PDA

View Full Version : Information on "How a system works" for different things

Deus Ex Machina
19-02-13, 19:20
At the moment a few systems/things, that are critical to the game, are not really clear until you try it.

Coming to my mind:
-) SL rules (how much do you lose, where when, under what conditions, what happens when its yellow or red, or what influence does the height of the SL have)
-) Vehicle rules (Should you be able do damage a Vehicle of someone with a Law enforcer if that person isn't inside it, should you be able to destroy it, what happens when a vehicle is destroyed, ...)
-) Maybe the way weapon stats are calculated at the moment (There IS a thread somewhere, but is buried deep and I think hidden in a patch note thread, where the 2.2 balancing is explained. Its also on Tech Haven Network I think though)

It would be nice if for some systems there would be information avaiable how they work. Best would be if they would be accessible from ingame, but a forum where only GMs can post and others only read would do the trick too.
I am sure there are other things that, at the moment, you can only find out by talking to someone ingame or finding a reliable, up to date net source, because the information is otherwise not avaiable through the game.

William Antrim
20-02-13, 00:09
Hopefully with the balancing they will release the background information (the hows and the whys).

Deus Ex Machina
20-02-13, 09:45
Just thought on two other points that may be considered to be avaiable as information:

-) How is an outpost hacked
-) Where do you get in hacknet when you hack certain GRs (nearly always faction DNS)