PDA

View Full Version : the choices you make can bring the game to life...or kill it.

Arista Barret
27-02-13, 02:54
I would like to discuss an intrinsic flaw in the philosophies of problem solving related to the dynamics of the game.
Specify the problem is the first portion of problem solving. Analyze the problem is the second task. Possible solutions are then enacted.
Game dynamics encompass, as best they can, entire spectrum of order verses chaos. If we apply problem solving to this and allow it to run its coarse, you will find an inevitable end. Order. Order will simply destroy chaos and lead to elimination of the original problem.
I propose a different ideal. Thesis, antithesis, synthesis. Accentuate both sides of the equation and you will invariably accentuate the entire equation. You cannot take from one particular side without changing the paradigm. Your only choice is to balance both sides separately but equally.
This applies to the game mostly in the sense that you cannot work against the opposite side when you work to strengthen your end of the spectrum. On a personal level you still must choose a role that balances the overall paradigm of you wish to keep it intact. Anything otherwise is detrimental to the current state of the formula.
Now on to the roles that are lacking and further pushing us into the order from chaos. We need more senseless ganking. We need more scams and we need more drama for reasons to fight.
The next time someone hands you a gun to repair, you can choose to destroy the very foundations of the gAme we love or you can choose to steal that shit and laugh. :) now go and make some chaos becauze there is too much order and peace in nc.

Arista Barret
27-02-13, 02:59
...its so much easier to just say that i hate carebears.

Drachenpaladin
27-02-13, 03:24
Love. Power. Friendship. Trust. Hope. Friendship. Close4spam.

RogerRamjet
27-02-13, 03:30
Tl; dr.

yavimaya
27-02-13, 03:47
Why havent the devs written a script to auto-close any thread Arista makes?

Arista Barret
27-02-13, 04:07
This is an effort i made to be nice and at the request of the devs. if you have nothing to add...then run your mouth in game where i can fight back.

Powerpunsh
27-02-13, 04:20
So much pointless phrases. May i ask whats your target with this thread? Cause i dont really get the point...

Arista Barret please take a look on your keyboard. Think what comes next on our current situation? What may fit? Which letter are the best to fix all our problems? Are we kind? Do we deserve such help? Is there a sign of the universe which navigate us out of the thunder? in all believings in human being and what we might be or not is there a way to make things better for everyone in this game? probably yes and probably not. There are such things we just have to find them. Its more an adventure we should travel through our minds and get the right information or might we just sit on our arses and wait what comes next? This forum is an island of knowledge for us savants who found the way here and be one as an unit of the chosen ones. blablabla...

<--- You see it? they are the same shitloads of letters you are typing everyday on this forum. Noone likes them, noone wants them, noone needs them. If you wanna be a pseudophilosopher or anything in this kind please do it somewhere else. This is a gameforum and we talk about game related "specific" stuff.

Thanks in advance

Drachenpaladin
27-02-13, 04:24
Spambot = putting random phrases from a repository together to appear like an actual poster...

yavimaya
27-02-13, 04:28
I am trying to add something, but you dont write in readable english.
Its like you go to the local university and ask the nearest proffessor to give you a list of long words that will make you sound smart, then you put them randomly into sentences which end up making no sense.

Also, your obviously trying to bring the game down again, noone here really likes carebears, but what you suggest is clearly bad for the game and an attempt at sabotaging its rebirth.

Arista Barret
27-02-13, 04:40
This thread has been hijacked once again by a merry band of carebear posers supported by the devs only because you do and say exactly as you are told. you are all slaves. your life is that of an insect. Its guys like me that make the game good. its people like you that bring the same boredom in game that you share in life. These forums are worthless other than a social-jerk. I cannot speak on any subject besides pve and common malarchy. two subjects that Im not i interested in....message to the devs- i tried to be nice. I tried to do as you asked. The previous comments are what came of it. what's your next suggestion?

Drachenpaladin
27-02-13, 04:47
Its like you go to the local university and ask the nearest proffessor to give you a list of long words that will make you sound smart, then you put them randomly into sentences which end up making no sense.

May i repeat myself? No.

Arista Barret
27-02-13, 04:53

Also, your obviously trying to bring the game down again, noone here really likes carebears, but what you suggest is clearly bad for the game and an attempt at sabotaging its rebirth.
I don't appreciate your comments about my use of words. You are wrong. now please explain how i am tearing the game apart? If i am forced to work against the game....so be it. But that is not the case. when a New owner comes along, things will improve drastically.

yavimaya
27-02-13, 06:23
How? your trying to ruin the games economy by trying to turn everyone into a scammer. No one will trade with anyone ever once more than 1% of people are scammers.
Any new player who arrives into a world that you invision would leave after meeting the first player and being scammed and then rez killed 50 times.
What you suggest is not "being anti carebear" its just being a fuckhead, plain and simple.
This game has plenty of adult content, we are allowed to swear, we are allowed to scam, we are allowed to gank, there are drugs, strippers, murder and the like, why do you say it a carebear game and needs to be made more "hardcore"?

I could easily imagine that if you were in the army and in a warzone you would be the guy that says "hey guys, why are we just killing people? we should be raping thier children too! lets cut this guys head off and piss in it!"

Arista Barret
27-02-13, 06:27
Lol so far people seem to have closer ties to certain tradeskillers. those guys should be paying me for services rendered. making sure you trust someone is a good thing to practice in a cyberpunk setting. Don't you think everyone trusting everyone else is rather carebear?

yavimaya
27-02-13, 06:30
So those 100 times per day that you see people asking for CST in P1 are all actually calling apon thier favoured tradeskiller using some sort of magic codeword that only works for them, even though its the same codeword everyone uses?

Arista Barret
27-02-13, 06:35
All of those people are then introduced to the benefits of having a clan and friends in game. That's a good start as long as the trip presents a challenge also.

yavimaya
27-02-13, 06:40
No they are not, i have played since 2003 (or earlier) as you can see, I have only been in a clan once.
I have never had any friends ingame, yet i use random tradeskillers all of the time, im sure most people who use random tradeskillers are in the same position, else are the only clan member on and are in a hurry.

Arista Barret
27-02-13, 10:09
No they are not, i have played since 2003 (or earlier) as you can see, I have only been in a clan once.
I have never had any friends ingame, yet i use random tradeskillers all of the time, im sure most people who use random tradeskillers are in the same position, else are the only clan member on and are in a hurry.

So you played for over a decade and havnt made one friend. You played for over ten years and still don't have a tradeskiller? Id have to say you are prime meat for a bad deal. PvP is something that should be practiced in p1 and you can't ignore the warning signs.

William Antrim
27-02-13, 12:26
[ edited ]

yavimaya
27-02-13, 12:45
I have played on and off, I dont like making friends in MMOs.
I have a researcher, i would have a constructor too if i had more time to play, but im not a child anymore.

Biglines
27-02-13, 18:30
I have played on and off, I dont like making friends in MMOs.
I have a researcher, i would have a constructor too if i had more time to play, but im not a child anymore.

not judging, but why play an mmo? I would imagine a single player game like fallout or skyrim would be more interesting?
(I feel this is on topic since it is about the choices you make to play the game, if not, feel free to edit)

Arista Barret
27-02-13, 18:43
It would be nice to accentuate all play styles without hurting any other styles.

Chuck Norris
27-02-13, 19:51
not judging, but why play an mmo? I would imagine a single player game like fallout or skyrim would be more interesting?
(I feel this is on topic since it is about the choices you make to play the game, if not, feel free to edit)

because they are not neocron, why dont you go play those games? No one should be forced into a monolithic play style and forced into pvp sorry, doesnt matter how you dress it up.. have your pvp toons and have your pve toons imo, like normal people do (IMHO).

Arista Barret
27-02-13, 21:00
because no one should be forced into a monolithic play style...).

I wish the same held true for PvP.

Chuck Norris
27-02-13, 21:24
I wish the same held true for PvP.
what, doesnt even make sense man.

Gunshifty
27-02-13, 21:27
im surprised this thread isn't locked yet lol..

Arista Barret
27-02-13, 22:27
Its all just roleplay. off topic but how close is sxr to being ready for pepper fights and maybe op wars? in the evening American time zones i mean.

yavimaya
27-02-13, 23:00

lol biglines, why do you play MMOs when there are "chatrooms"?
I dont play to talk to people all day, i dont really consider people you cant see irl friends..... so.....
Its called atmosphere, single player games are boring as fuck, i had my childhood to play single player games, why would i want to still be playing them after 20+ years of playing games?

Gunshifty
27-02-13, 23:14
Its all just roleplay. off topic but how close is sxr to being ready for pepper fights and maybe op wars? in the evening American time zones i mean.

Ask Faid. In my opinion, a lot of us are PvP ready, but have been out of "practice" if you know what I mean.. Maybe a few more months and that rust should be going away.. lol

zii
27-02-13, 23:36
Ask Faid. In my opinion, a lot of us are PvP ready, but have been out of "practice" if you know what I mean.. Maybe a few more months and that rust should be going away.. lol

You cannot practice PvP with an LE in your head.

Powerpunsh
28-02-13, 00:18
Neofrag

Chuck Norris
28-02-13, 00:31
Neofrag

bingo!

gstyle40
28-02-13, 01:29
We all have a char or two "ready" for pvp but op fighting we need support class. Currently we have 2 ppus in clan but those guys r also good fighters. So we r still leveling. Not gonna make those 2 ppu all the time. And of course since we all work 5-6 days a week, its taking longer than we want. I personally work 60 hours/Wk and only really have Sunday to do anything. I'm also married, so my time is split with wifey LOL. Time......if I only had more of it

Powerpunsh
28-02-13, 02:04
We could do opfights but we wont until this runspeedissue is fixed. No need to get somekind of carpal tunnel syndrom. :)

Faid
28-02-13, 02:33
Two of the main obstacles lately have been MC5 chips and decent weapons. The MC5 chips are now pretty much sorted and so are the weapons mostly, I don't have to tell how difficult it is to come across ATP of CS lol

We do however PVP when the chance arises, all of us have at least 1 char ready. OP fighting is next up for us, probably gonna test the waters this weekend.

Arzon
28-02-13, 03:10
stop trolling faid, literally, every post this guy makes, he is just trolling, I feel he deserves a temp ban for this, it is breaking the rules of the forums

Gunshifty
28-02-13, 03:37
You cannot practice PvP with an LE in your head.

So you're assuming we have LEs in our head? Hmm okay..

IanKett
28-02-13, 06:27
stop trolling faid, literally, every post this guy makes, he is just trolling, I feel he deserves a temp ban for this, it is breaking the rules of the forums

Then by that logic shouldn't you be banned for spam? Or constantly talking shit?

Arzon
28-02-13, 06:59
Constantly talking shit? I have made (this will the the 4th) post in almost a year of being on the forums

yavimaya
28-02-13, 07:02
Constantly talking shit? I have made (this will the the 4th) post in almost a year of being on the forums

I think he meant consistantly, not constantly.

Faid
28-02-13, 07:52
I think he was joking, calms downs peoples :p

IanKett
28-02-13, 08:59
I think he was joking, calms downs peoples :p

Aye a wee joke but people seem so worked up in here haha

Gunshifty
28-02-13, 17:40
Apparently there are a lot of people who like trolling Faid. [ edited ]

IanKett
28-02-13, 19:43
Apparently there are a lot of people who like trolling Faid. [ edited ]

With the sheer amount of whining no wonder, got to have a laugh on during the raw whining episodes.

Biglines
28-02-13, 20:01
lol biglines, why do you play MMOs when there are "chatrooms"?
I dont play to talk to people all day, i dont really consider people you cant see irl friends..... so.....
Its called atmosphere, single player games are boring as fuck, i had my childhood to play single player games, why would i want to still be playing them after 20+ years of playing games?

I play mmo's because I like playing in teams with people I like, having fun playing a game towards a common goal. I also spend a lot of time in teamspeak "chatrooms", mmo's for me just combine the two.

that said, I didn't say I consider the friends I make online the same as irl friends, they are two seperate groups of people. But they are friends.

As I said, I wasn't judging, I was genuinely interested in why you play mmo's over single player games, if it isn't the social aspect of them. I don't like most single player games either, but for me that's mostly because I like to interact with people.

Gunshifty
28-02-13, 21:10
With the sheer amount of whining no wonder, got to have a laugh on during the raw whining episodes.

Oh yes, NC is full of people complaining/whining and not enough comic relief. There's a reason why I display my character names proudly on NC forums :).

Arista Barret
28-02-13, 23:07
SuXoRz....that is all.