PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought

Arista Barret
22-02-13, 05:34
So...If I take a zero and it is nothing. Am i correct to assume I can create +1? And if so please explain.

yavimaya
22-02-13, 08:24
I assume you can add a +1 to anything. Assuming that +1 adds instead of subtracts.

Arista Barret
22-02-13, 09:48
So i will add +1 to 1. 1+1=2. So i can see that two is made of 2x1. What am i to assume the 1 is made of? 1x1. What is zero made of? Nothing?

yavimaya
22-02-13, 10:55
Why cant you simply add 1 to 0? that is how 1 comes into existance in the first place.
Nothing is nothing, everything is something or it doesnt exist.

Tl;Dr: You're crazy! http://forum.thecomatorium.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/wacko.png

Doc Holliday
22-02-13, 11:20
this is a binary joke? right?

Riddle
22-02-13, 12:32
Maths can do anything....if you don't fully appreciate the finer points....

For example:-

Given a = b then this implies

a - b + b = b Now divide both sides by (a-b)

a - b + b = b
_________ _____
(a-b) (a-b)

Then reduce the left side to be

1 + b = b
_____ _____
(a-b) (a-b)

Then subtract b/(a-b) from both sides and you have

1 = 0

:D

Norton Hoyle
22-02-13, 18:03
Maths can do anything....if you don't fully appreciate the finer points....

For example:-

Given a = b then this implies

a - b + b = b Now divide both sides by (a-b)

a - b + b = b
_________ _____
(a-b) (a-b)

Then reduce the left side to be

1 + b = b
_____ _____
(a-b) (a-b)

Then subtract b/(a-b) from both sides and you have

1 = 0

:D

You divided with zero you little cheater. ;)

Norton Hoyle
22-02-13, 18:08
Also, here's a little reading for Barret:
http://books.google.hu/books/about/The_Book_of_Nothing.html?id=sU_K0wbBeugC&redir_esc=y

This should satiate your interest about 0. :) (Only parts of the book are about the mathematics though, some of it deals with physics and cosmology, but it still should be very much educational if you want to learn about the "origin" and the little titbits of zero.)

Arista Barret
22-02-13, 19:59
If in the past I had faith, now i have knowledge. So we did just define reality based on fantasy. Now back to the math...it seems a great leap of faith to take another step. But no leap as impossible as the first. If every action has an equal and opposite reaction, How does one initiate the process? By creating +1, I created -1. This means I also nullified my intent. 1=0. Outside of space and time (matter), we have ideas and thoughts formed of nothing but pure creative force. Any comments? I will read that book.

Arista Barret
22-02-13, 20:04
I assume you can add a +1 to anything. Assuming that +1 adds instead of subtracts.
I think you can assume that creating +1 instantly creates -1 if thats what you mean by subtraction.

Arista Barret
22-02-13, 20:30
1+1=2. 2+1=3. Geometry, created instantly after 2, allows for 1+1=2. 2x2=4. 4x2=8 etc. By creating +1 you create -1. This is the construct of 2. Duality. A duality allows us to create a duplicate duality...4. It seems that existance is non linear and therefore becomes reality by deviating from the origin in equal progression. We exist in multiple demensions simultaneously. We are nothing more than multiples of zero created by something from nothing. This is impossible but are we not breathing? The nothing we are created from must then be "something". Define this "something".

Personally i feel that we are all already dead. The glass is broken when it is created. Only this idea we call time has any bearing on the glass being broken or created.

yavimaya
22-02-13, 23:40
I think you can assume that creating +1 instantly creates -1 if thats what you mean by subtraction.

No, no, that was simply to confuse people.

phunqe
22-02-13, 23:51
Zero is absence, not existence.

lawless
22-02-13, 23:52
In the universe there may never exist one side without the other.
Light | Darkness
Hot | Cold
On | Off

This is not only science, though it is an universal matter. So given the fact that there is "0" is must be defined by somewhat in order to find the other half of the equation.

In space there cannot be nothing, though there is matter which we cannot see with our pure eyes and even with our highest developed technology it is rather impossible (at the given time) to see what there is not :)
Math as like every science, implies the use of energy to define the numbers. The number "1" can hold 1 energy at a time, while the number "2" contains 2 energy.

While there is no "no energy", the number "0" will be defined by the smallest possible amount of energy one human being (given the technology) may measure.

Also, if you define a number "0" there must be an indicator pregiven, likewise a nameholder, a variable or such. A variable may look like this:

0 = "" (no amount set)
1 = "1" (amount set)

So even if there was the slightest chance that the number "0" would really contain the amount of 0 energy, the placeholder / variable would have been created to set the amount, while it can never be 0.

Arista Barret
23-02-13, 02:37
...and so would you define the original duality as 0+1? Does that mean a perfect negative is pregiven? -1+0+1=0. Would you define the 1 as a negetive of zero or a perfect copy? Zero would have to be all instead of nothing. Say purple is zero and you say blue is -1 and red is +1. if zero is everything outside of time, then it is eternal. In either case, i don't see where blue red and purple are opposites or duplicates. perhaps it is just time that allows for the transition that is inevitable.

Arista Barret
23-02-13, 02:41
Light, dark, and everything in between.
Hot, cold, and everything in between.
Off, on, and....everything in between?

yavimaya
23-02-13, 03:21
Mustn't be any Mods on today....

phunqe
23-02-13, 04:20
Regarding empty space. Remember the total void beyond current space-time, what the universe is actually expanding into.

Obviously we don't have much clues about this as of yet, but it's nonetheless a topic of conversation that can go on for hours into the night :)

I could sit hours on end listening to and discussing astronomy, physics and string theory. It's something we still have so much to learn about. One of my greatest wishes in life is that we sometimes before I die make at least one great discovery, something that can and will change our future drastically.
I do however believe that we will first see a paradigm shift in computers, into quantum computing or beyond. Without this computing power I don't think it will be possible to continue into advanced physics such as folding or warping space or having practical quantum physics applications.

phunqe
23-02-13, 04:20
Mustn't be any Mods on today....

Albeit off topic, rather harmless considering :)

Arista Barret
23-02-13, 05:30
Albeit off topic, rather harmless considering :)

This forum section is to discuss anything we like right? Physics, cosmology, and philosophy are the only things more interesting that Neocron. Besides women ofc. Id like an education on all things e=mc2. What this is all about for me is beyond philosohical numerical evaluation. It is about the happening called the big bang. I wonder what force caused the bang. How did it happen. The idea of dark matter is intriguing. The speed of light is a standard? On huge cosmic scales, I can see a balance of forces like a wave of transition between matter and pure energy of radiation. The big bang seems badly named. It seems to me that our transition from zero to infinite happened faster than time or the speed of light. Its like time writing itself before it happens.
This collection of particals our minds exist within is also intriguing. The imagination is flawless yet still occurs within the 4th demension. Maybe this is the only reason our thoughts arent flashing around the cosmos unrestrained by physics. Who knows, maybe we are beyond time and just dont know it yet. Without reference points, we would travel into the future and the planet would be in another place and the cosmos would have expanded beyond us. We might be smaller than before the time travel occured considering the current balance of gravity and dark matter.
I believe we will find answers by studying black and white holes and the speed of light. Inside a black hole, time is slowed so much that you begin to compact and shrink. You are then eternal. What if the black hole is a microcosm? If we were inside of a cosmic blackhole of sorts, would it not appear with the same physics as we see now looking into the dark matter from this blue dot?

yavimaya
23-02-13, 07:04
I've always thought of community talk to be talk about anything, i dont know when the transition happened but these days it seems to be "keep it to NC related talk" and such.