PDA

View Full Version : [00330][R#180]Pumpgun doesn't hit twice

Morpheuz
20-02-13, 01:31
I am not really sure if it is a bug but the Pumpguns cost 2 Ammo per shot but only hit once.

But shouldn’t they hit twice ?
For every bullet they use one hit and one Dmg, so that they should hit twice per shot ?

MFG

William Antrim
20-02-13, 14:22
Maybe the 2 rounds hit simultaneously and get added together so you only see one value.

Gunshifty
20-02-13, 22:07
I am not really sure if it is a bug but the Pumpguns cost 2 Ammo per shot but only hit once.

But shouldn’t they hit twice ?
For every bullet they use one hit and one Dmg, so that they should hit twice per shot ?

MFG

Have you tried this out with the Terminator? (I would if I had one). Otherwise you're correct, I believe you're suppose to see two damage ticks.. I could be wrong.

Dropout
20-02-13, 22:18
Have you tried this out with the Terminator? (I would if I had one). Otherwise you're correct, I believe you're suppose to see two damage ticks.. I could be wrong.

In the case of the Ion weapons (all shotgun'ish weapons and takes multiple ammo per shot), I agree with this. However a weapon like Termi is SO horrible that this simply cannot be the case.
Sadly this is just one of many examples of balancing gone (REALLY, REALLY) wrong.

Gunshifty
20-02-13, 22:46
I thought the all shotguns showed 2 ticks of damage though? (i.e. shotguns = 2, burst rifles (PainEaser) = 3, Gatling = 4/5) If they don't show 2 ticks..I must've been dreaming.

Morpheuz
21-02-13, 10:24
Maybe the 2 rounds hit simultaneously and get added together so you only see one value.
Thats a possibility of course. But it would be nice to hear if it works this way or not :)
On the other hand that would mean teh Shotguns have a massiv Ammo use without having a comperibal Dmg (in low lvl and in my opinion of course)

I am just low lvl with my PE so i could only test it with the first two shotguns (dex 9/23) but i think it will be the same with higher TLs.

I thought the all shotguns showed 2 ticks of damage though? (i.e. shotguns = 2, burst rifles (PainEaser) = 3, Gatling = 4/5) If they don't show 2 ticks..I must've been dreaming.
I was also sure that it works this way(and i believe it was in the past) but maby it is a bug or they changed it for shotguns in the past?

MFG

Gunshifty
22-02-13, 22:10
Maybe i'm thinking of how fusion pistols (i.g. The Executioner) functioned by showing two ticks of damage. I should really get on the test server and check it out, maybe this weekend if I remember.

damaged
26-02-13, 08:56
yeah i thought its calculated internal too but the damage is just way too low, same for Ray of God.

Gunshifty
27-02-13, 21:45
I hope the DEVs see this post and make it so that guns like the pumpgun add one additional damage tick.

hatmankh
27-02-13, 21:54
I'm actually surprised a dev hasn't posted here yet, this should be very simple to test and then reply telling us if the way it is now is intended or not.

Gunshifty
27-02-13, 22:08
I'm actually surprised a dev hasn't posted here yet, this should be very simple to test and then reply telling us if the way it is now is intended or not.

Oh... if only I could give you 100 up-votes for this.