PDA

View Full Version : [00853] [T#182]positionupdate + incomeing hits

Powerpunsh
06-03-13, 02:23
hi there,

ive done some duels with scar blaze on the testserver and we've recognized an quite old issue with position update and hits. you are able to suppress the positionupdate with hits on your target.
E. g. you are doing a quite good movementjob. Circles, forward/backwards, sidewise, crouch etc. but while you get hit by plasmaballs, bullets or even the 3 hits of a plasma wave the movement is getting suppressed and therefore smoothed and slowed down on other clients.

My awesome paintskill may clarify this. :)
http://www.abload.de/img/positionupdate4jupa.jpg

The black lines shows what you are doing on your screen. The red lines shows what the guy and probably some other guys on their clients see. Its smoothed and slowed. The first case shows a warp which have been surely noticed by some more here. The other 2 are an example which may not have been noticed that much but actually happen quite often. The path gets bugged.

This bug has been there before 2.2 and its revieved due to the interpolation fix. Looks like the server doesnt know what to transmit first - Damage or position. :p

nabbl
06-03-13, 10:50
Yes I experienced that too. But I never realised this correlation.

netster
06-03-13, 13:28
I agree with Nabble. I did some work on my ppu@testserver yesterday, damage is reduced while doing a small WASD-dance. even thought i was only moving like centimeters on my screen, i saw like meterwide movements on my 2nd client. Aswell, after doing that, i was even able to rezz and take no damage at all.

€dit: I think its working on retail aswell.

netster
06-03-13, 13:30
Looks like the server doesnt know what to transmit first - Damage or position. :p
I would even go further: The server forgets the damage, because of lots position updates.

Powerpunsh
07-03-13, 01:04
I think it can happen in both ways. Positionupdates bugs and every hit counts or the hits doesnt count and the positionupdate works. :p

netster
07-03-13, 10:43
I think it can happen in both ways. Positionupdates bugs and every hit counts or the hits doesnt count and the positionupdate works. :p

We need some Hoder-Love to fix this. :(

Powerpunsh
07-03-14, 02:39
Short update on this: Overall it is fixed but:

Anyone experienced an issue with EoF tank vs. EoF Tank? I just did some duells and sometimes a whole bunch of shots in a row do not get registered for just one or even both. The movement didnt get suppressed from all what i could see.

Testarea: Neofrag
Server: Terra R#185

PS: 3k posts. :D

William Antrim
07-03-14, 02:55
Ive had issues with Creed not registering hits whilst moving. On mobs and players. Works fine when stood still but as soon as I move accuracy goes down to like 50% even though the animation "shows a hit" so to speak.

Powerpunsh
07-03-14, 14:50
Ye this is still another bug i think. Already posted a work around for it like making beam weapons theoretical like singleshot weapons. There will an invisible bullet fly through the animated beam. The hit comes delayed but this should work like any other singleshot weapon in pvp.

BlueRobot
07-03-14, 18:29
If you guys need people to join you for testing this you can pm me. I also noticed a lot of clipping/weird movement lately and it feels to me like it wasn't there 2-3 months ago Oo