PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of returning to game

Deno
06-03-13, 20:17
Hi,

Some of you might remember me from Terra (drakor trent (tank), artemus black (constructor)). I've heard that player pops are up and a new server has been made. I'm building a new pc in a few weeks and am considering coming back to NC. I have a few questions though!

1. Is there any way to transfer characters from Terra to the new server? (I understand that items presumably won't be transferred to keep the new economy in check, but having to grind is my main concern.)
2. How mature is the economy/raid scene as of now? Are there clans regularly raiding OPs? Are 5 slot weapons rare as hen's teeth still?
3. Is it still possible to solo reagents as a tank?
4. What price are unressed techs selling at?
5. Any english speaking clans around that partake in regular OP fights?

Thanks, hopefully see some of you ingame in the near future ;)

gstyle40
06-03-13, 20:30
I DO remember the name drakor trent. and to answer your q's

1 no transfers are available currently
2 lots of rares are about now. peeps have thousands of tech parts in their databases on th now. there are clans op fighting daily. and ive seen a few 5 slotters so im sure they are in circulation.
3 regants is as soloable as ever, cant say the same about anyplace else lol
4 unressed techs go for about 50k each
5 there are english speaking clans about, everyone has changed factions from terra so things are a lil diffrent. ff is tangent, sxr is crahn, rsc(terrarist) are tsunami to name a few. not sure what regz were on terra but they are CA now.

most importantly....we get PATCHES!!! and REUGULARLY!!!

so get back in game and get to levelin, who know's maybe they will bless us with another double xp weekend cuz they are nice :D

[TgR]KILLER
06-03-13, 20:45
And tbh leveling isn't as much as a grind as i remember but thats maybe because you know were to level now.

Deno
06-03-13, 20:47
I'm actually getting pretty pumped for this now. That's interesting how a lot of the old clans have switched factions.. I remember when FF were a force to be reckoned with. SXR were biotech when I last played I think.. Do people still fight in P2?

William Antrim
06-03-13, 20:53
Regz were inactive at the end of Terra. Last time I checked I think we were BD but that was like 6 years ago. We came back with the server move. I remember Artemis Black too.

As to all of your questions. The gameplay itself has changed very little in the last 2 or 3 patches since Titan started.However the game has changed in many ways. A LOT of the old bugs are gone. The core game is more stable than ever and there are game content patches right around the corner.

A test server is up and running and has free access to all. For example at the moment there is a patch being tested that will allow Non le'd PPU's to help buff you and heal you without taking out your LE. It is still in the test environment however but this alone shows you how committed the dev team is.

There is also a Neocronicle story line running, the Powder Keg, which has had a few events happen in the real world of late. Only a week or two ago there was an event in Plaza 1 directly related to that story line that played out right in front of some very startled runners. It was awesome!

Basically - despite the levelling grind you would face (I know because we all did it) - it is a great time to reactivate and find some old friends or make new enemies!

Faid
06-03-13, 21:41
If you ever enjoyed playing NC at all I would recommend coming back to at least try it out. The population is consistantly 200 - 400 people online. Theyve changed a ton of stuff and are fixing even more stuff. One of the major changes is the clipping, it's virtually gone from the game now. After OP fighting at Tyron last weekend I noticed that not one person clipped through the hill or the hackterm, where before thats all you would see. Things are moving forward.

Doc Holliday
08-03-13, 08:41
Do it.

Ps i remember both names but artemus black is the more familiar. Its a good time to come back for definite. the game is addictive as all hell still :)

Garfield
08-03-13, 11:17
YaY! Drakor, sex! fat welcome back.

Deno
08-03-13, 22:14
Aryt, it's official. I'll be ingame from 24th March onwards (assuming my PC build goes smoothly). I'll cya all ingame. Looking forward to some sewer rat missions and aggie cellars ;)

You guys better hope you still got your LE chips implanted. Drakor Trent is back in town.

unc0nnected
08-03-13, 23:38
Aryt, it's official. I'll be ingame from 24th March onwards (assuming my PC build goes smoothly). I'll cya all ingame. Looking forward to some sewer rat missions and aggie cellars ;)

You guys better hope you still got your LE chips implanted. Drakor Trent is back in town.

Yea that's kind of the unfortunate thing about NC now is that everyone has their LE's implanted :)

Deno
09-03-13, 03:19
Decided just to patch a copy of the game files i had on my uni laptop. Got ingame a few hours ago. First impressions great. Saw tonnes of 0/2 and 5/2 players running around which is refreshing. Feels good to be back ingame. One problem I'm having: sometimes when I zone into certain areas, the screen just becomes a block of colour. I can only remedy this by either logging out and resynching or by walking back to the previous zone. Anyone had any experience of this problem and what causes it?

phunqe
09-03-13, 07:59
Decided just to patch a copy of the game files i had on my uni laptop. Got ingame a few hours ago. First impressions great. Saw tonnes of 0/2 and 5/2 players running around which is refreshing. Feels good to be back ingame. One problem I'm having: sometimes when I zone into certain areas, the screen just becomes a block of colour. I can only remedy this by either logging out and resynching or by walking back to the previous zone. Anyone had any experience of this problem and what causes it?

Graphics bug. Toggle first/3rd person view and it goes away. Alt-E I believe (I've changed the key binding myself).

eNTi
09-03-13, 12:53
have you tried playing in windowed mode? there's a program that can remove the frame around the window.

Deno
09-03-13, 14:11
Thanks, that seemed to do the trick.

William Antrim
10-03-13, 01:18
It's a known and reported upon bug in the bug section. Thankfully its the only new one.