PDA

View Full Version : Custom RPOS?

Norton Hoyle
19-02-13, 14:04
I've been looking for a way to customize my RPOS lately - not that I have a problem with the original one, but I thought maybe I can make it look a bit more hi-tech/fancy/minimalistic/whatever. However, since Neocron is a somewhat old game, it's not easy to find up-to-date resources for it. I have stumbled upon this site recently: http://rpos.neocron3.com/index.htm It has 3 RPOS skins, which look pretty kick-ass (especially the skynet one), but whenever I tried to install them, the game just CTDd right after startup. As far as I can tell, the downloaded files differ greatly from the ones in the original gfx/rposv3 folder (the original hud seems to consist of two bmps only), could it be possible that the later patches changed the way the game builds the RPOS up? The latest skin the site features was made in 2010, could the game have changed that much since or am I doing something wrong? As it is mentioned in this thread http://forum.neocron-game.com/showthread.php?137284-Neocron-Custom-H-U-D-Contest-Updated-R-P-O-S-files, the RPOS files have been changed since 2.2. Are there any good custom skins out there since that update? I've been trying to find some, but it's hard to gather resources regarding this game since so many of the sites are either out of date or already deleted.

TL : DR - I want to find a custom RPOS that works with 2.2. Is there anything like that on the net? If yes, could someone send me a link?
Thanks in advance!

Michael Corvin
19-02-13, 16:12
All three RPOS are up2date and working fine... the Problem must be something else...
Note: The BMP Files have to be placed in exact this path... "Neocron Folder" --> gfx --> rposv3

Norton Hoyle
19-02-13, 18:32
Wow, am I talking to the creator of those RPOSs? First of all let me just say that you did an amazing job, they all look very promising!

I have followed you instructions on the site, but I get a CTD after the game says "Synchronizing".

By default, I have two files in that folder, pak_rpos_generep2.bmp, and pak_rpos_generep2a.bmp.
I have tried removing them and unpacking the rest there, and I have also tried leaving them and unpacking the new files. This far I experimented with the Sky-Net interface mod (because it looks simply amazing) and the Enhanced Core System mod (because it seemed the most up-to-date), but both caused CTD when I tried to open the game.

I'll try to install them both again once I have some time (somewhat later tonight), and will give you an update, we'll see if we can figure out what to do, should the problem persist.

Michael Corvin
19-02-13, 20:33
It must be a Client Problem, because the Files are working. I downloaded them and try them on three Machines.. no errors. Client crash exactly when it's try to load the UI is definitly not a common bug. ^^ Maybe a Filecheck or a fresh new installation of the Client would solve the Problems. I have no idea why this is happening... =/

Edit:
btw. u can delete pak_rpos_generep2.bmp & pak_rpos_generep2a.bmp from the rposv3 folder when u are using one of the Custom RPOS... The Client don't use the PAK Files when there is a uncompressed version in the folder.

Norton Hoyle
20-02-13, 01:31
Got them working today!
I don't know what I did wrong, maybe it was a client problem, I did everything the same way again and now it's working.
Amazing job with the RPOSs, they should really spice up the game! ;)
Sorry for the inconvenience and great job once again!

William Antrim
20-02-13, 14:25
Can you please post the screen shots of these please. I'd like to see them.

Biglines
20-02-13, 19:15
the site linked in the first post has the screenshots