PDA

View Full Version : Re-open Old Black Dragon hq and PP lab to combat.

Arista Barret
18-02-13, 19:31
I understand that exploiters take advantage of certain places to level. After the devs fixed the droner problems with ceilings and ammo exploits I see no reason why this game content needs to eliminated. Removing game content instead of addressing the real issue of the exploit has been a horrible way to handle problems for long enough.
PP lab should be opened back up because that area has added so much to the pvp experience. If the issue is killing guards for exp, then I really must say this. If the guard is red on my screen then he should be viewed as an enemy and open to conflict.

William Antrim
18-02-13, 19:45
Remove the XP gain from killing guards then. Just the same as they did with Copbots all those years ago.

Dropout
18-02-13, 19:51
Remove the XP gain from killing guards then. Just the same as they did with Copbots all those years ago.
Without doubt the most logical thing to do..

Arista Barret
18-02-13, 19:58
I dont agree simply because the guard is an enemy to my faction. If its red, its dead. Killing red NPC's is not an exploit and need not be eliminated from the game. Killing green guards should have a penalty on SL and Symp. Killing cops (who are CA) should be treated the same way. I am tsunami and I get penalized for killing a cop in Pepper park? "Remove" and "eliminate" are bad concepts for NC. We need to "fix" and "Create" situations that make the game fun and less strict.

Deus Ex Machina
18-02-13, 21:10
I dont agree simply because the guard is an enemy to my faction. If its red, its dead. Killing red NPC's is not an exploit and need not be eliminated from the game. Killing green guards should have a penalty on SL and Symp. Killing cops (who are CA) should be treated the same way. I am tsunami and I get penalized for killing a cop in Pepper park? "Remove" and "eliminate" are bad concepts for NC. We need to "fix" and "Create" situations that make the game fun and less strict.I guess the problem is not that you can kill these guards, but that you could kill them without fear of counter fire, thus making tons of XP without getting damaged - because the Guard AI is stupid, and when there is furniture and many walls around that is very noticable.

Since I would really like to have Zones back in action that are safe, I would be for the "No XP" (or minimal XP) Solution. Sounds about the best we can get without having players or a modern AI controlling the guards. I wouldn't want that solution for Areas in which guards can defend themselves though, if it can be distinguished.

Arista Barret
18-02-13, 23:04
True. PP lab has issues with guard AI. Can you see any reason why a runner shouldnt be allowed to lvl in old bd hq? Also seeing that PP lab isnt the actual HQ, i see no issue with leveling there besides the guards are dumb.

Cannings
19-02-13, 01:19
I dont agree simply because the guard is an enemy to my faction. If its red, its dead. Killing red NPC's is not an exploit and need not be eliminated from the game. Killing green guards should have a penalty on SL and Symp. Killing cops (who are CA) should be treated the same way. I am tsunami and I get penalized for killing a cop in Pepper park? "Remove" and "eliminate" are bad concepts for NC. We need to "fix" and "Create" situations that make the game fun and less strict.

How does removing the XP affect your red is dead policy? It doesn't.

I love this idea btw.

Arista Barret
19-02-13, 02:40
How does removing the XP affect your red is dead policy? It doesn't.

I love this idea btw.

It takes away a good leveling spot. Pp lab guards are red to tsunami. I am not suggesting to kill them just for roleplay. I see them as a legitimate target.

zii
19-02-13, 15:56
+1 red is dead.

+1 remove XP gains from Faction NPCs.

Arista Barret
19-02-13, 16:53
+1 red is dead.

+1 remove XP gains from Faction NPCs.

I can see the carebears coming out for this but i don't see one valid argument for taking exp from a target. that's pretty much continuing the same ship we have now. Im so sick of carebears ruining this game. Im so sick of logging on to low population. when is everyone going to face the facts? No one but a handful of roleplaying carebears wants to play the damn game! Im sick of arguing with the only people left who play. doesn't anyone realize these fools their decisions are the direct cause for the game dying? Why am i not speaking directly to the people who matter instead of trying to make a ppoint to some delusion antisocial pacifists...

Shirlias
19-02-13, 16:55

for great justice.

Brammers
19-02-13, 17:15
I can see the carebears coming out for this but i don't see one valid argument for taking exp from a target. that's pretty much continuing the same ship we have now. Im so sick of carebears ruining this game. Im so sick of logging on to low population. when is everyone going to face the facts? No one but a handful of roleplaying carebears wants to play the damn game! Im sick of arguing with the only people left who play. doesn't anyone realize these fools their decisions are the direct cause for the game dying? Why am i not speaking directly to the people who matter instead of trying to make a ppoint to some delusion antisocial pacifists...

OT: Here is a fact you need to face. The populations are not low. http://stats.techhaven.org/en/graphs/server I do wonder if you are really playing this game or not.

Back to the topic: Until the devs fix the mob AI to hunt down attackers in the zone. That includes hunting down the droner's body.

Sounds like a sensible idea.

DR REED
19-02-13, 17:25
OT: Here is a fact you need to face. The populations are not low. http://stats.techhaven.org/en/graphs/server .......

Nice work, Brammers! Thx for the server statistics!

No, NC is real alive again (at this moment). Didn't expect that this game ever would return, which is undoubtly due to the engaged work of this dev team. But we all need some patience.....

Reed

Trivaldi
19-02-13, 17:28
There has been no removal nor elimination of content in these zones with the change to safe zones. While I'd prefer they were none safe zones for lore and context reasons, there has still been little lost with these changes. Other than the afore mentioned levelling which is not the purpose of these locations (i am in the 'remove XP from guards camp' - they are not "mobs"), I do not see what has been lost?

If it is indeed combat you consider a loss here, I would disagree with your intentions as there was never any combat in these areas for legitimate reasons. If there was, we would have Runners regularly involved in combat in TechHaven, Canyon Facility and against the numerous CopBots around Neocron City.

Other than a pinch of atmosphere, which I agree with, please go into detail regarding what you feel has been lost in these areas.

Cannings
19-02-13, 17:45
It takes away a good leveling spot. Pp lab guards are red to tsunami. I am not suggesting to kill them just for roleplay. I see them as a legitimate target.

So once again this amazing player who can't think outside of himself is raising more threads in the brainport for how he can exploit guards to level faster with no consequences, can we not just ban this account?

I'm so fed up with these people that think they are the reason that the game exists and that its the carebears that are ruining the game. They are so blinded by their own ignorance they don't even see they are the one destroying the game, same faction ganking any level on zone lines till they get red SL basically setting out to ruin someone elses day then wonder why server populations dwindle and yet still have the sheer incredulousness to blame other people for this.

Again ban this account.

Dropout
19-02-13, 17:58
Again ban this account.

...No.

Behind all the shittalk theres actually a good PVP'er. I have had several very enjoyable fights against him.

Cannings
19-02-13, 18:04
Good pvper or not he's demonstrated he is unable to come up with a sensible idea or has no idea's that will benefit the game so why should he be here other than to shit talk some more

Dropout
19-02-13, 18:07
Good pvper or not he's demonstrated he is unable to come up with a sensible idea or has no idea's that will benefit the game so why should he be here other than to shit talk some more

Opening up PP lab and the old-BD hq for PVP IS a good idea.
However as mentioned several times in this thread, guard XP should just be turned off. This he is against himself, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Trivaldi
19-02-13, 18:08
Stay on topic.

Nidhogg
19-02-13, 18:13
Cannings, we're a lot more laid back than we used to be but there are still limits. It's been really nice and civilised around here for a long time so please don't make us start taking action again. Just bite your tongue. Count to ten. Harlem shake. Anything, but don't flame. K?

Cannings
19-02-13, 18:14
Okay on topic, no I don't think we should re-open the hq's for combat so that the OP can exploit and level there.

How's that?

/edit

Sorry should been addressed to nidd, i'm sure you've read the last 4 posts made by this OP, they are not only bad idea's most don't belong in the brainport and are clearly aimed at making an advantage purely for the OP and his playstyle. I understand that you don't want flaming going on but in one thread he has accused "carebears and rp'ers for ruining the game" that's a flame on a group of people, if we're not going to monitor and close threads that are like this what is the point in moderation?

DeathCultLegion
19-02-13, 18:17
i do think Arista Berret has his point in reopening them for PvP again - BUT the Guard XP should be turned off. To stop leveling 10/10 Chars with 120/120 Guards - its to easy.

Some good events could emerge in Faction-HQ-Combat if we could raid a hostile Faction HQ and kill everything inside it (Runner/NPC)
etc.
@Arista: Deal with it - you are a known scammer and further more you cant always get what you want :D

Torg
19-02-13, 22:24
[ edited ]
on topic: ab, youre asking for opportunities to exploit xp. not going to happen.

Nidhogg
19-02-13, 22:39
That's enough.

Arista Barret
20-02-13, 01:57
For old black dragon hq...a great lvln spot is gone becAuse of now fixed exploits. bring it back for lvln. if you never intended for pp lab to be for experience, then at least open it back up for pvp and take exp from the guards.

Arista Barret
20-02-13, 02:27
If i may take a second to speak to the devs....i do alot to get people emotionally involved in the game. This makes neocron the one game you will not forget. You can get mad as hell at someone and you can also feel the greatest joy when you gun them down. If i didn't work so hard to play my chars the game would be boring and lame. People form friendships and bonds because they need to address an enemy. Its so easy to be the good guy. Its is not easy or a jolly life being bad guy. You actually have to be good at being bad...so anyway. Please don't misunderstand my intentions. Im happy to help :)

William Antrim
20-02-13, 14:04
You're not good at being bad though. You're flaming credible reasonable well thought out ideas. You're not counter arguing. You're not critiquing you're complaining. That's why you're getting such negative responses to your threads.

People have told you why they agree or disagree but anyone who disagrees is an enemy or a care bear. Levelling on guards is the shittest idea ever because it gives people no reason to leave the city. It would be good to have the zones as non safe again so that we could attack each others hqs for PvP but not to level. There is the wastelands for that.

Arista Barret
20-02-13, 17:34
If you want to flame me personally do it in game. I'd welcome that and hopefully so do the devs. This thread has ran its coarse. I have faith in the dev team to implement the suggested changes.

Nidhogg
20-02-13, 17:52
Closed at thread starter's request.