PDA

View Full Version : Scammer prison?

Arista Barret
25-02-13, 18:44
It would be pretty cool to have some kind of penalty for scamming. or maybe a most wanted list? Anyone have an idea that could i introduce penalties and rewards for this aspect of game?

WuTangClan
25-02-13, 21:28
Here's an idea to add on your scammer prison with role play aspect: City Administration and the Cop Bots deploy an undercover vice task force to pose as runners in need of service, if they catch a scammer; the scammers soul light goes to -100 for 24 hours and sent to Outzone Jail. The scammer can leave if they wish but takes the risk of loosing their items with bad Soul light during xx amount of time.

Riddle
25-02-13, 22:23
I have a small idea.

how about, the thieving bastards stop hiding behind role play as an excuse.....

p.s. Ban scammers...end of.

Britney
25-02-13, 22:50
I have a small idea.

how about, the thieving bastards stop hiding behind role play as an excuse.....

p.s. Ban scammers...end of.

Well however nice that sounds it's not really something you can do an awful lot about as GM team. How are you gonna provide conclusive evidence that someones a scammer to ban him? Could well be turned into a whinefest if its a punishable offense.

unc0nnected
25-02-13, 23:03
Well however nice that sounds it's not really something you can do an awful lot about as GM team. How are you gonna provide conclusive evidence that someones a scammer to ban him? Could well be turned into a whinefest if its a punishable offense.

Well you could have an in-game recording system where you could just click a button to start recording, conduct the trade and then click a button to stop.. Recording system could have a 15 second max life on it where it just frapped to your hard drive.. Or you could just turn on fraps for the duration yourself as we all know that we aren't going to get something this complex in game with so many more important things to take care of. Send it into the GM and see what happens.. That being said it's kind of a buyers beware type game so who knwos if they would even do anything besides tell you to be more careful next time

Ziu
25-02-13, 23:32
...Send it into the GM and see what happens...
helpdesk@neocron.info.

End of this discussion.

Possibly the threadstarter creates a more specific thread at the correct forum.
No need to, just a hint.