PDA

View Full Version : [00828][T#182] No music

Dribble Joy
04-03-13, 19:50
Music on retail version works fine, test there is none at all. Music is set to full volume in the settings, also increased via ingame command.

Onboard sound controller with default drivers.

Bifrost
05-03-13, 11:55
What OS and Service pack are you using?

gstyle40
05-03-13, 18:37
thats odd, i have the complete opposite dj. i get no music on retail, and all the music i can stand on pts lol

Dribble Joy
05-03-13, 22:09
what os and service pack are you using?
xp, sp3

Dribble Joy
24-03-13, 21:10
R#181 also has this problem.

SilentEye
25-03-13, 10:38
I've never bothered with the test server but can I suggest re-copying your all the files from your normal Neocron folder to your Neocron test folder? Maybe there's just an error in one of the files.

It'd be a good check to see if it's that.

Schattendieb
25-03-13, 11:10
Althought it was announced in patch notes, music isnt working on my NC. SFX works fine.

Another thing is. I get freezed (cant move, but shoot, change viewing direction, do other actions) when im in Bunker at MB and some GM fires huge ammounts of mobs. I suppose its something with the impacts of rockets and grenades that freezes me to a spot. The only thing helping me out is /set reset_position .. or a quick relog. Its nothing evil, but annoying.

My System:
AMD Athlon 64 x2 5200+
3 GB Ram
NVidea GF GTS 250 1GB
Realtek HD Audio onboard
NC installed to: c:\Spiele\Neocron2\

Windows XP SP3
Running Game as Administrator and tried varios compatible modes with Win 2k/98SE

nabbl
25-03-13, 11:28
You should open a new bug report for this second issue.

Are you a PPU or do you use PPU spells?
This "glue-effect" could be tied to the use of PPU spells.

Schattendieb
25-03-13, 12:08
Aye. Used heal/protector. Is it a known issue?

Alena Imperia
15-02-14, 09:50
I have the same Problem: SFX works but Music do not work.

Have XP Home and SP3 too. At the old Version of Game it worked (as ReaKKtor was the Developer Team).
Is it allowed to copy the Soundfolder from the old KK-Version of Game to the Folder of the CommunityTeam-Version? Could it fix it?

Bifrost
17-02-14, 11:52
I have the same Problem: SFX works but Music do not work.

Have XP Home and SP3 too. At the old Version of Game it worked (as ReaKKtor was the Developer Team).
Is it allowed to copy the Soundfolder from the old KK-Version of Game to the Folder of the CommunityTeam-Version? Could it fix it?

The sounds files in the old "KK-Version" and the Neocron Community Edition are the same, so copying the files from an old install will not fix the issue.

I can confirm there is a bug where the music doesn't play on Windows XP SP3

Bruder Malmsdoo
17-02-14, 14:52
Same with wine/linux

Bifrost
17-02-14, 15:00
Same with wine/linux

I'm afraid running Neocron under Wine/Linux isn't supported by the Neocron Support Team.

However you will find other users around here who had success running Neocron with Wine. Someone should be able to advise you the correct settings for getting the music to work in Wine and Linux. ;)