PDA

View Full Version : Private Eye [INFO/TIPS]

Shirlias
20-02-13, 15:02
Im playing with NSKILL and have some issues with PE.
Seems he's unable to use both mc5/pa3 and rare weapons.

It's an old bugged version or there's only other ways? ( Drugs drugs drugs! )

Im talking about rifle/pistol pe ( hc and melee seem deads cause high str required for weapons, but hc is still good to cap const very fast! ), but every help would be accepted.

Thanks for reading.

Dropout
20-02-13, 15:53
Im playing with NSKILL and have some issues with PE.
Seems he's unable to use both mc5/pa3 and rare weapons.

It's an old bugged version or there's only other ways? ( Drugs drugs drugs! )

Im talking about rifle/pistol pe ( hc and melee seem deads cause high str required for weapons, but hc is still good to cap const very fast! ), but every help would be accepted.

Thanks for reading.

Yes, drugs is usually needed to be able to use the different implants/PA3.
Make your setup so the items stays active after the drug wears off though.. ;)

Shirlias
20-02-13, 16:16
what about logout/relogg? items will be active at the same time and get supported together?

Btw seems kinda hard, but still awesome :D

Dropout
20-02-13, 16:24
what about logout/relogg? items will be active at the same time and get supported together?

Btw seems kinda hard, but still awesome :D

That works aswell, but when you have to get the implants in or the PA3 on, you're still gonna need 'em drugs ;)

William Antrim
20-02-13, 17:12
Since they nerfed the SF you need to use a coordination advancement 3 for the extra dex to get to the decent guns. Anything lower than TL100 is not worth it.

Dropout
20-02-13, 18:02
Since they nerfed the SF you need to use a coordination advancement 3 for the extra dex to get to the decent guns. Anything lower than TL100 is not worth it.

Nerfed the SF?

Shirlias
20-02-13, 21:07
nerfed all brian implants ( bonus skill ).
A PE can barely reach 101 dex, and have to take drugs to use major rifles ( same for pistols ).

seems like it's still fine in 1v1 but totally useless in op fights ( an apu would be more useful ).

Btw, @William, waiting for fixes is useless to use lowtech rifles ( PE and Termi, or pistols like Liberator and WE ) ? Just in op fights or also 1v1?

Dribble Joy
20-02-13, 21:37
Wait, you mean no rare imps at all? Or just MC5?

Dropout
20-02-13, 22:07
nerfed all brian implants ( bonus skill ).
A PE can barely reach 101 dex, and have to take drugs to use major rifles ( same for pistols ).

seems like it's still fine in 1v1 but totally useless in op fights ( an apu would be more useful ).

Btw, @William, waiting for fixes is useless to use lowtech rifles ( PE and Termi, or pistols like Liberator and WE ) ? Just in op fights or also 1v1?

Honestly, to be truely usefull at an opfight as a PE, you need WoC..
The (108dex) IAR is a beast on a PE.
http://i49.tinypic.com/200saxg.jpg
VERY fast made setup, while being drunk.. So its not actually hard to achieve, but it does need WoC..

Shirlias
21-02-13, 00:54
@DJ: I mean no rare imps / Mc5

both needs to lose a slot for a 4,8 dex chip ( 1 useless slot ) or drugs.

@Dropout: yeah i did one similar on NSKILL, but still u need:

-to fuck up your psi skills ( dex glove )
-to activate weapons with drugs
-to waster a brian slot with a "coordination advancement v 3.0"

I know pe is not a spy, but what im asking is that "with low tech weapons or low lvl rare hi-tech weapons is possible to play?"
If so, only 1v1 or also op fights?

I would like to play a solo tanky char, but want to know if using low lvl rares is useless or only useless against a ppu shielded target.

edit: also, for a Pistol PE, which setup? For solo and Op fights.

edit2: another1, who deal psi dmg? i see u put all psi points into resist psi dmg

Dribble Joy
21-02-13, 01:36
The Reaper Assault rifle is another option, dex 106. If you don't got rifle, then you have the xbow at dex 100.

Shirlias
21-02-13, 01:39
So 1v1 all weapons under tl 106 re useless?
against a no shield / self shield ( no ppu ) target?
Also @ op fights?

edit: triyng many setup on NSKILL, but impossible to know how weapons re or not effective :p

Dribble Joy
21-02-13, 02:05
There's effective and then there's 'better'. There's a few weapons that are viable and some which are 'easy to use'. The xbow's clip is huge and it has a low rate of fire, yet if the judge had a 40 round clip it would out dmg it. The problem with the judge is it's aiming, it simply doesn't have the same mid-lock performance as the xbow. With the recent fixes the BoH might be good, but I have no idea.

Most high level rares are also energy based, which most people over-spec into resists/armour.

Without the rare imps you are probably going to be in a bad way, if the imp system didn't bias towards high TL, them you might be OK, but it does.

That said however, the Swat rifle (TL96, lower tl version of the Reaper) is a good choice (though afaik it needs WoC).

Shirlias
21-02-13, 02:16
seems ok, but i was thinking about a TL 93 or lower, for a lowtech rifle/pistol pe with PPR.
Wonderful resistances + selfshields, nice speed... but what about dmg?

Pain Easer and Terminator re viable as rifles?
Liberator and Wyatt Earp re viable as pistols?
( thinking about 1v1 and so without target with ppu shields on )

And for op fights ofc i can switch brian implants and join as high TL weapon user ( or tl 100 crossbow if pistol user ).

Another question... do psi resist work atm? if so, which weapons deal psi dmg?

nabbl
21-02-13, 03:10
I know pe is not a spy, but what im asking is that "with low tech weapons or low lvl rare hi-tech weapons is possible to play?"
If so, only 1v1 or also op fights?

I would like to play a solo tanky char, but want to know if using low lvl rares is useless or only useless against a ppu shielded target.

edit: also, for a Pistol PE, which setup? For solo and Op fights.

edit2: another1, who deal psi dmg? i see u put all psi points into resist psi dmg

It is possible to play a PE with Libby and Tsu-Epic, Paineaser and what so ever. But it is hard. Very hard. You will have to be better than others. (which is indeed not so hard when you look at these wonderful holo-PA-AK47 Spies with no skill and no aiming and speed only)

Shirlias
21-02-13, 10:46
Think runspeed adjustment will come, as class balance ( i know atm a tank or a spy re more powerful than APU or PE ), but i don't care that much. Do not want to be godlike cause class.

Just play, have fun and be at least "competitive" ( also if the skill i don't have is needed xD )

edit: HC/MC PAs for PE re no longer avaibles? Can't find em on NSKILL

edit2: another one... i read the topic about % scaling weapons...

http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?118196-Neocron-2-Skills-Guide-English-amp-French

i know is kinda old as thread, but i just wanna know if is still ok or there's another one ( cause for instance MC seems working with Weapon Lore )

Dropout
21-02-13, 11:56
Honestly Shirlas, PE's is the class the needs rare imps the most (MC5/SF or SWAT).
Without them, you just wont have enough dex or combat skill.
And Theres no point in having a "tank'ish" PE that cant do damage.
Personally I would NEVER use a setup with less than 185 PC/RC, and honestly, I dont like using setups with less than 200 PC/RC, however for no-PA setups, thats pretty impossible to gain :p

Pain Easer and Libby are actually alright weapons, but you need to be better than your enemy in pretty much all cases.
Hell, the TL92 pulselaser pistol is pretty decent aswell.
You will not be OP-viable with these weapons however. I think the lowest tl weapon that is OP-viable is the Desperado which is tl 103.

About Nskill, it does miss quite a few items. But you can add them yourself. Just use THN for the stats/item-names :)

Shirlias
21-02-13, 12:19
with my setup i get 195 pc self buffed as tanky pe ( should be ok enough for pking and solo ).
Im not sure about weapons ( cause there re many news and cause not sure about low TL rare weapons. Think i'll have to try my own ).

1 more info, what about tl 82 Plasma rifle and fusion pistol?

Dropout
21-02-13, 12:31
with my setup i get 195 pc self buffed as tanky pe ( should be ok enough for pking and solo ).
Im not sure about weapons ( cause there re many news and cause not sure about low TL rare weapons. Think i'll have to try my own ).

1 more info, what about tl 82 Plasma rifle and fusion pistol?

I wouldnt bother..
With that amount of PC without rare imps, how much AGL do you have..? Being slow = being dead

Dropout
21-02-13, 17:43
Actually.. The TL 81 pulselaser rifle is alright.

Shirlias
21-02-13, 23:19
I wouldnt bother..
With that amount of PC without rare imps, how much AGL do you have..? Being slow = being dead

without drugs 76 runspeed, with 84,3.

Dropout
22-02-13, 00:47
without drugs 76 runspeed, with 84,3.

That is very slow..
All my PE (and spy) setups has about 91-96 runspeed.. My tanks usually have 101-105 runspeed..
Those numbers are obviously WITH drugs though, but still.. ;)

Shirlias
22-02-13, 00:51
cool. Gotta see the new pvp system ( no freeze items and no runspeed cap ).

hatmankh
22-02-13, 12:22
That is very slow..
All my PE (and spy) setups has about 91-96 runspeed.. My tanks usually have 101-105 runspeed..
Those numbers are obviously WITH drugs though, but still.. ;)

How many drugs? 4?

Dropout
22-02-13, 14:33
How many drugs? 4?

On PE's/Spies 2. On tanks 2 for speed one for STR/HC

William Antrim
22-02-13, 15:41
If youre gonna take 3 then take 4, the flash is the same.

hatmankh
22-02-13, 16:11
Flash isn't the problem, the problem is the time you can use it for before you're locked out of using drugs to remove flash and you're stuck crouched.

Dropout
22-02-13, 18:39
Flash isn't the problem, the problem is the time you can use it for before you're locked out of using drugs to remove flash and you're stuck crouched.

This^

nabbl
22-02-13, 19:11
cool. Gotta see the new pvp system ( no freeze items and no runspeed cap ).

yeah have fun ... :P