc5.

RogerRamjet
10-05-13, 13:28
NCPD Plasma wave not registering still. Issue only when target is moving.

Strife
10-05-13, 17:36
Healing light, tapping mouse

Ionic weapons seem to have the same issue. Rifle and Cannon that i've seen personally. Not sure of pistol.

Satan2k2
10-05-13, 18:50
ALL beam weapons = laser rifles, laser cannons, laser pistols, plasma waves
Ionic Pistol the same

Trivaldi
18-10-16, 03:25
Beam weapon hit registration should be significantly improved on Vedeena as of the time of writing. These improvements will make their way to Titan with the next patch.