PDA

View Full Version : [INTENDED][R#180] Team XP bugged/lowered on PPUs?

netster
14-02-13, 13:26
Team XP bugged/lowered on PPUs? I just was in a team with my tank (duallogged from the same LAN, not same comp) at crp caves. My Tank did 3/4 level (to level96), my ppu did 1/4 level. Tank rank 59/, ppu rank is 61/. Can say the money result of the team is even, but not the XP result of the team. Am i GMcuresed? Or what the fuck did broke now? :/ Thought we are testing it now, in team with another tank+2x apu ... still i receive less XP then the rest of the group. Tank 57/, 2x apu 60/, my PPU 61/.

Overall the XP income of my ppu seams to be very low.

hatmankh
14-02-13, 17:47
This isn't a bug, the other players were getting exp for the damage they were doing PLUS team exp, as a ppu you only get team exp, unless you use clusters, it'd still be a lot lower than the other classes. (messed up cluster AI and bugs, no AoE)

This is why most monks who want to be ppus level as apus first then LoM.

This makes me think ppus should automatically receive twice* the team exp as everyone else, they'd still level slower than every other class but maybe levelling a ppu to cap would become reasonable, coding the game to detect who a ppu is and who isn't might be a problem though, maybe any monk who has points in ppu and 0 points in apu gets the bonus?

I think it makes sense, they focus entirely on the team, buffing them and keeping them alive, so why shouldn't they get more out of teaming for it? It's also pretty much their only source of exp and money at mid-higher levels.

Maybe this part of my post should be moved to brainport, I don't know, is it a good idea? Is it feasible to code into the game?

*less or more depending on what gets it closest to other classes.

William Antrim
14-02-13, 19:53
Give the monk xp based on how much health he heals rather than how much damage he inflicts?

hatmankh
14-02-13, 20:12
That's probably harder to implement and it's abusable, I suggested the team xp thing since it's how ppus train anyway and shouldn't be that hard to implement.

If there's some way of awarding exp for heals that isn't abuseable I'd be for that too.

Doc Holliday
17-02-13, 08:59
Whats to stop a monk afk in an appartment with the heal equipped and the mouse button duct taped down ?

Wont work Will.

RogerRamjet
18-02-13, 15:50
Whats to stop a monk afk in an appartment with the heal equipped and the mouse button duct taped down ?

Wont work Will.

I got beefed at ingame for the same suggestions. You'd have monks with group heals afk in plaza.

netster
20-02-13, 19:49
Well, to get the same xp share in the team will fix it all. :/